• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hulk Hogan sex tape included racist tirade - WWE cuts all ties

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Sting went into business for himself and cost DDP the title against Jimmy King. Sting is a jackass who can't be trusted.

He was on drugs during his Crow Sting run...besides that, dude truly is a walking superhero.

adj_noun

What about Ricky Steamboat? He's clean, right? No controversies there?

The way this thread is going I'm expecting someone to tell me he ran over a nun.

Twice.

Savitar

What about Ricky Steamboat? He's clean, right? No controversies there?

The way this thread is going I'm expecting someone to tell me he ran over a nun.

Twice.

He was into gross sick crap.

He acted like a family man and you know what..................

He was.

is mcmahon fired ? calls booker a nigga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiJ_SQijcaU

Hard to fire the guy who owns the business. That and he has majority stake. And...........people kinda know he's a shit lord to begin with.

Big E still the greatest with the subtle reference

@WWEBigE: I'm not 8 feet tall, tho... http://t.co/0NUzmwehje

Followed by the also awesome but less subtle

@WWEBigE: Appropriate a culture, pilfer from its dialect, profit wildly from it, and regard its people as subhuman. Makes sense...

That was scripted tho. Dont now much, if anything, about McMahon so dont know what to think of him

I don't think Vince McMahon would have fired Hogan for this anyway. Now that they're a public company and HHH and Stephie pretty much run the company he can't just take Hogan into his office and tell him to knock it off anymore.

It'll be funny if they keep all the music, outfits (slightly modified), animations, etc for Curtis Axel and #Axelmania.

Either way, I think completely removing him (both from the game and WWE's mindset) is stupid. Scrubbing him from the history of WWE is most certainly not going to make people forget his legacy with the company. Maybe let him back in the game on condition that any payments for his likeness rights go to some charity or something. Michael Richard's tirade did not make Seinfeld racist or Kramer any less funny.

Big E still the greatest with the subtle reference

@WWEBigE: I'm not 8 feet tall, tho... http://t.co/0NUzmwehje

I'm not going to pretend my scrawny ass can press a fraction of that, but it seems dangerous how quickly he is doing those reps and letting the bar basically bounce off his chest.

Idba

I don't think Vince McMahon would have fired Hogan for this anyway. Now that they're a public company and HHH and Stephie pretty much run the company he can't just take Hogan into his office and tell him to knock it off anymore.

Isnt Vince one of those who fired Hulk Hogan since hes on the chair board and majority stake holder?

Fury451

Banned
Andre did say some racist things before, Bad News Brown took exception once and Andre backed down. The man wasn't perfect, but I don't believe he was a bad guy by any stretch of the imagination either.

Not to be confrontational, but what is the difference between him and Hogan in that case?

Sounds like Hogan was well-liked by some fellow wrestlers, but like anyone, may have been harbroing internal prejudice. But did he act on it with fellow wrestlers or others as far as we know?

Doesn't excuse what he said 8 years ago, but basically, how come some like Andre get a pass while he's being destroyed?

Hex

Banned
This whole situation made me research who this "Bubba The Love Sponge" is and that man is a piece of work.

He is a total piece of shit.
I am in Florida and it is pathetic, he and his yes men lackeys.
They have been removed from the radio many times and now are back and have a whole station who gave them control.

dream

Not to be confrontational, but what is the difference between him and Hogan in that case?

Sounds like Hogan was well-liked by some fellow wrestlers, but like anyone, may have been harbroing internal prejudice. But did he act on it with fellow wrestlers or others as far as we know?

Doesn't excuse what he said 8 years ago, but basically, how come some like Andre get a pass while he's being destroyed?
Because Andre's dead, and dead wrestlers are generally canonized by wrestling fans when they die.

Idba

Because the internet didnt exist when Andre wea alive

Savitar

Honestly?

Mainly because Andre wasn't a shit scum human being a lot of the time. Was it right what Andre said? Of course not. And he got heat for it and someone got in his face about it and he kindly started acting better for it. He deserved the talking down for what he said. Hogan has been known for being two faced on.....well just about everything there ever was. Dude has been a shit head who thinks mostly of himself and is well known for that.

One person learned to be better when called out for his crap.

One person continued to be a crappy human being despite being repeatedly called out for his shit overall.

hoy

Banned
Sorry Hogan. This guy will always be the GOAT now. The argument is over.

200.gif

wwe doesn't really give a fuck. they promote this two time wife beating champ today.

hogan will be back.

think of all those black hulkamaniacs he has helped out through make a wish, etc. before it was cool. he is a good guy and the haters know it. i think they are jealous of his big cock and pythons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom