• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter has missed a full year of publication for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuck

Thankfully, the anime ended in a good spot. As far as I'm concerned, the series is done.

I would love more though. Wish the author would just write the story and let someone else draw, or just skip the manga altogether and continue the anime (though that probably wouldn't work financially)

Nightbird

just to get a sense of things

Toriko a series that began serialization in 2008 has just caught up on the number of chapters HXH has as a whole (349 Chapters)

Mind you HXH began serialization in 1998
So basically 10 years in total...... 10 years of missing chapters

Holy Shit...

thats gonna end up killing him early. way early.

drawing more than 60 hours a week will kill you.

This is why he takes forced brakes now

Sesha

You'll come crawling back when this happens:

EHdSprU.jpg

Except that'll never happen. Not like that, anyway.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
eoHoB8I.jpg

I wish Berserk fans would stop this whole attitude of "Berserk will never get finished." It's starting to get a little bit annoying. Yes, I know Miura takes a lot of breaks and it's been going for decades, but try to look at the bigger picture. We're well passed the halfway point of the story and Miura is 49, he's still got a good 20 years to finish it off. I guess it's easy for me to be positive since I only got into Berserk this year, but guys - a little more positivity about the future wouldn't kill ya. You will get to see the end!

Same. I read it last year aswell, was addicted haha

I still hold out hope that the manga will resume. I'm glad at least that the anime ended when it did instead of churning out bad filler.

Kain

If he's bored with HxH he can always change the focus to Hisoka and give us the adventures of the fabulous bastard.

Negator

This makes me incredibly sad. I watched the anime TWICE and I just want more of it. Is that so much to ask? ;_;

Jigolo

343_-_Kurapika_Scarlet_Eyes.png

Togashi can draw pretty good when he wants to

It's a god damn shame he hasn't continued. There are so many open opportunities for him to write and draw about, characters to explore, areas that are NOT The Dark Continent that we have yet to see. GIVE ME CHROLLO VS HISOKA

ThankfulFatCranefly.gif

Chariot

Just give me a Slife of Life spin-off with the Zaoldyeks. Their version of Married with Children would be all kinds of amazing.

faridmon

Honestly guys (and gals!), its easier just to think of the series as one that have ended Once Gon met his dad.

Its the completion of the main saga and its better for you hearts and soul.

Dram

So how do these mangakas who take such long breaks make money? Do their manga sell well enough that they don't have to worry about it?

Daingurse

Honestly guys (and gals!), its easier just to think of the series as one that have ended Once Gon met his dad.

Its the completion of the main saga and its better for you hearts and soul.

It really isn't, not after reading the the Dark Continent setup. I'm no longer content with that lol.

Frog-fu

Banned
Meanwhile, Oda has been cranking it out strong since 1997.

tumblr_inline_nklix6MMqU1rq2vci.png

One Piece has been declining in terms of quality since the timeskip though, imo. Fishermen Island was shite. Punk Hazard started out cool and finished shite. Dressrosa went on too long and really wasn't that exciting. I haven't felt like SHP are a real crew since pre-TS. Now they just get split up for extended periods at the beginning of every arc.

My top three arcs are still, by far, Alabasta, Water 7 and Thriller Bark.

I feel like it's not Oda working anymore, just lots of his clones.

Too bad the last 3 arcs were really bad IMO.

I agree the New World is disappointing (particularly the world itself and its environment)

maybe because of other series raising the bar more or what but Oda disappointed me so far with it

Feels like East Blue with more powerful people
maybe Kaido may kick things up a notch

It's a god damn shame he hasn't continued. There are so many open opportunities for him to write and draw about, characters to explore, areas that are NOT The Dark Continent that we have yet to see. GIVE ME CHROLLO VS HISOKA

ThankfulFatCranefly.gif

Oh man, I hope he never does that. A goal that will never be reached because of what happened is amazing. It's just going to feel very "me too" if they ever run into an exorcist and he's healed. I hate when stories go in a typical route and I always thought for sure that fight would occur so when I found out it wasn't possible anymore I was amazed. If Chrollo shows back up and can use his abilities I'm going to be sad.

So how do these mangakas who take such long breaks make money? Do their manga sell well enough that they don't have to worry about it?

Not sure about Berserk but HXH does sell pretty well in Japan. I remember some of the Volumes actually selling extremely well in 2012/2013. His wife is also the creator of Sailor Moon.

Oh man, I hope he never does that. A goal that will never be reached because of what happened is amazing. It's just going to feel very "me too" if they ever run into an exorcist and he's healed. I hate when stories go in a typical route and I always thought for sure that fight would occur so when I found out it wasn't possible anymore I was amazed. If Chrollo shows back up and can use his abilities I'm going to be sad.
Man, I respectfully disagree. I'd love to see what crazy shit Chrollo would have to pull out of his book to fight Hisoka.

343_-_Kurapika_Scarlet_Eyes.png

Togashi can draw pretty good when he wants to

It's a god damn shame he hasn't continued. There are so many open opportunities for him to write and draw about, characters to explore, areas that are NOT The Dark Continent that we have yet to see. GIVE ME CHROLLO VS HISOKA[/IMG]

Was under the impression that he started using assistants after the election nonsense ended, since the art style changed so much and the manga started having, yknow, backgrounds and stuff.

You'll come crawling back when this happens:

EHdSprU.jpg

if anyone who has read berserk expects that to ever happen outside of a dream...they haven't been paying attention.

Fandangox

A Chrollo fight was definitely gonna happen, they were building it up since the Greed Island Arc. Maybe not with Hisoka, but I always felt Chrollo was eventually going to get his powers back.

Is the anime worth marathoning?

It's very long, like 140+ episodes I think, so I'd pace it out a bit more.

Boogiepop

I mean, it sucks, but at the same time I can never agree with straight up hating on the creators for this sort of stuff because the workloads of mangaka are absolutely insane. Like, to the degree that I legit don't know how the Fairy Tail guy is managing to pump out extra stuff like he apparently does.

Also, aren't at least CLAMP's older issues with this more a result of troubles with magazines/cancellations rather than them dropping a series? Like, wasn't the problem with X/1999 the whole earthquake focus at a time where such a thing was kind of unsavory due to real world events, or something like that? Haven't read up on why more recent stuff like Gate 7 stopped, though...

Edit: Though I am convinced that poor DNAngel just died and is never coming back, which is kind of disappointing. And I really liked the Dressrosa arc in One Piece and felt it was a great return to form :/. Then again, I felt like Skypiea was the best arc, so I guess my opinions aren't exactly the norm...

Kolx

I watched the anime only. Even tho I find the ending of the anime somehow satisfying, I still want the new arc. It looks like it has so many potential.

If only it was good.

lol. Water 7 alone fucks over everything in HxH.

That gon
transformation
for example is one of the most stupid events i've ever seen on a Shonen, and when he
started hitting Pitou with the severed arm?
I mean how can you not laugh at that shit? Not even Bleach goes that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom