• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter has missed a full year of publication for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastmower

Eeeehhhh. I was SUPER into the 2011 anime just a few months ago, burning through it on Netflix and ignoring my friends' comments about how it got bad later on because it was just so good before that I couldn't believe it could possibly get bad enough to drop it.

Stopped at the episode where Rabbit Guy learned to use Nen because he was really mad. Chimera Ant arc is fucking traaaaaaaaaaaaaaash.
You missed one of the best arcs in all of anime. I say continue watching.

Fandangox

bb435733159f4040f1c68c79f9dc7e8e.jpg

Anytime now.

aaaaanytime now.

Eeeehhhh. I was SUPER into the 2011 anime just a few months ago, burning through it on Netflix and ignoring my friends' comments about how it got bad later on because it was just so good before that I couldn't believe it could possibly get bad enough to drop it.

Stopped at the episode where Rabbit Guy learned to use Nen because he was really mad. Chimera Ant arc is fucking traaaaaaaaaaaaaaash.

what

the ending of the Chimera Ant arc is the best part of HxH.

The best part of HxH is when (Chariman Arc Spoilers)
Leorio punches the daylights out of Gin, I mean, Gin let it happen, but it was still awesome.

That part was amazing but
the last game between the King & Komugi is one of my favorite moments of any manga/anime of all time.

Kreed

I really want to know more about this boat business.

Back in 2007-8 the main cast of Berserk got onto a boat to go to Elf Island. They finally got to Elf Island with the latest chapter release. I remember back in one of the original Manga community threads joking about when the following events would finally occur:

1) Luffy getting to Fishman Island
2) The Chimera arc ending in Hunter X Hunter
3) Ippo reaching the World Stage
4) Guts reaching Elf Island

At the time I never expected Berserk to reach it's goal.

Fularu

Banned
Chimera Ants feels bad for some people because it had tons of breaks.

Read it in a sitting or two and it's just as good as Green Island

Chariot

Chimera Ants feels bad for some people because it had tons of breaks.

Read it in a sitting or two and it's just as good as Green Island
I say it's better. Definitely up there with Yorkshin. But I agree, happened to me. Used to think Ant Arc was a mess for years, but after rewatching it in one piece with the new anime, I look much much founder on it.

Usobuko

Banned
There's plenty of good manga to tide one over.

For instance, fans of Dungeon n Dragons might be interested in this food's connoisseur manga. Helps that it has a great sense of humour to aid its rather intriguing premise.

Dungeon Meshi / Delicious in Dungeon

... And I still would give the nod to HxH over Berserk in the consistency department. Because Berserk since volume 25 is much less interesting (the exception is Ganishka-god, that was cool). It's like if Miura has lost the ability of introducing interesting themes and good character development.

Daingurse

Best HxH arc and one of the best Shonen arcs of all time.

Edit: and Rammot didn't learn Nen from "getting mad". He got it from taking an aura attack and surviving, which opens your nen pores. That was explained in the Heaven's Arena Arc.

Anyway, yeah I haven't really been thinking about it much, but yeah this has been pretty brutal. The setup for the Dark Continent arc was soooo good too, bah . . . It's no matter I'll wait. Get well Togashi.

... And I still would give the nod to HxH over Berserk in the consistency department. Because Berserk since volume 25 is much less interesting (the exception is Ganishka-god, that was cool). It's like if Miura has lost the ability of introducing interesting themes and good character development.

What? Volumes 26 and 27
(the appearance of Slan, the Berserker Armor and the introduction of Ganishka)
are two of the strongest volumes!

EDIT: I've also heard volume 34 is God tier.

squall23

Wow, this thread has taught me about some really bad hiatuses. What popular series has the most time between chapters?
DN Angel was popular. Although it's constant hiatuses probably caused it's popularity to go down the drain. For God's sake, the last chapter was out in 2011.

Worst part is that the current hiatus is because the author's apparently bored of it which friggin' sucks. Actually, now that I think about it, from what I remember she actually has quite a few manga that she's put on hold just to start something new.

Moaradin

Isn't Oda required to take breaks every once in a while? I heard he goes to the hospital a lot from overwork.

What? Volumes 26 and 27
(the appearance of Slan, the Berserker Armor and the introduction of Ganishka)
are two of the strongest volumes!

EDIT: I've also heard volume 34 is God tier.

that entire volume is orgasmic.

Mengetsu

I see a bunch of DQ jokes going around is this really part of the reason? Is he sick still? When was the last update he gave about continuing the manga?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
DN Angel was popular. Although it's constant hiatuses probably caused it's popularity to go down the drain. For God's sake, the last chapter was out in 2011.

Worst part is that the current hiatus is because the author's apparently bored of it which friggin' sucks. Actually, now that I think about it, from what I remember she actually has quite a few manga that she's put on hold just to start something new.

That's kinda shitty. I mean, it's their art so I suppose they don't really have an obligation if they're done with it. But that's a shitty way to treat your fans who help fund your livelihood.

Daingurse

I see a bunch of DQ jokes going around is this really part of the reason? Is he sick still? When was the last update he gave about continuing the manga?

Pretty sure Togashi deals with chronic pain from a back issue. Think he had surgery either at the beginning of this year or last year.

Skittles

Didn't know that, that's fantastic. Dude has worked far too hard for too long, unhealthily so.
I've no idea why other manga artists don't follow oda's work schedule. There's probably countless artists who burned themselves out because of the ridiculous work schedule.

Araki and oda are the only two manga artists i can trust to be consistent haha

LogicStep

I watched the anime and then read what comes after. This is one amazing series and I don't get the hate for chimera arc. I thought it was great, maybe a little slow at parts but not everything has to be all in your face. And the payoff is incredible. The setup for the new arc looks to be amazing. I hope we get to see the rest one day. Togashi should just have it animated with him as director.

Marow

Pretty sure Togashi deals with chronic pain from a back issue. Think he had surgery either at the beginning of this year or last year.
Yeah: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-hiatus-continues-until-further-notice/.78384

While it doesn't specify the back (I'm pretty sure I remember hearing about some sort of surgery, though), that's one of the things that's been known for ages. I mean, he even had issues with it back when he published Yu Yu Hakusho. It's noted in one of the earlier volumes, even, and that's 20 years ago.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I've no idea why other manga artists don't follow oda's work schedule. There's probably countless artists who burned themselves out because of the ridiculous work schedule.

Um, oda probably has the most ridiculous schedule. He sleeps like 3 hours a night.

Dark_castle

I watched the anime and then read what comes after. This is one amazing series and I don't get the hate for chimera arc. I thought it was great, maybe a little slow at parts but not everything has to be all in your face. And the payoff is incredible. The setup for the new arc looks to be amazing. I hope we get to see the rest one day. Togashi should just have it animated with him as director.
Simple. People who don't appreciate the greatness of the Chimera Ant arc suck at life. :p

Now to be fair, it certainly had some pacing issues around the early and middle sections, but as you said the payoff was crazy good and satisfying. So much feels at the conclusion of the arc man. Episode 131 was godlike.

Nightbird

Mashima is easily the most ridicilous Artist out there in terms of output. He sometimes produces two weeks worth of content in one week.

If he could just go back to the writing quality of Rave Master he would be rivaling Oda in how much i like him.

just to get a sense of things

Toriko a series that began serialization in 2008 has just caught up on the number of chapters HXH has as a whole (349 Chapters)

Mind you HXH began serialization in 1998
So basically 10 years in total...... 10 years of missing chapters

Mael

Funny people talking about Berserk, Bastard!!, X/1999 in this thread....
Berserk reached the Apocalypse moment (them reaching the Elfland is one of the signs of the End of times clearly)
Bastard!! is fucking shite so I don't care anymore.
X/1999.....ahahahhahahahahaahahahahahahahahahah
I'm still waiting for Nana. It's still coming right?

Skittles

Um, oda probably has the most ridiculous schedule. He sleeps like 3 hours a night.
Jesus, I didn't think it was that ridiculous. My post was in reference to just in general working days. Working for 3 weeks and then taking a week off would do a lot of people good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom