• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hulk Hogan sex tape included racist tirade - WWE cuts all ties

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

Well, let's be clear here: all we know is that Andre learned that Bad News Allen would beat the ever loving shit out of him if he used the word "nigger" in his presence.

Savitar

Well, let's be clear here: all we know is that Andre learned that Bad News Allen would beat the ever loving shit out of him if he used the word "nigger" in his presence.

Fear can be a good teacher, and Bad News Brown was a professor on such things.

EdmondD

Undertaker was always one of my favorite wrestlers so I'm glad to know he isn't a complete scumbag like some of these other wrestlers. People forget though that he threw Mick Foley aka Dude Love off the Hell in a Cell cage. He nearly broke him in half!

Paracelsus

While both things are bad, it's one thing when someone like Andre says it, another when

Well, who knows more about that organization than me, brother?… Let me tell you something. I made that organization a monster. I made people rich up there. I made the people that ran that organization rich up there. And when it all came to pass, the name Hulk Hogan, the man Hulk Hogan, got bigger than the whole organization.

Says it. Hogan is wrestling even to people who don't know what wrestling is, so the weight of his words is a lot heavier in comparisons.

Take yo vitameans, say yo prayarse, screw other men's wives, *racist insults*

Son Of D

Undertaker was always one of my favorite wrestlers so I'm glad to know he isn't a complete scumbag like some of these other wrestlers. People forget though that he threw Mick Foley aka Dude Love off the Hell in a Cell cage. He nearly broke him in half!

Didn't Taker cheat on his wife with Michelle McCool? Definitely not as bad as Hogan and Benoit and others but not purely good IIRC.

That's...a very weird conversation he was having. I mean he says he feels his daughter "jumped sides" on him cause...what, she had some black dude supposedly help with her music career? And then goes on to ponder about his adult daughter's sex life....why.

Savitar

That's...a very weird conversation he was having. I mean he says he feels his daughter "jumped sides" on him cause...what, she had some black dude supposedly help with her music career? And then goes on to ponder about his adult daughter's sex life....why.

The way Hogan always interacted about his daughter was....slightly troubling. I half expected a scandal from it one day.

riotous

Banned

The jumped sides thing hopefully was just a reference to him no longer managing her, but combine it with the racist crap and it almost sounds like he's referring to her not being on the "white is right" side.

Gonzalez

Banned
Didn't Taker cheat on his wife with Michelle McCool? Definitely not as bad as Hogan and Benoit and others but not purely good IIRC.
I thought he cheated on his wife with Tracy first...
x240-kou.jpg

Two Words

So you guys don't think racists can change for the better in 8 years or ever? I don't give a damn about Hulk but... He might have changed for the better.Then again I don't know him...
Lol no... Federer is a Saint while Hulk already had a bunch of drama over his private life in the past.
You shouldn't assume people have changed because they typically do not change. It is nonsensical to assume the far less likely case occurred.

Savitar

Didn't his sister, and wife of Davey Boy write some terrible shit about him, or am I misremembering this? It's one side of the story of course, but Bret actually being a complete asshole wouldn't shock me.

Most of his family and extended family are rather crummy people. Not sure if it was THAT sister but one of them for example after Owen Harts death copied the notes the lawyers had including their "battle plan" and gave it to the WWE to stay in their good graces.

I'm going to regret asking this, but is there any dirt on Bret Hart? Please say no...

He slept around. He also did drugs too.

Both are more or less almost standard for wrestlers.

Hulk being himself in private, and wants me to believe he's someone else publicly. Own your shit. What is it about black men private parts that make men like Hulk so hateful.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Isn't this even worse news for Gawker? Now that they not only violated his privacy sexually but with this, he can absolutely prove it cost him future earnings, right?

Cagey

Banned
Pretty surprised by this as well.
Why is it surprising?

I would be surprised and disappointed if friends and family came out and defended his words or actions or equivocated them to paint them as not racist or not that bad.

I'm not surprised people who see him as a friend don't take his hateful words and decide to immediately discard their relationship and begin actively hating him.

There's a difference between a person having to evaluate their relationship and view of a someone and defending that persons actions. I'm not pleased to see it, but it's far more understanding than Mick coming out and saying "what hulk did wasn't THAT bad guys".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom