• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble SNK NeoGeo 25th Anniversary bundle, including several PC debut games

Loona

So bought, t-shirt tier too - I never expected this would be would a legit SS5S port purchase would come about.

Dammit. I want Garou, 98 and 2002 but they're all split up and I have to pay highest tier. :(
It's $10, $40 is actually the highest tier. I imagine myself with a roll of quarters at an arcade. I can definitely play 40 quarters worth out of these 15 games. By a longshot!

GooeyHeat

Hey, only some of the ROMs that come with this seem to be working in Fightcade. Of the ones I've tried, I've gotten Mark of the Wolves, Neo Turf Masters, and Twinklestar Sprites to work fine (they give errors on startup but they have no problems running), but Samurai Shodown V Special and Baseball Stars 2 are giving me errors and saying they will not run. Anyone else have this issue?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so what of these games were leaked to come out on steam?

ship it

picked up the bundle and made a fightcade account. id : Ship_it

interested to see what other games will be added and when.

A completely legal way to get 20+ Neo Geo roms for pocket change.

This is incredible.

Exactly, I want legit 'ownership' of these things and you're showing you're willing to pay a more than fair price to buy these games and...future games?

Oh and you do get some steam keys.

PureYeti

Ah SHIT!!

The two games I want the most (King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match Final Edition & King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match) aren't available on Mac.

latest

You can try to run wine on steam. I have a Mac and I used that. It worked fine but kind of hit and miss on net play because it crash on me.

Schlomo

Are there any good guides for setting up Retroarch to play these? It's incredibly confusing, the Neogaf thread is very outdated and Google fails me.

This is a steal at 10$. Do not play PC games all that often (or ever), but went in for a tenner. So much gaming goodness for such a bargain price is amazing. One of the best, if not the best, humble bundle I have seen.

Fudo Myo

I went for the $10 tier solely off the hype in this thread, having never played any of the games. Never played them in the arcade, so I have no nostalgia factor.

Holy crap, I am so in love with Pulstar already. R-Type rip-off, but such great sprites, I love it. I wish there were more shooters in this package, it seems pretty fighter-centric, but that's OK.

Can I ask why everyone hates Dot Emu so much?

Ya know...it's not often as a Mac user do I really feel like I'm missing something gaming wise. But damn. Will probably pick this up anyway I don't even care I can play them eventually haha.

Ah SHIT!!

The two games I want the most (King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match Final Edition & King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match) aren't available on Mac.

latest

Ah, damnit, I was just coming to ask if these games were Mac compatible.

I've always wanted to play those two but as an owner of a PS3, PS4 and Mac there's no way of playing them :(

EdgeXL

Would anybody be willing to trade for a $10 bundle? I can offer keys for RPG Maker XP and Game Character Hub, a bunch of unclaimed keys on Steam like RPGs, a few Origin games and whatnot.

Shane

Bought.

Downloaded the non-Steam games so I can play them locally.

Shock Troopers is ready for Friday night.

BasilZero

Hmm might skip out on this since I'm more interested in Steam keys of the games ;p

Although I wonder what other games they will add since they pretty much have all Neo-Geo ports from Steam on this bundle (this of course excludes KoF XIII since it wasnt on NeoGeo).

Might buy it but not now.

ryushe

So, I wanna buy this for myself as well as three of my friends. Is it possible to buy the $40 tier (the one with the shirt) and get 4 different keys, or would I have to do each transaction individually?

Loona

I can't find the soundtrack in the claim page, although all the game download links are there - am I looking in the wrong place or something?

BOTEC

Do any of these, say MOTW, support online play?

By themselves, no the Neo Geo emulated games don't have online play. You can load those ROM's into an online enabled emulator if you're into that.

I can't find the soundtrack in the claim page, although all the game download links are there - am I looking in the wrong place or something?

There should be buttons along the top of the list for Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, and Audio.

Ah SHIT!!

latest

They should run fine on any current Mac that supports Bootcamp. Do yourself a favor and set up a Windows partition. It takes < 10 seconds to boot into Windows, and back again.

Drago

Holy fuck. Bought. This might be the most insane Humble Bundle I've ever seen in terms of value.

Can't wait to try out Twinkle Star Sprites :)

Videospel

So, I wanna buy this for myself as well as three of my friends. Is it possible to buy the $40 tier (the one with the shirt) and get 4 different keys, or would I have to do each transaction individually?

You'll have to buy them individually.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Can I ask why everyone hates Dot Emu so much?

Because they do a bad job. They're selling roms that run in an emulator that's not even as accurate as what some random coder built for free 15 years ago. Why would I support that, or even think that's acceptable?

This is the dumbest comment I've heard all month. I'm guessing you think stealing is the way to go.

Honestly, as a person raised in the metaphorical Blackbeard Bay, reading the announcement of Virtual Console left me shocked for something like a week. Especially since I thought back then porting required no effort.

Dinjoralo

It's a bit weird how most of these are just arcade ROMs. Why not do the home versions? :/ Eh, I'll take it. Fun games are fun.

Top Bottom