• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HUGE EU PSN Sale - 500+ games on sale (Mainly Japanese?)

R3birthFl4me

Neo Member
What a missed opportunity, instead of using the lame FFXV cover on the big in Japan image they should've used Punished Noctis face right next to Big Boss's.

Eridani

Both brilliant titles. Pick them both up.

World Tour was the first PS3 game, whilst EG was the Vita port, and had some gameplay improvements over WT. WT is better graphically yet EG plays a little better.

Hours and hours of fun for such a small cost and will get you up to speed for the new one.

Thanks. Just looking to use up some leftover credit so I'm not going to pick up both, but it's nice to hear they are both great.

Benedict

Guess I'll wait a bit regarding most PS4 games and concentrate on my Vita this sale.

Purchased:
Growlanser Wayfarer of Time
MGS Peace Walker
Assault Suit Leynos
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II

Hope to see Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky SC and Brandish on sale next time.

Gaaahhhhh. I already have a Switch coming later this month for Splatoon, I really shouldn't bite on any more games even though I really want Yakuza.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
This is the sale I've been waiting for. Definitely gonna get Danganrompa, Exist Archive and a few other Vita titles. Might get Yakuza 0...

I recommend people to try out Steins;Gate if they want an absolutely stellar introduction to visual novels. The Atelier Arland trilogy for £14.99 is also a fantastic price.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Ugh =/ Still worth a buy or should I rather play the original PS2 release?

There was a patch for the game (though I can only say for certain that the US version got one), but it only says "improved stability". From the little bit that was talked about it on GameFAQs it seems it fixed most of the crashes. I haven't played through the game myself yet, though.

RodzTF

Thanks. Just looking to use up some leftover credit so I'm not going to pick up both, but it's nice to hear they are both great.

In that case, pick up the latest one (Everybody's Golf). Should still have a little bit of an online community going.

How is Root Letter on PS4? Looking for a visual novel with puzzles that aren't too obscure etc. I would rather have it on Vita, but my main PS account is American and don't really fancy switching accounts.

Jucksalbe

Banned
How is Root Letter on PS4? Looking for a visual novel with puzzles that aren't too obscure etc. I would rather have it on Vita, but my main PS account is American and don't really fancy switching accounts.

I enjoyed it. It's probably mostly designed as advertisement for tourists, but it's still a nice and relaxing game. Some of the bad endings are a bit stupid, but the "true ending" route is actually really well done. No harem stuff either.

Do I buy yakuza?

You probably will.

Wichu

Grabbed Ar nosurge, Arland trilogy, Atelier Sophie, Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2, Dragon Quest Builders, and P4D for £75. Maybe I overdid it a bit, considering I only have a 16GB memory card :(

Not sure if there's anything else I should get.

tsab

I have Odin Sphere on ps3 (ps2 classic), which I havent played a lot yet.
I was thinking of buying the new version and playing that. Should I buy the ps4 version? PS3's half price makes it even more enticing.

Gintamen

I have Odin Sphere on ps3 (ps2 classic), which I havent played a lot yet.
I was thinking of buying the new version and playing that. Should I buy the ps4 version? PS3's half price makes it even more enticing.
I prefer the new version, even if only because the original was nearly unplayable durring lagging boss battles.

Hey, why are only the Persona 5 Izanagi & Orpheus DLC on sale!?

GeekMarty

YakuzaGAF, please help!

Got Yakuza 0 in January. My first Yakuza. Fuckin loved it.
Now I'm waiting for Yakuza Kiwami to hit in localized form.

Can I buy Yakuza 4 and 5 and still enjoy them without knowing what happens in Kiwami, 2 and 3?

Gintamen

Can I buy Yakuza 4 and 5 and still enjoy them without knowing what happens in Kiwami, 2 and 3?
Of course you can, but I would say it's much more enjoyable to see the story unfold from 1 to 5, especially since characters reappear and change over time. Mashima developed so much from 1 to 0 too.

Zalman

How do the PS1 Final Fantasy games play on Vita? Worth bothering? I know they're 50hz, but I don't know how different they feel.

Edit: Same question for MGS1. Only played the NTSC version, but I'd love it on a handheld.

tsab

YakuzaGAF, please help!

Yes buy them. I havent played 1-2 but I enjoyed 3 and 4. There is a "short" video showing the story you missed.

GeekMarty

Of course you can, but I would say it's much more enjoyable to see the story unfold from 1 to 5, especially since characters reappear and change over time. Mashima developed so much from 1 to 0 too.

Yes buy them. I havent played 1-2 but I enjoyed 3 and 4. There is a "short" video showing the story you missed.

Thanks for the advice!

I just realized that Kiwami is due to release late August (which is basically the day after tomorrow). I'll buy 4 and 5 now, but wait for Kiwami to arrive. Then probably watch a cutscene compilation of 2 and 3 before diving into 4 and 5.

Anyone knows what are the differences between Metal Slug 3 and Metal Slug 3 in Metal Slug Anthology?

Basically, I wanna know if I'm missing anything by getting just Anthology.

SugarDave

Bought Yakuza 5, Flower, flOw and Parasite Eve II.

I was tempted by Odin Sphere too but really prefer to try and get most games physically. How is the Vita version anyway?

Aselith

Anyone knows what are the differences between Metal Slug 3 and Metal Slug 3 in Metal Slug Anthology?

Basically, I wanna know if I'm missing anything by getting just Anthology.

You'll be getting a hot garbage version of the game if you buy Anthology as it runs like shit and has a lot of input delay.

I've heard the standalone are better but cannot confirm.

Thanks for the advice!

I just realized that Kiwami is due to release late August (which is basically the day after tomorrow). I'll buy 4 and 5 now, but wait for Kiwami to arrive. Then probably watch a cutscene compilation of 2 and 3 before diving into 4 and 5.

4 has a story summary of the previous games.

Is Edith Finch worth that price or holding out for cheaper?
Might end up being free on ps plus, the unfinished Swan their other game was free on plus.
It comes down to do you want to play it in the next couple of months or can you wait. Nobody can say if it'll go lower since discounts depend on the type of game, how well it's recieved, sales & publisher /developer and they don't have much of a history.
The unfinished Swan went much cheaper than Edith is now.

Languages: Japanese audio with English subtitles (NA | EU | AS) | Japanese audio with Traditional Chinese subtitles (AS) | Japanese (JP)

Yes it does. Actually it only includes Japanese audio.

Yep, although not every line is fully voiced.

Thanks for the quick answers folks!

I ended up picking it up before going to bed last night.

I always heard great things about the game but I really never play games on my handhelds, so finishing a RPG is a long shot on Vita. Was pretty annoyed that the PS4 version never released here even in digital form.

I just finished Persona 5 last weekend so a more light-hearted JRPG is exactly what I want at the moment!

Now to decide if there is anything else that I should pick up...

Gunkankun

Is road to boruto worth it for someone who played through the main game, traded it in and is looking at the expansion and some online brawls?

Zambayoshi

Vita prices such a joke to start these prices hardly be called good.

Not sure if serious. This is one of the best Vita game sales I can remember on EU PSN.

Bought way too much considering my backlog, but I'll get around to playing them all one day. I'd better buy another Vita as a backup for when I wear out my first three.

pbayne

Sale would have perfect for me if the dusk aetlier games were on sale.

Yes they are two different games, the one you should consider is Future Tone Bundle which includes the Colourful Tone and Future Sound packs which basically are the core game in itself. You can download Future Tone for free and try out one of two songs I believe before purchasing any of the packs.

Cheers. Been a good while since i played a miku game.

YakuzaGAF, please help!

Yes. Play Yakuza 4 and 5, IMO you don't even need to watch the recap but if you want to, there's nothing really wrong with it.

Yakuza 4 was the best entry point into the series before Y0, as it introduced 3 new protagonists, a whole new cast of characters and antagonists with a fresh new story. Yakuza 5 however assumes you know the characters so you have to play Y4 before Y5.

The stories are all standalone enough that you can get away with skipping some games in the franchise so you should be all good to go :)

Just remember that Y4 and Y5 are older games than Y0, and are still PS3 games so don't expect a technical marvel. Also, be wary of series burnout as Yakuza 5 in particular is L-O-O-O-O-N-G.

Top Bottom