• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble Bundle X - To the Moon Joe Danger 2: The Movie Papo & Yo Runner2

Eusis

Given the price of Starbound they may as well just make it a straight $9.99 incentive, period, to drive the average up, at least for the first day. For some reason I was thinking of another game that was something like $40, but this is one I was actually interested in and is only $14.99 anyway.

rrs

And the 5th copy of Starbound I bought arrived (it's a bazillion times less annoying than Terraria, actually good, and $10 in a bundle is a fucking steal for it)

SlUN8qh.png

So... I guess I'll wait and see which games they're gonna add to the bundle.

I'd say the first Joe Danger, some other BIT.TRIP games, and surprises

Hmm, let's see...

Interested in Reus and Surgeon Simulator.

Already have Runner 2 (PS+) and To the Moon (stupidly bought in a Steam sale - haven't played yet of course, why do I keep doing that?).

Don't really care about Papo y Yo (apparently it's very mediocre?) or Joe Danger (the demo of the first one didn't grab me at all).

So... I guess I'll wait and see which games they're gonna add to the bundle.

Gazoinks

And the 5th copy of Starbound I bought arrived (it's a bazillion times less annoying than Terraria, actually good, and $10 in a bundle is a fucking steal for it)

SlUN8qh.png

I'd say the first Joe Danger, some other BIT.TRIP games, and surprises

Good to hear about Starbound vs Terraria. I sort of like Terraria, but never really got into it, but Starbound seems much more appealing to me. Will have to pick it up sometime.

Also let me just restate that you people should play Papo & Yo.

I'll get this bundle after it drops more.

Kinda pissed, but it's strictly jealousy not having the chance to get Starbound. It'll be between this bundle or just buying Starbound on Steam.

Ezalc

Is Reus good? I don't really care for Surgeon Simulator. Otherwise I'm going to wait to see the other games that get unlocked as the ones you can get for a buck right now interest me but I'd rather just see if it'll become worthwhile to beat the average.

The selection of games is pretty good (the first bundle in a long time where I own none of the games and am interested in most of them).

The Starbound promo wasn't a cool move, though. I almost went for it, but I decided to wait until the average dropped a bit.

My friend got Starbound, though. It wasn't even that he wanted Starbound, he just wanted to beat the average.

Metzhara

Reus is awesome. It's worth it just for that game.
I'm probably going to pick it up again just for support (ok ok... and the wonderful soundtrack.)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Surgeon Simulator is an excellent game with no qualifications attached. The controls aren't frustrating, they're skillful. There's a ton of content, much of which got added after the fact for free. The skill curve is amazing and when you get good at the game you feel like a god.

Eusis

Surgeon Simulator is an excellent game with no qualifications attached. The controls aren't frustrating, they're skillful. There's a ton of content, much of which got added after the fact for free. The skill curve is amazing and when you get good at the game you feel like a god.
"Listen to the mad man"

Well, at a minimum it's good for a laugh.

ngower

This looks fantastic, particularly Reus and Papo y Yo. My only concern is, I have a Macbook Air (1.7 i7, 8GB, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024mb) and fear these games won't run particularly well. Is anyone else here running these on an MBA (or equivalent) and have any feedback on how games run? With a number of these games making their Mac/Linux debuts, there's little info out there on performance.

Sounds like my kind of game. This bundle is amazing value as always from mainline Humble Bundles, To the Moon is one of (if not the) most touching stories ever told in a videogame, Reus is beautiful and unique, and Runner 2 should be as addicting as 1 (gifted it to a friend this Christmas, but it was quite cheap so I'm good). I already own Starbound so I'm not even mad I missed the deal. :D

Humble and the starbound fiasco has left alot of people angry

What fiasco exactly? The fact that everyone wanted one?

They are no longer the number 1 bundle site imo

Right, they're clearly outclassed by, um... er...

gotoadgo

Humble and the starbound fiasco has left alot of people angry

They are no longer the number 1 bundle site imo
Fiasco?

- They said there were a certain number of keys
- Keys sold out
- Offered refund for those assuming they were getting one but in fact did not
- Are now trying to get more keys for those not asking for a refund.

About as far removed from a fiasco as you can get.

All games I don't have, for once. (Except Surgeon Simulator 2013.)
I guess I'll be regretting my winter purchases with future bundles. (Only because I'm OCD about saving money.)

Avinexus

What fiasco exactly? The fact that everyone wanted one?

People are mad the average price is inflated because everyone currently buying it is not getting the same product. The Starbound thing was simply there to drive up the BTA price.

At least that's what I'm getting from the reddit thread.

Wish I hadn't slept last night, would have had a chance to get Starbound.

Still, To the Moon, Papo & Yo and Runner 2 are games I have wanted to try for a while, good deal at the current price.

LOLDSFAN

Whoops I've been reading it as X. I didn't realize until I watched the video that it was actually 10. So it's part of the main bundle series huh.

Average at 5.79 now.

People are mad the average price is inflated because everyone currently buying it is not getting the same product. The Starbound thing was simply there to drive up the BTA price.

For a short time, that would be true, but eventually, as it has pretty much happened already, the first thousand or so $9.99 purchases would become statistically insignificant, especially when weighed against the likely greater number of $1 purchases. Unless the BTA games are really hot items (like Bastion was for HB5), the average would eventually come down to around the usual level. The bundle began with a $4.99 average, and it shot up to around $9, but now, after ~70,000 purchases, the average is down to $5.79, a pretty normal level for most Humble Bundles.

Fake Edit: Just checked the stats for the past 9 main Humble Bundles, if anything the current average is on the lower end of the spectrum.

Toki767

Just need to wait until the bundle hits the front page of Slick Deals. Then the average will drop from everyone buying $1 keys.

I'm curious to know what all the people that had crazy lists of what they expected to be in this bundle think of what the bundle turned out to be.

Polari

This looks fantastic, particularly Reus and Papo y Yo. My only concern is, I have a Macbook Air (1.7 i7, 8GB, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024mb) and fear these games won't run particularly well. Is anyone else here running these on an MBA (or equivalent) and have any feedback on how games run? With a number of these games making their Mac/Linux debuts, there's little info out there on performance.

I'd say they'll run fine. Plus it's $6 and some of it goes to charity, you can't go too wrong.

Polari

Those people should stop being such cheap cunts.

eldoon

Fiasco?

- They said there were a certain number of keys
- Keys sold out
- Offered refund for those assuming they were getting one but in fact did not
- Are now trying to get more keys for those not asking for a refund.

About as far removed from a fiasco as you can get.

Fiasco- offer a tiny number of keys 1000/77,000 barely 1% of the bundle buyers had a chance which many people did not know about and it hasnt even been 24 hours

Use this Artificially raise the BTA

Have many people pay the $10 but miss out and they may or may not get a key

Have an even large part of the population learn of the starbound deal and get mad they were not told and missed out.

Check online the majority of people that knew of the starbound deal are mad about it and it has caused people to buy the bundle for 1 cent to lower the cost.

inm8num2

The top comment at the reddit thread pretty much nails it.

The "average" is meaningless if not everyone has the opportunity to buy the same thing.

I'm tempted to call them Scumble Bundle. They get the best games, but their practices have been sketchy lately.

No Humble tip for you!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's not likely, but in the off chance that Joe Danger 1 isn't in the BTA I'll be annoyed :/

Purchased but how do I redeem keys, I did it via the Humble store, says I redeemed them but dont see any keys.

edit: Ah nm i see it auto sends to library.

Not really

Check out other websites like reddit they are getting attacked left right and center about it and left alot of people angry.

Yes, I know how silly the internet can be. That people posts silly comments in different places just means that there is an overreaction in several places.

I paid $10 long after the Starbound deal was over, because these packs are such great and opportunities the way they are. That the Starbound deal was apparently not handled in a perfect way is not enough for that we should forget that. Some comments here makes me want to pay even more to raise the average.

Top Bottom