• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter has missed a full year of publication for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvaPot

That is right, the Hunter x Hunter manga did not had a single new chapter released in 2015, first time it has happened since its debut.

Its not the longest hiatus ever, we still have 16 weeks to go for that, but still its hard to endure the wait.

Check this link to see graphs about it.

Hiatus x Hiatus indeed. At least the first anime season is on Hulu now.

Fbh

Man... the last time I read a new chapter of Hunter x Hunter I was still in college and living in another country....

SalvaPot

Was the last issue before his newest bout of back pain the one where the "world" is tiny?

Yep, he started that arc with a lot of wordy introductions, setting up our main villains for the arc and getting Leorio and Kurapica back in the main plot. Also a lot of Ging vs Pariston goodness. The arc shows so much promise and sadly we won't ever see it finished until 10 years from now.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
HxH has gone more than a year without issues before and has gone an entire calendar year without issues too. This is just the first time it's gone an entire publication year, which is more of a technicality than anything.

And 2013's two issues (actually calendar 2012) were just movie tie ins at that.

But the point stands. We're getting really close to the longest hiatus overall, with no ending in sight.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
DQX killed this manga - no need for him to ever stop playing.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
78146-Jesse-Pinkman-he-cant-keep-get-MlXe.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This is why I refuse to read or watch it.

I've been down this road before. I'll just get burned. YOU OFFER SO MUCH AND THEN YOU JUST LEAVE! WAS IT ALL A GAME TO YOU?

SalvaPot

I've been down this road before. I'll just get burned. YOU OFFER SO MUCH AND THEN YOU JUST LEAVE! WAS IT ALL A GAME TO YOU?

Watch the anime, it has a satisfying ending that ties in the most important plotlines and its extremely loyal to the manga. Right now the manga is pretty much a sequel to itself, a pretty damn promising one at that, but at least you will get some closure if you watch it.

Moaradin

Yeah.. the 2011 anime ends at a point where I'd be satisfied if there was never any more Hunter x Hunter again. Obviously I want more of it, but the ending of the anime has a decent amount of closure even if it has some loose ends.

Numb

Yeah.. the 2011 anime ends at a point where I'd be satisfied if there was never any more Hunter x Hunter again. Obviously I want more of it, but the ending of the anime has a decent amount of closure even if it has some loose ends.

The problem with the manga is what it was setting up(Alot. For real tho it was alot)
If it took a break in the middle of some weak stuff then the wait would have been easier.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The manga was heading into such a cool direction too. I want to know what happens, damn it!

I am at the Heavens Arena arc in the manga because I keep hearing how good it is and how great Nen is as a power (though I'v yet to actually get to the point where people have used it or at least explained it). And I'm not sure I want to continue because I can stop now without getting invested.

I can't take another Berserk where I'm 100% certain the Mangaka will die before he finishes it.

At least with Berserk when Miura stop's playing Idolmaster, he cranks out chapters like he never stopped. But I can't take no more decade long haitus's.

rrc1594

I got into Berserk super late so it doesn't really effect me, but HxH hurst a lot. I mean Yoshihiro Togashi is the GOAT. Is he sick or something?

SalvaPot

I am at the Heavens Arena arc in the manga because I keep hearing how good it is and how great Nen is as a power (though I'v yet to actually get to the point where people have used it or at least explained it). And I'm not sure I want to continue because I can stop now without getting invested.

I can't take another Berserk where I'm 100% certain the Mangaka will die before he finishes it.

At least with Berserk when Miura stop's playing Idolmaster, he cranks out chapters like he never stopped. But I can't take no more decade long haitus's.

Keep reading, as said before there is a satisfying payoff, the current situation right now for readers is "we want more", not "please end it already"

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks

You're close to one of the best arcs ever (York New), so please don't stop reading.

Marow

I hope his back gets better. He had a surgery or something, right? Wish creators were more outspoken about their circumstances.

Zaptruder

Banned
Togashi should've stopped before this new arc.

He basically expanded the world ten fold... and we're now in the preamble phase, and he's probably only able to do 1/10th of the work, if that.

Like what the hell man? If you're dying, just draw it to a close, hand it off. Don't start something and pike 10% of the way into it.

To any new readers - when you see Ginn and Gon standing on top of a tree, treat that like the last arc and be satisfied. Getting drawn into the BS of waiting years between additional chapters is... the frustration of modern manga.

The new anime kind of ends. Haven't read the manga, but very happy i found the new anime when i learned of the series (though the first episode almost threw me off watching the series all together). But you can watch that and get a somewhat conclusive ending. It's also very much worth it. The series is Amazing.

Togashi should've stopped before this new arc.

He basically expanded the world ten fold... and we're now in the preamble phase, and he's probably only able to do 1/10th of the work, if that.

Like what the hell man? If you're dying, just draw it to a close, hand it off. Don't start something and pike 10% of the way into it.

To any new readers - when you see Ginn and Gon standing on top of a tree, treat that like the last arc and be satisfied. Getting drawn into the BS of waiting years between additional chapters is... the frustration of modern manga.

I started reading Berserk when I was 13 years old. They got on the boat when I was 18

I'm 25 now. They JUST got off the boat.

This is a pain I know all too well.

Numb

At some point you just go numb and barely feel the void anymore.

More acceptance.
Berserk is my fav shit and they were on the boat before i even started the damn thing.
Other than rereading it you got nohing and just accept and move on.

Chariot

I still can't get over the shitty ant arc. This manga was so good until then.
Amt arc is pretty amazing actually. I used to hate it too, but I was reading by release and in the cluttered releases over years a lot of build up was lost on me. I recently rewatched the arc in the anime as a unit and it was so much better than I had remembered.

More acceptance.
Berserk is my fav shit and they were on the boat before i even started the damn thing.
Other than rereading it you got nohing and just accept and move on.
I barely understood what was going on in the last chapters. I only can remember three people and two of them are nowhere to be seen.

eoHoB8I.jpg

I wish Berserk fans would stop this whole attitude of "Berserk will never get finished." It's starting to get a little bit annoying. Yes, I know Miura takes a lot of breaks and it's been going for decades, but try to look at the bigger picture. We're well passed the halfway point of the story and Miura is 49, he's still got a good 20 years to finish it off. I guess it's easy for me to be positive since I only got into Berserk this year, but guys - a little more positivity about the future wouldn't kill ya. You will get to see the end!

Numb

Amt arc is pretty amazing actually. I used to hate it too, but I was reading by release and in the cluttered releases over years a lot of build up was lost on me. I recently rewatched the arc in the anime as a unit and it was so much better than I had remembered.

I barely understood what was going on in the last chapters. I only can remember three people and two of them are nowhere to be seen.

If you forget even 1 chapter then it is time to reread the whole thing again.
Only thing you'll get anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom