• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Do we know if Killua's brother is still with the Phantom Troupe? Because that could cause a lot of problems.

He is.
Currently living members of the Phantom Troupe are:
Chrollo
Nobunaga
Feitan
Machi
Franklin
Shizuku
Bonolenov
Phinks
Kalluto

Both Kurapika and Hisoka are going to have issues dealing with him.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Kurapika Chrollo Silva Hisoka 4 way brawl. I'm game.

Hisoka's Schwing might become a Nen ability unto itself.

Grazzt

It's becoming more and more intense. God I love this manga.

Now we know why Kurapika is so OP. I hope he can get prolonged life from that thing on dark continent

caliph95

His Schwing becomes something like the Survivor stand from Jojo.
But it doesn't induce aggression it still tells you "weak" points
7b7b5e99c335269be1f46add79c3616c--hunters-manga-anime.jpg

pretty sure it has to do with alluka

I thought it had to do with Killua...

Depending on translation, it was something vague about wanting to get the family back together, right?

Alluka was still there near the house locked up, but Killua had left.

Come to think of it, was the extra person in that family picture even supposed to be Alluka? (ch 229)
Maybe it was a stand in because Alluka wasn't written or drawn out yet (hidden face in the picture) but I haven't thought much about it being someone else.

remz

I'd bet Shizuku will die next.
That vacuum is going to do dick all against Hisoka.

If he's working from the bottom up for sure! My girlfriend wants Shizuku to be next because she hates her turtleneck/jeans/bob/gold chain look. I think she's being mean.

Didn't Hisoka kinda have beef with samurai guy? I can see him being on the chopping block easy. Phinks seems likely too as he's the strong/beefy member- although I feel like that matchup is extremely in Hisoka's favour. .

daveo42

Banned
Jesus Kurapika.

I mean I know he doesn't care if he dies after accomplishing his mission, but that's a hell of a price to pay for that fancy ability of his.

upandaway

Okay, uh. Okay. That explains a lot. Yeah that explains quite a bit.

Kurapika has better versions of multiple abilities we've seen on other fairly advanced people who used it as their only ability, it never made sense for it to be that broken. Now it definitely does.

I'm not sure how long this arc will be now. There's no way he can keep this pace up.

Daingurse

Goddamn.
I knew Emperor Time had consequences, but never thought it was anything near this harsh. This is honestly depressing. This ability is literally killing Kurapika with every second that passes :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There's the rub.
Emperor Time is literally killing him, took YEARS to finally reveal that. He's going to die soon isn't he? Probably going in a blaze of glory to take out Chrollo

wartama

Neo Member
Dammit Togashi. He really
wants to kill off Kurapika doesn't he?

By the way, someone on reddit is predicting that now the assassin is killed, Botobai's court might become relevant. I really like that theory... Ace Attorney Hunter anyone?

I find it funny that the least self destructive characters are Killua the boy raised by assassin's and knife wielding Yamcha. Kurapika and Gon go too hard in the paint.
Yep. And man, I'll never look at Kurapika vs Uvo the same way again. . . .
Yeah I was thinking about that scene earlier wondering how much of his life got siphoned out during that fight.

Yep, my mind immediately when to his battle with Uvo. Fuck.

You got to chill, Kurapika. :/

I knew his restrictions were serious but lawd. It does help explain his power with Emperor Time though. I've always felt it was a bit OP.

Edit - Kurapika pulled a Gon before Gon did.

Shouldn't the princes have some sort of sacrifice as well for gaining power? I find the nen beast thing super cheap so far...

Also, if Chrollo is on board, i wonder if he is the 4th Princes bodyguard? That would at least set up serious fight for this arc, because I can't see how the 4th prince will be any challenge for KUrapica in a fight...

HStallion

I'm just thinking, they might have been able to put the King in zetsu if Kurapika was there with Meleoron. That's crazy

The King is so physically strong I don't think it would have mattered. That and the King isn't in the Phantom Troupe.

I'm just thinking, they might have been able to put the King in zetsu if Kurapika was there with Meleoron. That's crazy

I'm pretty sure that only worked because Uvo couldn't break his chain, and zetsu was only in affect as long as he was restrained by it. I'm not sure the ability works if the chain can is destroyed, which the King would have been able to do (I doubt Kurapica strengthened it to account for non-humans)

Mael

The King is so physically strong I don't think it would have mattered. That and the King isn't in the Phantom Troupe.

Even worse, Kurapika would have been able to steal his nen.
BUT that only steal a finite amount of aura I'm guessing.
For a regular human, it puts them in Zetsu state.
For the King? He's the kind the of monster that makes Yupi a child.
Even disregarding the physical damage the King can deal without nen (because remember a regular soldier ant like that disgusting bird that impales victims could tank Gon's jajanken no problem).
Regular aura blast would do nothing to a defenseless King.

I'm pretty sure that only worked because Uvo couldn't break his chain, and zetsu was only in affect as long as he was restrained by it. I'm not sure the ability works if the chain can is destroyed, which the King would have been able to do (I doubt Kurapica strengthened it to account for non-humans)

The chain can be broken, the Uvo fight was important to know if regular force alone was enough to break it for one of the PT.
We can assume the King is magnitude stronger than Uvo so even in Zetsu I don't think he would have a problem.

Shouldn't the princes have some sort of sacrifice as well for gaining power? I find the nen beast thing super cheap so far...

Also, if Chrollo is on board, i wonder if he is the 4th Princes bodyguard? That would at least set up serious fight for this arc, because I can't see how the 4th prince will be any challenge for KUrapica in a fight...

Did you miss the drop of blood that they gave for the ceremony or something?
they have no control over it and it acts on its own.

They're headed to a continent full of what are essentially Nanikas with an immortality disease and miraculous plants. I'm sure the lifespan thing will be a nonissue in the end.

Mael

Nah, I don't think this will be a consequence he can escape. Or if he does, it will come along with its own cost.

I don't remember in which book it was but I remember Kurapika discussing that he could lose his ability in full if he changed the judgement sword in his heart.
Also pretty funny that Gon was warned to not go the way Kurapika went or the price to pay would be rather heavy....and fastforward after GI and there you have Gon doing way worse.

The chain can be broken, the Uvo fight was important to know if regular force alone was enough to break it for one of the PT.
We can assume the King is magnitude stronger than Uvo so even in Zetsu I don't think he would have a problem.

Yeah, that's what I said...I said that I think zetsu only applies while they're restrained by the chain and the King would presumably be able to break it easily through his physical strength

Mael

Yeah, that's what I said...I said that I think zetsu only applies while they're restrained by the chain and the King would presumably be able to break it easily through his physical strength

I thought you were talking about the new needle chain nen shown recently that steal nen and can put people in zetsu state.
Oh and now you can also transfer it to other people! Even non nen users! That is some incredible stuff with deep ramification

Lulubop

We're talking about different things, jail chain is only usable on spiders anyway.

Even if steal chain could force the King into Zetsu he still has insane natural durability. Would probably need Gon San for the killing blow.

I thought you were talking about the new needle chain nen shown recently that steal nen and can put people in zetsu state.
Oh and now you can also transfer it to other people! Even non nen users! That is some incredible stuff with deep ramification

We're talking about different things, jail chain is only usable on spiders anyway.

Even if steal chain could force the King into Zetsu he still has insane natural durability. Would probably need Gon San for the killing blow.

Yeah, I got confused.

Anyway, I think Kurapica's new chain works similarly to Knuckle's potclean. It only puts the person into zetsu after a certain amount of nen has been drained. So for someone like the King it would probably be useless as it'd take forever. Also where does the nen go? Into Kurapica? It's possible he has to be able to contain all of it

HStallion

Yeah, I got confused.

Anyway, I think Kurapica's new chain works similarly to Knuckle's potclean. It only puts the person into zetsu after a certain amount of nen has been drained. So for someone like the King it would probably be useless as it'd take forever. Also where does the nen go? Into Kurapica? It's possible he has to be able to contain all of it

Doesn't he fill a syringe with Nen?

Mael

Correct, it's just that amount of nen extracted is usually enough to leave someone defenseless.
Although how would it work with someone with multiple abilities?
Does it only take 1 skill that Dolphin choose?
Is the Dolphin taking the 'root' of nen and as such ALL abilities are taken and Kurapika can only use 1?
If it works like with Leol/Hagya it's only borrowing 1 ability (although I'd guess that ant never cared about the state of the person whose nen was stolen)
So many questions!

Yeah, but is that syringe's capacity independent of the nen user, kind of like how potclean/hakoware can handle an amount of nen far exceeding Knuckle's capacity?
Does the time it take to fill the syringe depend on the nen being stolen? The victim's nen capacity?
Does it have to be filled a certain amount for them to go into zetsu?

So many unknowns!

Mael

Yeah, but is that syringe's capacity independent of the nen user, kind of like how potclean/hakoware can handle an amount of nen far exceeding Knuckle's capacity?
Does the time it take to fill the syringe depend on the nen being stolen? The victim's nen capacity?
Does it have to be filled a certain amount for them to go into zetsu?

So many unknowns!

Reread the 1st chapter of the current run, the zetsu state is if Kurapika keeps stealing enough nen.
It's not automatic.
I'm fairly certain the liquid in the syringe is just there for rule of cool and kind of a representation of the nen extracted (after all it's injected when Kurapika wants to 'equip' the stolen ability).

Reread the 1st chapter of the current run, the zetsu state is if Kurapika keeps stealing enough nen.
It's not automatic.
I'm fairly certain the liquid in the syringe is just there for rule of cool and kind of a representation of the nen extracted (after all it's injected when Kurapika wants to 'equip' the stolen ability).

My question is HOW MUCH is enough and if it's dependent on the person being stolen from or their ability(ies)

Mael

My question is HOW MUCH is enough and if it's dependent on the person being stolen from or their ability(ies)

It's hinted to be dependent on the amount of aura the struck person has.
We don't know how it works with someone who has multiple skills and someone whose skills is incompatible with kurapika (like yupi for example)

Daingurse

Main, the Steal Chain is so incredibly deadly to Kurapika. Like he said, if he gets an ability that he can't fulfill the conditions for, then he's completely fucked :(

Leorio is really Kurapika's only hope at this point, because I'm seeing way too many death flags. Leorio has an opportunity to really shine once they reach the DC.

Pretty insane drawback considering the situation he's in atm. He would have to maintain emperor time for a while given the current plan.

It just makes me think from when he fought Uvo, how much lifespan did he actually lose.

Also I really, really don't want to see some Nanika bullshit for this. If there was a way to revert it, maybe use steal chain on an ability that increases your lifespan? To the point where it's a net positive during emperor time.

Top Bottom