• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble Indie Bundle 16 (Outlast, Never Alone, Trine 3, Door Kickers, & More)

DirtyLarry

In for $10 even though I need to build a new gaming PC. Figure my Macbook should handle a few of these in the meantime. Great bundle.

Well I am sold. Strange that I'm so drawn to this but wasn't really interested in Hack n Slash's take on the construct of games. Thanks!

It seemed like Hack N' Slash had a good concept, but left a big chunk of the potential fun out by only giving you a list of variables that could be altered - which is almost certainly an easier route (both from creation and usability standpoints) compared to something like Else Heart.Break(), which is more free-form and lets you get more hands-on and creative with solutions.

Yeah except I don't use Steam if I can possibly help it. I have a crap ton of unused Humble keys I could resell, but it feels... wrong. I mean, how is it different than just redistributing the DRM free copies?
I wasn't thinking about selling the steam keys but using the steam keys on your account, running some sort of idling program (such as idlemaster or ArchiSteamFarm) while on your computer anyway (this negates the fact it tends to take at least 4 hours per game to get all the card drops these days) and then putting the trading cards earned onto the Steam marketplace to get some steam wallet credit for those rare occasions you would buying something from Steam.

Bundles tend to kill the value of trading cards (market gets over supplied) but it is still 7+3+5 cards which a worse case scenario of selling them at $0.03 a card (giving you $0.01 once developer takes $0.01 cut and Valve takes $0.01 cut) would eventually give you $0.15 of Steam credit. That wouldn't be a bad deal for $0.10.

Of course it isn't just $0.10 but the effort of doing the above as well. Staying away from it is probably the better thing to do here but I hope that gives you insight into my thoughts here.

When is the BTA generally the the lowest?
Early on average is most volatile as individual purchases have greatest power in changing it at that point.

I'd say it becomes stable about 10k purchases and increases over time after that.

You can look at some historical data here. At a glance sometime in first 24 hours.

Typically the instant it goes live. I don't think I've ever seen it trend down outside of Steam holiday event shenanigans.
I was lucky enough to see a 0 bundles sold once but sadly didn't screencap it but I seem to recall it started at like $10 or $15 average.

BTails

Everyone who gets this for Outlast, PLEASE do yourself a favour and also use the Whistleblower DLC coupon. The DLC for this game is HIGHLY recommended, it wraps the story up well and features quite possibly the best video game video game villain in the past 10 years.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Most of the games looks terrible but Door Kickers and Sunless Sea look awesome!

Many of them are worth checking out. Personal taste and all that, but I can attest a few of them are quite good from what I've played (and the others simply I have not played so can't say any personal opinion).

BTA + $2? Well, that's one way to get the average to constantly climb over time, instead of staying roughly in the same place, I guess.

(...although it's actually gone down since the image in the OP, so what do I know)

In for $10. Sunless Sea is dope and I'll be handing that to me bro since I already have it and haven't played nearly as much as it deserves.

Been wanting Outlast for a while, so this is very good. Very solid bundle.

Jimrpg

I just want sunless sea right now but it's already $7.95.

And in my country it's the equivalent of $5 when on sale.

Doorkickers and never alone seem cool tho.

I had been waiting for a nice sale price for Sunless Sea, so I just went all in. Apparently Sunless Sea is not a game really designed to be a roguelike, with games stretching well over the five hour mark, so I'll probably play with savegames enabled.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Y'all are pretty high on Sunless Sea, but I played it on the free weekend and didn't really enjoy it. Did I miss something?

Granjinha

Outlast alone is worth it.

But man, do get the tier that gives you Sunless Sea. That was one of my top 5 games of 2015. Just amazing.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I need this like I need a hole in the head, but still couldn't resist. BTA+2 to see what Sunless Sea is about. Overall looks like a pretty nice bundle.

Hope to see Broforce or Fistful of Gun added.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a copy of Outlast.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1188884.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Outlast -- MB-66E031A3A0DF1D77 - Taken by Red Hood. 2 entrants total.

t1456281066z1.png

DrArchon

Y'all are pretty high on Sunless Sea, but I played it on the free weekend and didn't really enjoy it. Did I miss something?

Depends on why you were down on it. If you didn't like the writing or how much of it there was, then no you're never gonna like Sunless Sea. If you were down on it for being too slow then you can grab a mod to speed the game up, but there's nothing built into the game to really speed up the early portions. If it was too difficult, then yeah there are probably ways to help with that in-game.

Sunless sea is one of those games you need to go into with low expectations. It demands a LOT of players, is fiddly and I think it is unlikely that many people will take to it. Do not be surprised to find it boring and wonder what all the fuss is about.

But if you try it and are the very specific kind of gamer who will enjoy it? Happy days.

Just don't bother with Never Alone. It flat out sucks.

Huh, completely missed this news.

Sunless Sea is the reason to get this bundle... And Trine 3 is the reason to avoid it. I'm conflicted.

Nudull

Banned
Hm, not too much there that I don't already have or might be interested in.

If anyone has a copy of Outlast they don't want though, I'll take it.

Top Bottom