• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble SNK NeoGeo 25th Anniversary bundle, including several PC debut games

shaowebb

Hell yes Iron Clad and Blazing Star! These shmups are awesome. Iron Clad is especially neat with its robot drone setup. Also I LOVE me some Real Bout 2 Fatal Fury. If only they would ever release Real Bout Fatal Fury Special:DOMINATED MIND with the special Clockwork Orange inspired psychic boss character "White".

7mIgRtE.png

Tizoc

Hell yes Iron Clad and Blazing Star! These shmups are awesome. Iron Clad is especially neat with its robot drone setup. Also I LOVE me some Real Bout 2 Fatal Fury. If only they would ever release Real Bout Fatal Fury Special:DOMINATED MIND with the special Clockwork Orange inspired psychic boss character "White".

7mIgRtE.png

The game is available on JP PSN.
Far as I know it's always been a PSOne game. It had unlockable supers too, but you can get a save file to unlock them instantly.

White does appear in HonFu's ending at least (and Yamazaki's perhaps? Can't remember)

My imaginary Wild Ambition remake has White as a playable character

Tizoc

For Retroarch and FBA what's the difference between AES and MVS and why is the switch to AES a +?

AES is the 'console' ver. while MVS is the 'arcade' ver.
For games like Garou and the KoFs, this gives you the option of playing in training mode or choosing versus mode.

Some AES keep censorship like for SamSho 2, for that just stick to MVS and have it in Japanese to get all the blood etc. Same applies for Metal Slug 2 oddly enough.

OmegaDL50

Or alternatively press and hold A+B+C during the Universe Bios loading screen

splash.png

Which allows you to open a menu to change to US region + AES system all from your controller / joystick. Do general bios configuration (Difficulty settings, freeplay, etc), as well as the Jukebox player that lets you listen to music and sound effects from the game.

mainmenu.png

Also you can press Start + Select / Coin simultaneous during the game to bring up this menu

ingame.png

Which allows you to reset the game or access a cheat database

In fact this is required to properly play Samurai Shodown V Special in AES mode because one of the cheats fixes the finishing moves and audio to properly play in AES mode.

It's one way to configure stuff with a controller without needing to change the modes each time with the emulators on settings.

The Universe Bios makes things convenient in that regard. (Of course it needs to be enabled prior before hand)

EdgeXL

Does anybody know if these games would run on a Raspberry Pi or Arduino running Linux? Thinking of building an arcade style cabinet using the DRM free versions of the games and trying to decide what will power it.

Shaneus

Does anybody know if these games would run on a Raspberry Pi or Arduino running Linux? Thinking of building an arcade style cabinet using the DRM free versions of the games and trying to decide what will power it.
I *believe* the ROMs will run via an emulator (FBAx?) on the Pi, but that's it.

Awakened

Some AES keep censorship like for SamSho 2, for that just stick to MVS and have it in Japanese to get all the blood etc. Same applies for Metal Slug 2 oddly enough.
You can have English and red blood or extra violence in most Neo Geo games by turning them on in the service menu. In MAME (and maybe FBA?) with a game loaded up you press F2, go to "Setting Up the Soft Dip", "Slot 1 <game name>", and press your confirm button to switch blood or whatever to on. In some games you might also have to set the country to "Others" instead of USA to fully disable censorship, but you can keep the language on English. Then press your cancel button to get back to the main menu and then exit to save your settings and reset the game. You have to do this for each game, but it will save the settings to NVRAM files so they stick.

dadjumper

The Universe Bios makes things convenient in that regard. (Of course it needs to be enabled prior before hand)

Unibios is the best! I've been using it with RetroArch, but I'm wondering if there's any way to save region settings? I basically always want it to be set to Japan/Arcade, but it keeps defaulting to Europe.

Hero

Feel silly asking this, but I bought the bundle, how do I access/download the Neo Geo 25th Anniversary Soundtrack? Can't find it anywhere on the page.

Hero

Same. No fucking clue.

Just figured it out, you have to go to the individual games' "page" in your library and it lists the soundtrack.

i.e. Metal Slug 3's page will let you download the game and also has a link for mp3 or FLAC of the soundtrack.

bman94

I need help. Bad. I've tried Mame, Retroarch and Fightcade and I can't get these games working for nothing. Mame wouldn't load the roms saying I was missing something, Fightcade said I was missing something, worked but the emulation is piss poor, and Retroarch just crashes everytime I try to load the games. I would be fine with the default roms that came with the games if they would recognize my xbox 360 controller but they don't. I can only use keyboard and that's the last type of input I would want to use for a fighting game. Can somebody help me?

Tizoc

Get final burn alpha it is the same one fightcade uses
Make sure u copy the game.zip and have neogeo.zip in the rom folder of the respective emulator
Fba recognizes 360 controller so once fba recognizes the roms run it and use the emus options to customize the game to ur liking.

bman94

Make sure u copy the game.zip and have neogeo.zip in the rom folder of the respective emulator
Fba recognizes 360 controller so once fba recognizes the roms run it and use the emus options to customize the game to ur liking.

I put Final Burn alpha in the core folder of RetroArch? RetroArch doesn't have a rom folder, do I make one?

Edit: Oh, wait, Final Burn Alpha is an emulator in itself?
Edit 2: Okay thanks It's working full speed now. I thought I needed RetroArch in order for Final Burn Alpha to work. Thanks again!

Feel silly asking this, but I bought the bundle, how do I access/download the Neo Geo 25th Anniversary Soundtrack? Can't find it anywhere on the page.

There are only 4 soundtracks that you can access via the "Audio" button, which is located with the buttons where you can choose between Windows/Linux/Mac versions of the game.
Click on that and download the soundtracks.
I too thought there would be soundtracks for EVERY game in the collections, but sadly, there aren't.
Would've loved the OST for KOF2k.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
There are only 4 soundtracks that you can access via the "Audio" button, which is located with the buttons where you can choose between Windows/Linux/Mac versions of the game.
Click on that and download the soundtracks.
I too thought there would be soundtracks for EVERY game in the collections, but sadly, there aren't.
Would've loved the OST for KOF2k.
I guess you have to pay a minimum of $1 to get those because I ain't seeing the audio button.

Piccoro

I put Final Burn alpha in the core folder of RetroArch? RetroArch doesn't have a rom folder, do I make one?

Edit: Oh, wait, Final Burn Alpha is an emulator in itself?
Edit 2: Okay thanks It's working full speed now. I thought I needed RetroArch in order for Final Burn Alpha to work. Thanks again!

Tizoc, is it possible to replace the FBA that Fightcade has for a more recent one?
Fightcade is the only emulator that I like because of netplay.

petran79

Banned
Tizoc, is it possible to replace the FBA that Fightcade has for a more recent one?
Fightcade is the only emulator that I like because of netplay.

Arclive has a little more recent version of finalburn I think.
Just as the now defunct Supercade

Top Bottom