• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HUGE EU PSN Sale - 500+ games on sale (Mainly Japanese?)

Jimrpg

How's the PS3 Everybody's Golf? I know basically nothing about the franchise (apart from the fact that it's supposed to be pretty good) but I'm kind of feeling like playing an arcade golf game so this looks pretty good.

I also see that there's two different versions:
Everybody's Golf: World Tour Complete Edition (3.99 GBP)
Everybody's Golf (3.29 GBP)

Which one's the better option?

Get the World Tour complete edition - comes with an extra three courses if I'm not mistaken (check the description). That's a total of 9 courses vs 6 on Everybody's Golf.

Gameplay is largely the same (ie its brilliant). Once you get to the later levels, I would hardly call it arcade anymore, its bloody difficult! I've never finished one, even though I always manage to get near the end. But 80% of the game is enjoyable and not too difficult.

There's a new Everybody's Golf coming on PS4 at the end of August, though I'm determined to finish my Vita version first and maybe the PS3 version too.

Eridani

Get the World Tour complete edition - comes with an extra three courses if I'm not mistaken (check the description). That's a total of 9 courses vs 6 on Everybody's Golf.

Gameplay is largely the same (ie its brilliant). Once you get to the later levels, I would hardly call it arcade anymore, its bloody difficult! I've never finished one, even though I always manage to get near the end. But 80% of the game is enjoyable and not too difficult.

There's a new Everybody's Golf coming on PS4 at the end of August, though I'm determined to finish my Vita version first and maybe the PS3 version too.

Are you sure this is true? From what I've gathered from google, World Tour only had 1 DLC course (ie. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everybody%27s_Golf_5 only mentions Oceania Resort). On the other hand, Everybody's Golf is supposed to have three DLC courses on the vita (https://www.polygon.com/2013/3/14/4104636/hot-shots-golf-world-invitational-dlc-characters-courses-ps3-port), but the store page for the PS3 version only lists one (while the vita version does list all three). Does anyone know what the deal is with that?

Guess I'll buy Yakuza 0 since everyone is recommending it.
Get on it!

And welcome to
giphy.gif

Flousn

After the DB FighterZ Announcement, i am itching for a DB Game - but i´m not really willing to spend 45€ on the XV2 Deluxe Edition (as i think i wont be deally diving into the RPG und Online-Aspect that much, i basically just want a good and fun Singleplayer DB experience to satisfy my hunger ;)).

So, is XV1 any good? 20€ for the game + Season Pass seems reasonable.

(Edit: The Timetravel-Edition is 20€, the Base Game + Season Pass is 15€. Am i missing something?)

sugarless

Picked up Parappa 2 on PS4 (never played) and for my Vita, Front Mission 3 Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (shamefully never played despite being huge Castlevania and Metroidvania fan). Total just over £8, not bad at all.

I'm in the USA and thinking of buying a EU PSN card. If I buy from Amazon a £20 card, and the 3 games I want total £19.49 according to these prices, will that be sufficient, or is there some extra sales tax in EU? Thanks for any help.

I'm in the USA and thinking of buying a EU PSN card. If I buy from Amazon a £20 card, and the 3 games I want total £19.49 according to these prices, will that be sufficient, or is there some extra sales tax in EU? Thanks for any help.
By EU, you mean UK right? Then you should be good, I buy the same way as you by purchasing pre-paid cards and have yet to encounter any tax shenanigans on UK PSN.

Minamu

Is the re7 dlc worthwhile? I was kinda bummed out that the standard edition was fairly cheap but I'd be losing out on stuff if I don't get the deluxe edition or whatever which is barely on sale at all.

I bought Valkyria Chronicles. I haven't played it since it was first released on PS3.

I also recommend anyone that hasn't tried a Yakuza-game to get Yakuza 0 at this price.

Saoshyant

Is the Metal Slug 3 available as stand-alone part of the Arcade Archives release? Or is it a PS2 emulation title as Metal Slug 3 was released as stand-alone back then? Or something else?

Rafus

I just bought Yakuza 0! Couldn't play before because of no time, so now I'm eager to give it a try. Not played a Yakuza since ps2 lol.

How much of Dracula X Chronicles do you have to play to unlock Symphony of the Night, and is it tough to get to that point?

Grappling between that and the 50hz PAL PS1 classic.

Buy it with euro's, its more favorable then the dollar -> pound conversion.

Mithos

Asking again. (If someone knows)

On the Playstation Store (on my PS4) it say I own Journey (I do, got it free through PS+, and are still a PS+ subscriber), on Playstation Store (on website from PC) it say I can buy Journey, not that I own it.

What does this mean? Can I buy the game from the website and "break" it free from PS+?

sugarless

How much of Dracula X Chronicles do you have to play to unlock Symphony of the Night, and is it tough to get to that point?

Grappling between that and the 50hz PAL PS1 classic.

Damn I didn't even think of PAL shenanigans and got SOTN. Is Dracula X the NTSC version/decently converted?

xrnzaaas

Asking again. (If someone knows)

On the Playstation Store (on my PS4) it say I own Journey (I do, got it free through PS+, and are still a PS+ subscriber), on Playstation Store (on website from PC) it say I can buy Journey, not that I own it.

What does this mean? Can I buy the game from the website and "break" it free from PS+?

Probably a store bug. I also own a PS4 Journey from PS+ and I can't even find it in the web store (the search engine only finds the game's themes).

Gradon

I've finished Atelier Sophie and currently playing Atelier Shallie, what's the best Atelier game to get out of the Arland series?

Soo that Godzilla game. I've watched a couple of reviews, it seems to be very faithful to the source material, to its own detriment. If you go in knowing what it is... is "it" anything you could appreciate?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Totori is better than meruru story wise.

I find that the plus version of Rorona improves it that it is on par with meruru.

luso

I have 7,64€ remaining from a 50€ gift card.
Thinking in RE 0 (6.99€), I have RE 4-6 and the first one. Worth it?
Any other suggestions to spend this? Not into older arcade re-releases, so 2 smaller games deal is not easy with this amount.

GeekMarty

Yes. Play Yakuza 4 and 5, IMO you don't even need to watch the recap but if you want to, there's nothing really wrong with it.

Yakuza 4 was the best entry point into the series before Y0, as it introduced 3 new protagonists, a whole new cast of characters and antagonists with a fresh new story. Yakuza 5 however assumes you know the characters so you have to play Y4 before Y5.

The stories are all standalone enough that you can get away with skipping some games in the franchise so you should be all good to go :)

Just remember that Y4 and Y5 are older games than Y0, and are still PS3 games so don't expect a technical marvel. Also, be wary of series burnout as Yakuza 5 in particular is L-O-O-O-O-N-G.
Thanks for the breakdown! As for the bold, yeah will definitely switch it up with Horizon NG+ and PUBG as well as some smaller games in backlog. This summer is actually pretty stacked for me!

Eumi

Ok, I keep seeing people recommend Ys but they never explain why. Why is it good? Is it story, gameplay, music? Is Ys Origin a good starting point? Is that Ys game on Vita a better one?

Basically, someone sell me on Ys.

Totori is better than meruru story wise.

I find that the plus version of Rorona improves it that it is on par with meruru.

Totori is better than Meruru story-wise, Meruru is far superior in gameplay though. I loved the city-building stuff so much.

Rorona Plus is a great improvement, but it still doesn't hold a candle to either of those two.

Ok, I keep seeing people recommend Ys but they never explain why. Why is it good? Is it story, gameplay, music? Is Ys Origin a good starting point? Is that Ys game on Vita a better one?

Basically, someone sell me on Ys.

The story is not the strongest suit of Ys in comparison to other Falcom games (although VIII changes that somewhat).

The gameplay is action-RPG crack - insanely satisfying.

Falcom OSTs are the best in the genre.

Ys Origin is great, Celceta is great, they're all great. Origin is more traditional Ys, Celceta more modern. Take your pick.

The story is not the strongest suit of Ys in comparison to other Falcom games (although VIII changes that somewhat).

The gameplay is action-RPG crack - insanely satisfying.

Falcom OSTs are the best in the genre.

Ys Origin is great, Celceta is great, they're all great. Origin is more traditional Ys, Celceta more modern. Take your pick.

One thing I will say is, celceta feels unnecessarily padded. The gameplay is good but it gets repetitive due to the padding. The story also isn't that deep/interesting.

Jimrpg

Are you sure this is true? From what I've gathered from google, World Tour only had 1 DLC course (ie. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everybody%27s_Golf_5 only mentions Oceania Resort). On the other hand, Everybody's Golf is supposed to have three DLC courses on the vita (https://www.polygon.com/2013/3/14/4104636/hot-shots-golf-world-invitational-dlc-characters-courses-ps3-port), but the store page for the PS3 version only lists one (while the vita version does list all three). Does anyone know what the deal is with that?

Yeah I wasn't quite sure, so I did a bit of digging.

This LTTP from GAF says there's 8 courses?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509408&highlight=hot+shots+golf

I seem to recall 8 now, though its been so long since I played it. I think I vaguely remember the dinosaur course.

The Vita version of Everybody's Golf definitely has 3 extra DLC courses because I just bought the DLC a few months back. That's probably where I got confused.

xrnzaaas

I have 7,64€ remaining from a 50€ gift card.
Thinking in RE 0 (6.99€), I have RE 4-6 and the first one. Worth it?
Any other suggestions to spend this? Not into older arcade re-releases, so 2 smaller games deal is not easy with this amount.

RE0 is a weak game imo. Bland characters, crappy bosses, in some ways it's really archaic (very limited inventory space and you constantly have to exchange items between playable characters), in some ways it tries to be fresh and fails (like being able to drop items whenever you want, but you end up wasting your time searching for them later on). It has decent puzzles even though some of them are simply about finding quest items and delivering them where they can be used.

Eridani

Yeah I wasn't quite sure, so I did a bit of digging.

This LTTP from GAF says there's 8 courses?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509408&highlight=hot+shots+golf

I seem to recall 8 now, though its been so long since I played it. I think I vaguely remember the dinosaur course.

The Vita version of Everybody's Golf definitely has 3 extra DLC courses because I just bought the DLC a few months back. That's probably where I got confused.

Thanks for digging this up. It does look like the PS3 Everybody's Golf comes with two Vita DLC courses though, so I guess they both come with 8 courses:
Golfers on PS3™ can also compete with Everybody's Golf® players on PlayStation®Vita via Cross-Play, and instantly access some of the extra characters and courses previously released for PS Vita as additional downloadable content.
Explore stunning courses and unlock loads of characters, locations and kit – including two courses and two characters previously only available for PS Vita as additional game add-ons.

Jimrpg

Thanks for digging this up. It does look like the PS3 Everybody's Golf comes with two Vita DLC courses though, so I guess they both come with 8 courses:

Yeah this is so weird... so Everybody's Golf: World Invitational (the port from Vita) looks like it includes two courses from the Vita version that were previously available as DLC making it 8 total. There's one extra course I can see available as DLC (meaning nine if you buy the remaining course). They should have just included that last course.

luso

RE0 is a weak game imo. Bland characters, crappy bosses, in some ways it's really archaic (very limited inventory space and you constantly have to exchange items between playable characters), in some ways it tries to be fresh and fails (like being able to drop items whenever you want, but you end up wasting your time searching for them later on). It has decent puzzles even though some of them are simply about finding quest items and delivering them where they can be used.

I see, thanks. Well, it's a another RE game for the collection. But I'll check alternatives, open to suggestions.

Zhao_Yun

The random crashes in Wild Arms 3 have been patched recently, so you can safely pick up this gem!

Guess I'll buy Yakuza 0 since everyone is recommending it.

Cool, thanks! Will pick it up next to the Dark Souls III DLC.
I also want Star Ocean 3, but I think I'll rather get that on US PSN.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Just bought Symphony of the Night, never played it before. I'll be spending a lot of time in hotel rooms soon enough so I'll be playing this on Vita when travelling and PS TV when I arrive. Looking forward to it.

Is the RE7 dlc any good? Or should I go with the base version? I don't have a PS VR if that matters (yet).

I wouldn't say it's essential, it's remixes/challenges, that sort of thing. The most important DLC for the game isn't out yet and it's gonna be free.

Would agree with this. It's the weakest of the classic RE games, but still a good game in it's own right. I still wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone that liked REmake.

Top Bottom