• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble Indie Bundle 16 (Outlast, Never Alone, Trine 3, Door Kickers, & More)

I played so much of Sunless Sea during the free weekend last month that I told myself to wait for a steeper sale just to force myself away from the game. Well, here it is (and I was mildly interested in Never Alone, so it's a nice bonus).

I don't have time for anything not named Fire Emblem Fates in the next few weeks or even months, if the past few days have been any indication, so on the backlog they go.

Widge

I only don't have sunless sea, so I'm gonna see if I can buy it separely from someone.

Same here. Well, I'm after a swapsie if at all possible, I have a Gunstar Heroes, Renegade Ops & Viking: Battle for Asgard code that I am unlikely to use.

Shame, I usually jump all over the bundle but I've got so much from this one.

poodaddy

Sunless Sea and Door Kickers made this an insta buy for me. Been wanting to try those games, and at this point what excuse do I have?

Is there any babby's guide to getting started with Sunless Sea out there?

Also, any way to make the text larger without sacrificing resolution?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
First time I've ever went for the top tier. Been meaning to try Sunless Sea and Door Kickers for a long time.

Very nice to see them go back to a non $15 flat top tier.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Doorkickers is great, and hopefully it'll leave a lot of people excited and wanting for the upcoming sequel. (co-op multiplayer yay)

shandy706

Alright...I think I'm playing Sunless Sea wrong...or do I just keep restarting and building up over time?

Am I playing Sunless Sea wrong....or not?

I started it last night...barely made it to two harbors south, killed to enemies, fell short of the 3rd harbor by like an 8th of an inch (fuel ran out)...abandoned ship...died, LOL

Was like "Seriously guys..the dock is like 50' from the boat...just swim to it"

Never had enough "echo" to buy more fuel at any docks...wtf?

I liked the 30 minutes I played, but I have no idea how I would have afforded more fuel.

I didn't have enough supplies to sell to afford fuel either.

Granjinha

Alright...I think I'm playing Sunless Sea wrong...or do I just keep restarting and building up over time?

I started it last night...barely made it to two harbors south, killed to enemies, fell short of the 3rd harbor by like an 8th of an inch (fuel ran out)...abandoned ship...died, LOL

I liked the 30 minutes I played, but I have no idea how I would have afforded more fuel.

You have to do short trips and find ways to get echo. I don't want to spoil anything, so i would say just explore and find out the best ways to trade and get money. The more you know and explore, the more echo and leeway you'll have. I died about 4 times before i got to understand how to do things right lol

It's a hard and tiring game sometimes, but man, it's amazing.

DrArchon

The easiest way to get fuel is to go to a port, complete the "Port Report" action, and then return to London. You'll get free money and fuel for your trip, plus build up favorability with the admiralty that you can use to make more money, get more free fuel, or repair your ship.

Early on, you want to make short trips mostly. Nothing too long. Remember to always return to London because 9 times out of 10 it has cheaper fuel and supplies. Sticking close to home waters usually means weaker enemies too.

Another way to save fuel that really isn't explained too well is that you consume less fuel with your lights off. If you're fine with getting a little extra terror, or you're in range of another light source, kill your lights and save fuel.

shandy706

You have to do short trips and find ways to get echo. I don't want to spoil anything, so i would say just explore and find out the best ways to trade and get money. The more you know and explore, the more echo and leeway you'll have. I died about 4 times before i got to understand how to do things right lol

It's a hard and tiring game sometimes, but man, it's amazing.

The easiest way to get fuel is to go to a port, complete the "Port Report" action, and then return to London. You'll get free money and fuel for your trip, plus build up favorability with the admiralty that you can use to make more money, get more free fuel, or repair your ship.

Early on, you want to make short trips mostly. Nothing too long. Remember to always return to London because 9 times out of 10 it has cheaper fuel and supplies. Sticking close to home waters usually means weaker enemies too.

Another way to save fuel that really isn't explained too well is that you consume less fuel with your lights off. If you're fine with getting a little extra terror, or you're in range of another light source, kill your lights and save fuel.

Thanks guys, I suppose my "short trip" wasn't short enough, haha.

I look forward to working on my playstyle this weekend. I appreciate the suggestions. I really liked what I played. I knew I was going to have to "figure it out". :)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
BTA games releasing in about a day, any guesses what they might be?

And also a notice if anyone wants to buy the bundle. If the BTA games are good, the price of the bundle will go up most certainly, so outside of the main window at the start, this is the point it'll probably be cheapest.

New BTA games are up. Duet (DRM-Free, Steam, & Android) and FORCED (DRM-Free, no steam key Steam). Not familiar with either of them.

Meh. I think I'll stick with the $1 tier. I'm interested in the BTA +$2 games, but nothing in the BTA tier is really grabbing me.

Norci7

New BTA games are up. Duet (DRM-Free, Steam, & Android) and FORCED (DRM-Free, no steam key). Not familiar with either of them.

Meh. I think I'll stick with the $1 tier. I'm interested in the BTA +$2 games, but nothing in the BTA tier is really grabbing me.

I received a Steam key for FORCED too.

Uhhh. I just loaded up Steam and got this message:

zjSWh4O.png

...from the key I used from this bundle. Anyone else?

Sblargh

Banned
I don't have door kickers nor sunless sea and I have been wanting them for some time. Great bundle. :)

Edit: Oh, I missed it. I will just turn that smile upside down then. :(

Red Hood

Banned
Uhhh. I just loaded up Steam and got this message:

zjSWh4O.png

...from the key I used from this bundle. Anyone else?

Hmm, I won Sunless Sea a week or so ago through Modbot, but it seems I still have access to it.

edit: Maybe it's because I don't have this Lifetime Edition? Just the regular version.

Top Bottom