• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble Ubisoft Bundle (Grow Home, CoJ: Gunslinger & Rayman Origins for $1)

Tagyhag

Why would they have both Uplay and Steam codes when the BTA games are on Steam as well?

Not interested at all now.

kswiston

So the $75 tier is basically the $15 tier + a Uplay preorder for The Division that comes with a free shirt and a couple of coupons of limited use.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Wish these were steam codes.

This is a fantastic package. I will probably pick it up next week at the $15 tier.

Man why in the hell did I pay full price for AC Rogue on PC >.>

Massive buyers regret right now.

Great bundle, the 75$ tier is a bit... odd but for those who are interested in the Division on PC its not a terrible deal.

They add some more AC games to this I'm down, I don't mind the uplay client its not very obtrusive unlike Origin but still... couldn't they at least give steam codes as well >.>

georly

Grow home will be the first ubisoft game I've bought since prince of persia on ps2. And all the money will go to charity. Awesome.

oti

Banned
Blacklist was surprisingly decent right? Not sure to bite on the BTA

It is! Buy it! You won't regret it, I promise.

Great bundle, the 75$ tier is a bit... odd but for those who are interested in the Division on PC its not a terrible deal.

I'm not so sure about that. I think I've seen The Division for like 30€ flying around on deals sites and The Crew can't be that expensive still, can it.

Acidote

I really liked what I played of Splinter Cell at a friend's, but I'm not installing uPlay ever again. Forcing me to format once years ago was enough. I'm not gonna support Ubisoft.

Bebpo

Banned
Man why in the hell did I pay full price for AC Rogue on PC >.>

Massive buyers regret right now.

They add some more AC games to this I'm down, I don't mind the uplay client its not very obtrusive unlike Origin but still... couldn't they at least give steam codes as well >.>

Yeah, I'm kicking myself for picking up Rogue during the winter sale for $15 now.

Then again the only game I really want is The Crew and this doesn't come with the Wild Run expansion which I heard is what fixes the game and is basically necessary. Will wait for next bundle that includes that.

dex3108

I wonder how many people from this thread who refuse to buy bundle because of UPlay know how UPlay client looks like today? :D

I'm not so sure about that. I think I've seen The Division for like 30€ flying around on deals sites and The Crew can't be that expensive still, can it.

30€ is getting into shady price territory, but the legit retail copy is only 40€ in Finland so the Humble is still a terrible deal unless you really want that T-shirt.

I wonder how many people from this thread who refuse to buy bundle because of UPlay know how UPlay client looks like today? :D

Ubisoft has fixed pretty much all problems with Uplay now, but it still sucks for people who want to use Steam Big Picture to launch games. Uplay does not have any other controller support other than you can press A on the game's page to launch it.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Yeah, I'm kicking myself for picking up Rogue during the winter sale for $15 now.

Then again the only game I really want is The Crew and this doesn't come with the Wild Run expansion which I heard is what fixes the game and is basically necessary. Will wait for next bundle that includes that.

I dodged that bullet. Got buyer's remorse a day later and got a refund.

k2DSS7H.png

Tempted to pick the 15 tier...

Bittercup

Can I register Far Cry 3 on uplay if I already have it on steam? The game requires uplay anyway so it's listed in my uplay library but requires uplay+steam to start.
I would like to replace it with an uplay-only version from the bundle if possible.

Best $1 bundle I've ever seen. All those games are great, creative and awesome. Bought those full price, would've paid fuller.
Blacklist is also really good and more than worth the paltry $4 or whatever.

lol at $60 pre-order though.

Paid a fiver, chancing on the mystery games making up for it/not being games I already own.
...one of them is going to be Driver isn't it? That's great for other people as it's another good game, that I bought years ago.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
You don't need a gaming PC for Rayman Origins. Spend the $1, and play the best 2D platformer since Super Mario Bros. 3.

a) I use OS X, so I can't run windows software anyway.

b) I already own Rayman Origins for both the Wii and Xbox 360.

Salty Hippo

Got the 1$ tier but Humble only sent me the uPlay code for Rayman? Steam tab where there should be 2 codes is blank.

Edit: Just had to wait a bit for them to appear, all good.

Spwn

Got the 1$ tier but Humble only sent me the uPlay code for Rayman? Steam tab where there should be 2 codes is blank.

The Humble Bundle page clearly shows Rayman to only have a uPlay key. Gunslinger and Grow Home are the only ones coming with a steam key.

edit: Oh, I misunderstood.

BiggNife

Blacklist was surprisingly decent right? Not sure to bite on the BTA

Do all these games have controller support?

Yeah, every Ubisoft game uses xinput so 360 controllers work right away.

And yeah, Blacklist is really solid and underrated. It's the game Conviction should have been, honestly.

blegh i just bought it without signing in first, is there any way to add the games I just bought to my humble bundle account list?

BiggNife said:
Yeah, every Ubisoft game uses xinput so 360 controllers work right away.

And yeah, Blacklist is really solid and underrated. It's the game Conviction should have been, honestly.
That's good to hear, Conviction made a great "play in a day" game even if it was lacking.

oakenhild

Is the $15 worth it for The Crew? Good enough game for $15? I've never played an Assassin's Creed game, so not sure if Rogue is worth it either.

(The uplay codes are fine with me, uplay worked well enough during the division beta...)

karnage10

Banned
How's the crew for Singleplayer?
I'm interested in this bundle since i "only" have fc3 and blacklist. I'm having a hard time on deciding whether to go tier1 or tier 3.

Momentary

Banned
I almost got tricked into buy the $15 dollar tier after seeing the STEAM keys for the $1 tier games. Good thing I checked a second time.

Bittercup

Can I register Far Cry 3 on uplay if I already have it on steam? The game requires uplay anyway so it's listed in my uplay library but requires uplay+steam to start.
I would like to replace it with an uplay-only version from the bundle if possible.
Quoting myself in case someone has the same question:
Bought the bundle and now have the game two times in uplay. But you can just hide the duplicate.

Top Bottom