• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter has missed a full year of publication for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesha

You guys should try being a fan of Bastard!!.

We're going on around 4-5 years now without a single chapter.

I got into Berserk super late so it doesn't really effect me, but HxH hurst a lot. I mean Yoshihiro Togashi is the GOAT. Is he sick or something?

GOAT of what? The dude draws like shit. I'll give you he is a great writer, but there's only 1 mangaka who's the real GOAT and has saved Jump from falling into irrelevancy for the last 10+ years.

Kettch

This reminded me to check on Highschool of the Dead. Looks like it's coming up on 3 years of hiatus, and that chapter broke a 2 year hiatus. Guess it's probably done for good.

Sesha

Hey, I am still waiting for X/1999 to conclude. Some day.

I see that began in 1992. Bastard!! began publication in '88. It's older than Berserk. :(

I think Bastard!! has about 5 chapters the past ten years, IIRC.

At least Clamp does other stuff, though.

Tizoc

I'm not saying Miura is gonna die.

I'm saying it's likely he'll die before he finishes Berserk, because it's gonna be a LONG ASS TIME before he ever finishes it.

That is you saying he's gonna die.
Stop saying people will die so casually like that, it's disgusting.

Chariot

GOAT of what? The dude draws like shit. I'll give you he is a great writer, but there's only 1 mangaka who's the real GOAT and has saved Jump from falling into irrelevancy for the last 10+ years.
True that. Then again, why not going the Death Note route and give him a skilled mangaka who can draw and let him just do aketches and story?

Nothing Clamp makes will ever really be properly concluded.
);
Seeing where Tsubasa went, I should maybe be glad that X stopped at some point.

I see that began in 1992. Bastard!! began publication in '88. It's older than Berserk. :(
Being a manga fan is suffering.

zlcDds1.png
Never fails to make me laugh seeing kishi rubbing his face on goda clothes

That is you saying he's gonna die.
Stop saying people will die so casually like that, it's disgusting.

Contextual reading comprehension is important.

"He's going to die because it's gonna take 30 years to finish this" is not me saying he's going to just drop fucking dead one day. I'm saying that because it'll take 30 years and at that point, if he can even still draw, he'll be 70 years old.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This is the price we pay for quality. Not everybody can be a machine like Oda. Also, I'm sure health issues holding back your creativity is frustrating for the creator as well as the fans.

Berserk has always required a patience. Hunter x Hunter, I just have a hard time imagining that one getting back on a steady release schedule.

I was pretty pissy about Hawkeye's schedule, and that was even as bad stuff like Planetary or The Ultimates. But Hunter x Hunter puts that to shame, definitely. Loyal fans.

Yonafunu

Togashi is a damn good artist when he puts in the work.

Chariot

Oda's pacing is to slow for me OP might as well be on hiatus for me since I only read it after every arc
Try Fairy Tail. Dude is sometimes randomly putting out multiple chapters at once and is involved with a number of spin-offs that run parallel to the manga.

rrc1594

Try Fairy Tail. Dude is sometimes randomly putting out multiple chapters at once and is involved with a number of spin-offs that run parallel to the manga.

Yeah I know, FT has it's issues but Hiro's work effort is not one of them

Rootbeer

Banned
Man this year has been FLYING.

I know it's been skipping a lot of weeks this year but I didn't know it had been that long already...

Qvoth

togashi is sick? i thought that was the reason for the previous hiatus and now's he's ok?
either way not expecting to return in a few more years

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, I am still waiting for X/1999 to conclude. Some day.

Same hereee.

Other comics I'm waiting for include Beet The Vandel Buster (which is not really that good but the Dai No Daibouken nostalgia clouds me) and NANA. Both mangakas got sick and never returned. At least we still hear from Ai Yazawa every now and then but not the guy that draws Beet.

In all honesty, the manga should have finished after the last arc.

At this point I doubt the mangaka wants to be burdened by the weekly schedule of drawing chapters. He has enough money to live comfortably. The illness stuff is all just an excuse.

Betty

Banned
I really want it to continue just for the Anime alone, sure it ends on a satisfying point, but the potential going forward is enormously exciting.

Zaptruder

Banned
eoHoB8I.jpg

I wish Berserk fans would stop this whole attitude of "Berserk will never get finished." It's starting to get a little bit annoying. Yes, I know Miura takes a lot of breaks and it's been going for decades, but try to look at the bigger picture. We're well passed the halfway point of the story and Miura is 49, he's still got a good 20 years to finish it off. I guess it's easy for me to be positive since I only got into Berserk this year, but guys - a little more positivity about the future wouldn't kill ya. You will get to see the end!

Miura is dead to me. Guts and co sank on the boat.

[Fugo]

A year where Berserk is having more chapters than HxH is a new low.

Why do I keep loving work from these kind of authors?

For the record I also like Bastard!! and Guyver. Those have been off the radar for ages too (unless it's just the scanlations not moving?)

kewlmyc

Gon accomplished what he set out to do, so I consider the series over at this point. It's probably for the best.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Wow, this thread has taught me about some really bad hiatuses. What popular series has the most time between chapters?

Sami+

Eeeehhhh. I was SUPER into the 2011 anime just a few months ago, burning through it on Netflix and ignoring my friends' comments about how it got bad later on because it was just so good before that I couldn't believe it could possibly get bad enough to drop it.

Stopped at the episode where Rabbit Guy learned to use Nen because he was really mad. Chimera Ant arc is fucking traaaaaaaaaaaaaaash.

Eeeehhhh. I was SUPER into the 2011 anime just a few months ago, burning through it on Netflix and ignoring my friends' comments about how it got bad later on because it was just so good before that I couldn't believe it could possibly get bad enough to drop it.

Stopped at the episode where Rabbit Guy learned to use Nen because he was really mad. Chimera Ant arc is fucking traaaaaaaaaaaaaaash.

It has its moments later, but Greed Island is the high point of the series, yes.

Volleyball match in the '99 anime is my favourite thing

Gon accomplished what he set out to do, so I consider the series over at this point. It's probably for the best.

don't you want to see him grow up into mangon

Mendrox

It has its moments later, but Greed Island is the high point of the series, yes.

Volleyball match in the '99 anime is my favourite thing

don't you want to see him grow up into mangon

C'mon the OVAs back then were trashed compared to the style before that... Soundtrack also died like a bitch and the OVAs were just bad. Only redeeming thing were the openings.

Chimera Ant Arc is just a bit too long, but this arc also has to be split in three parts imo.

C'mon the OVAs back then were trashed compared to the style before that... Soundtrack also died like a bitch and the OVAs were just bad. Only redeeming thing were the openings.

Chimera Ant Arc is just a bit too long, but this arc also has to be split in three parts imo.

Only thing handled better in 2011 imo was the Kastro fight (in that they showed it).

I much prefer Gon & Killua as they were in 99

Fularu

Banned
I disagree that we can consider the series concluded with Jin and Gon on top of the "worlds tree". Too many loose ends remain (Hisoka, Kirupika, The Deadly Spiders and their leader, Jin's motives not to mention the whole continent just opened)

But I'm willing to wait for it.

I guess you can say this series has Gon with the wind, and I Pitou the fool who thinks they aren't going to Killua the publication due to low commitment

Kusagari

Chimera Ant is not only the highlight of HxH but one of the highlights of the entire shonen genre, bub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom