• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble Ubisoft Bundle (Grow Home, CoJ: Gunslinger & Rayman Origins for $1)

oh this reminds me, I have two spare Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle steam codes, PM me if you want one. A trade would be nice but not required.

edit: gone

oti

Banned
...maybe I should upgrade to $15...
That would mean 5€ for each game. That's pretty much the best Steam Sale price we can hope for for the next xoyuppe of years until it reaches 3,74€ or something like that....

Endruen

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Endruen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger -- MB-C92792A472996826 - Taken by fspm. 14 entrants total.

t1454453381z1.png

CHC

If the 66% off coupons are for any future Ubi games, that's a really good deal. Basically 3 new games for 20 each after the deal. If you split the 75 that means you pay 45 for a new Ubi game, plus get a bunch of "free" older ones. Not bad.

Axass

Did I half-press A myself into some wacky parallel universe where $1 is too high a price for something you want?

Nope, I wasn't saying that. It's just that I actively despise Uplay and have no interest in Cal of Juarez, so I'll end with keys I don't need. But you're right, I'm being stupid, guess I'll give them away.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
If the 66% off coupons are for any future Ubi games, that's a really good deal. Basically 3 new games for 20 each after the deal. If you split the 75 that means you pay 45 for a new Ubi game, plus get a bunch of "free" older ones. Not bad.

Remember it expires in March.

Even in codes were Steam, they would be Steam -> Uplay which is the same thing. If you abandon your uplay account, you lose the Steam uplay games aswell.

It is silly to be platform whores, those are mostly single-player games anyway.

Anon67

Not sure what's wrong with Uplay. I used it a ton when I was playing the AC games and everything was completely fine on my end.

Got no problems with the uPlay logo. These prices are on the level of what I'm prepared to pay for games on that service.

Not sure what's wrong with Uplay. I used it a ton when I was playing the AC games and everything was completely fine on my end.

It's disliked because it's a service that exists only because it's beneficial for Ubisoft, not because it's beneficial for us. It does work, but few would choose it if other options are available.

Axass

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178885.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Axass, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rayman Origins -- MB-966F35DEB50346D2 - Taken by Miker. 3 entrants total.

t1454454521z1.png

Dunno, why the uPlay icon isn't appearing... but obviously it's a uPlay game.

Nice. I've got no problem with giving $15 to charity to finally play around with Rogue, Chronicles China, Grow Home and Blacklist.

You win Ubisoft, I'll use uPlay. I'm not passing up Far Cry 3 or Splinter Cell: Blacklist just because I have to go through a different program.

When I'm rich, I'll buy the games on Steam.

Depends on what "certain items" means.
I'd wager pre-orders and Far Cry Primal.

Ah it says it right there if you click on the thing. I'm dumb.
66% off up to any three Ubisoft titles in the Humble Store coupon (excludes pre-orders, The Division, Rainbow 6 Siege, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, and Anno 2205)
But...sooo...Far Cry Primal is released on PC March 1st. The code expires March 16th. It is being sold in the Humble store. So €20 for Far Cry Primal?
Did someone screw up here? Either way, they will have to honor that deal, right?

Worth it for Rayman. I can tolerate Uplay for that.
What is interesting is the apparently Steam version of Rayman Origins is DRM free as in you don't need the Steam client running to play. What I'm saying is you might only need to tolerate uPlay for downloading it if the same applies here.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Typical: the first time in almost two years that I use Uplay and I get the message "There is a problem connecting to a Uplay service". Can't add my Uplay games to my account at the moment.

CHC

But...sooo...Far Cry Primal is released on PC March 1st. The code expires March 16th. It is being sold in the Humble store. So €20 for Far Cry Primal?
Did someone screw up here? Either way, they will have to honor that deal, right?

I guess they'll allow it. The Division and Far Cry Primal for $75 is pretty damn good. I guess at this point Ubisoft knows they're not kidding anyone with 60 dollar games. It's so comically easy to get their virtually new titles for like 30 or 40 even two weeks after they release.

pislit

Been playing R6: Siege since release date, never had problems with Uplay. But I do understand everyone who are very allergic to it, I bought Anno 2070 a few years ago and I can't play it for months. LOL. The classic Uplay "we are going to update a game that you are not playing now, so exit everything, coz we will break everything."

Nice dollar tier. COJ and Rayman are too good for a dollar.

Did anybody from SEA buy any humble bundle with a shirt? Is the delivery time great?

mnannola

How is playing Uplay games on Steam Big Picture mode?

I have a PC in the living room and use pretty much SBP exclusively because it controls so well with a xbox360 controller. Can I add these games to Steam as a non-steam game and start them pretty easily?

b4mv

Banned
Dammit I bought grow home on Saturday night.

Oh well, it was worth it. I binged for 6 hours with it. Amazingly cute little game, highly recommended.

Elija2

What is interesting is the apparently Steam version of Rayman Origins is DRM free as in you don't need the Steam client running to play. What I'm saying is you might only need to tolerate uPlay for downloading it if the same applies here.

Just tried this and you can totally run Rayman Origins without Uplay. Sweet.

yatesl

Ubisoft has fixed pretty much all problems with Uplay now, but it still sucks for people who want to use Steam Big Picture to launch games. Uplay does not have any other controller support other than you can press A on the game's page to launch it.

How is playing Uplay games on Steam Big Picture mode?

I have a PC in the living room and use pretty much SBP exclusively because it controls so well with a xbox360 controller. Can I add these games to Steam as a non-steam game and start them pretty easily?

I've just reinstalled Windows so don't have Uplay installed at the minute, but I'm fairly sure there's an option (like Origin) to automatically quit Uplay when you close the game. So you'd add non-Steam game, it'd either load Uplay then straight to the game (or you might have to press A to launch the game in Uplay), then when you quit out it closes the client.

Berto

Oh FFS sake... bought it thinking it was all on Steam. How dumb can I be...

Take it.

Rayman: 9HCL-ML6V-683V-DBY7
Far Cry 3: F3P-HLGT-BMXL-4LN3-AXGA
Splinter Cell whatever: EF4Y-MTM3-3BV7-AMM7
Chinese Ass Creed: 9K9A-FCP3-GC3R-CANX

Take it.

Thanks for Chronicles - I was looking to try this out anyway.

Hey, that's a pretty good Humble Bund.....

oh...

Uplay.

Well, I mean Gunslinger and Grow Home are great pick-ups for a dollar at least....

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178885.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (VibratingDonkey, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

xWBm0BY.png
Splinter Cell: Blacklist (uPlay) -- MB-6411CCB2728BA59C - Taken by Crimsonclaw111. 1 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Far Cry 3 (uPlay) -- MB-75E023741B0A2FEE - Taken by Madrugador. 4 entrants total.
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger -- MB-E1FFC13C7C8A0707 - Taken by Costa1774. 5 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Rayman Origins (uPlay) -- MB-E25194956C3A5D3E - Taken by Zom. 1 entrants total.
Grow Home -- MB-A66D50CEBF4D6963 - Taken by 73V3N. 8 entrants total.

t1454462922z1.png

Red Hood

Banned

Take it.

All used unfortunately

Top Bottom