• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter X Hunter Manga to go on a break!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

massoluk

Banned
http://kotaku.com/report-hunter-x-hunter-is-going-on-hiatus-again-1782872073

http://buzz-plus.com/article/2016/06/30/xhunter-x-hunter-kyusai/

Hunter x Hunter manga artist Yoshihiro Togashi, who is well-known for taking breaks, is going back on, you guess it, a break.

Togashi’s longest Hunter x Hunter publication streak is 30 issues, while his longest hiatus is 80 issues. The manga returned to print earlier this year, but, as Buzz Plus now reports, the upcoming issue of Weekly Shonen Jump will announce that Hunter x Hunter is once again going on hiatus. Apparently, there is no fixed date as to when it will return.

SHOCK

Quonny

I mean, could he not just hand the series off to someone he trusts and oversee the project? Or is that not something that is done.

Rektash

Kinda a weird outlook to have considering all the comments he made lately about his situation.

You know, when you haven't been able to work in a certain field for years and years you look for something else to do. Togashi clearly can't do this anymore.

All he does is give his fanbase this false hope that someday HxH will continue properly. He just doesn't let people off the hook.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I hope this is a shorter break since the recent comments make it sound like he's getting better.

Also, his wife does help him. The art style lately is similar to Sailor Moon in certain spots.

I ain't even mad no more. as a fan of both HXH and Berserk, hiatus is already a part of life. and how fitting too, as one manga finally gets off the boat, the other starts it's boat journey.

Rpgmonkey

Welp.

At least it was a pretty good run if it takes a while to come back, one good fight and reasonable progress into the arc.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
[Fugo];208760121 said:
:( :( :(

can you expand on that please?

Every issue of Jump comes with comments from the various authors.
Most of Togashi's comments have been about how crazy sick he is. Like how he can't sleep because he was in so much pain, one night he was reduced to crawling to the bathroom only to have to be taken to the hospital, and really it sounds like he went through Hell. The comments kind of sound like revenge for everyone making Dragon Quest jokes.

The recent comments sounded more uplifting, about how he was losing weight and getting a lot of help.

That's why I hope the break is much shorter than usual.

[Fugo]

Most of Togashi's comments have been about how crazy sick he is. Like how he can't sleep because he was in so much pain, one night he was reduced to crawling to the bathroom only to have to be taken to the hospital, and really it sounds like he went through Hell. The comments kind of sound like revenge for everyone making Dragon Quest jokes.

The recent comments sounded more uplifting, about how he was losing weight and getting a lot of help.

Damn. Is it known what syndrome does he suffer from?

Madao

i guess his Dragon Quest backlog got big and he doesn't want any of that once DQXI is around the corner.

edit: on a serious note, i hope the guy gets better. it's never a good idea to work yourself to death so if he has to stop to heal, all the better.

massoluk

Banned

Oh god, that is horrific

Tuck

Hiatus x Hiatus

Oh jeez, is it really that bad? I knew he had some health problems. Didn't know they were that severe.

Just when we get off one Hiatus boat in Berserk, he just get back onto another with HxH. Hopefully this sea faring adventure won't take forever and a year.

Zaptruder

Banned
Jesus Togashi. Retire and look after yourself.

Shoulda called it quits before this new arc.

If it must continue, pass the notes off to someone else and let them give it a shot.

At this rate, author is going to die in the middle of an arc or something like that.

Like the guy is married to the sailor moon mangaka. He should be minted. I guess that's why he can afford to continue taking so many breaks, even if it is for health reasons.

Tsunamo

At least he's not getting on a boat. Or is he?
If you're talking about the main characters it actually has gone on break not long after they got on a boat/ship to get to the Dark Continent :lol

Silly Dragon Quest jokes aside i'm glad to hear that his health is getting a little better. The guy is a fantastic mangaka with great writing and if his health gets that bad it's no wonder he only does about 10 new chapters then goes on a long break.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I mean, could he not just hand the series off to someone he trusts and oversee the project? Or is that not something that is done.

Manga series don't get handed off. They.. just don't.

Lulubop

To think I barely started highschool when Gon boarded that ship to Hunter exam.

If it must continue, pass the notes off to someone else and let them give it a shot.

At this rate, author is going to die in the middle of an arc or something like that.

Like the guy is married to the sailor moon mangaka. He should be minted. I guess that's why he can afford to continue taking so many breaks, even if it is for health reasons.

This arc and set up have been amazing so far. I'll wait

vypek

He does use assistants and the series has looked fine

I think the series for the most part looks fine but I can never forget how the manga looked when I started the Chimera Ant arc. There were a lot of bad looking pages in there. He must have not been feeling well for some parts there.

If he had to do that I wouldn't mind it being given to the Tokyo Ghoul guy, his Hisoka Origin one shot felt exactly like Togashi.

Marow

9A3THaJ.jpg

9KdTiq8.jpg

Dsr99mk.jpg

2EAoHgJ.jpg

And so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom