• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter X Hunter's Hiatus Will Continue For Now, Says Publisher

caliph95

They still wiped out an entire race/clan just to get their eyes technically genocide, Kurapika may have exaggerated a bit but they are not some lovable scamps or some Merry thieves either. One of the best characters but far from good

They still wiped out an entire race/clan just to get their eyes technically genocide, Kurapika may have exaggerated a bit but they are not some lovable scamps or some Merry thieves either. One of the best characters but far from good
But if they were just one dimensional mustache twirling villains they wouldn't be good characters. It works for Dio, but nobody wants a team full of Dio's.

I thought i read the main problem for the huge delays are due to some crazy back pain i could see it being super crippling if all you do is sit hunched over for incredibly.long periods of time

Also i heard his wife might be taking over or something?

Daingurse

Part 4 is best jojos

9cc53d773b11df8bf93737eef1b0757b.gif

The last time I checked out a Hunter X Hunter chapter, the pages looked like sketches. Is that still true?

Nope. I don't know if it was true in the end but there was huge improvement in quality in the last chapters we got that was associated with his wife, the author of sailor moon, helping Togashi with the drawings.

He's delaying the inevitable extinction of the Spiders.

That's been absolutely amazing.
Hisoka
is boss. Also Kurapika really useless af, and considering where they are and who's involved i'm sensing that he's really in danger in this arc.

But we'll never know :(

DNAbro

This is what I hate about the show the most. Poor writing and characterization is touted as depth or nuance.

I'm confused on how Kurapika's perception of the Spiders versus what they are actually like constitutes as poor writing. I could see you having problems with how Kurapika is able to get on their level but not the first part. Kurapika never met them until that arc. All he knows is that they murdered his clan. Other than that it would be all conjecture. Gon even gets pissed off that they aren't like that and actually care about each other.

Kusagari

People were reading this when he was literally drawing scribbles.

I don't know why he won't just let someone else do the art while he focuses on the story.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
I time traveled 10 years into the future, 6 more chapters were released......oh and trump was still president.

Personally, I loved the narrator. Without him we wouldn't have gotten such awesome lines such as:

"When Netero came down from the mountains his fists....were faster than sound..!!"

"In that moment, shorter than a blink of an eye...killua heard gon speak...

Mael

Wait the spiders are poorly written?
Wut?
The genocide has sorta been explained in a way.
Kurapika did some shit in the city of the shooting star, the troupe enacted full vengeance on K's clan. The end.
This is how the city of the shooting star works, we know that the person who enacted the vengeance is dead and passed his power on the Kuroro.
There may be more than meet the eye on the Kuruta clan.
Speculation time, the head of the shooting star's death may be why they didn't just send 1 guy to explode Kuruta's clan like they usually do.
The Troupe has fucked up morals but they're not mustach twirling evil and they're certainly dangerous.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Kurapika literally can't do shit against anyone who isn't the Troupe, if he does,
he dies. Gon used nen to age himself to the point where he would be his strongest,
and it essentially killed him for doing so. These aren't super powers, Gon can never do that again, and Kurapika will continue to do nothing. It's all very limited.
There's a litteral being that's a walking talking deus ex machina with no drawbacks

Mael

There's a litteral being that's a walking talking deus ex machina with no drawbacks

That's also a clingy being from the DC that provide compensation to people she wants to have fun with. It's literally the most dangerous being we've ever seen in HxH so far.
The only character who does not have a "drawback" is Killua because he doesn't mind hanging with his sister all the time. There's a heavy price for the deus ex machina.
Unless you were talking about the author's pet...

SoulUnison

Banned
As someone who just got done watching HxH for the first time, this is 100% not true.

Like all bad narrators in anime, this one vomits exposition, kills pacing, and basically doesn't say anything useful.

He ruined the best fight sequences of the anime. It was painful.

The narrator in the new version anime made me HATE Morel.
There's an episode midway through the Palace Invasion arc thats literally 21 minutes of Morel standing completely still while the narrator roadmaps his internal dialog on wether or not he should -do anything- and, in the end, its a completely moot point anyway. I GROANED. The narrator is a huge crutch in the CA arc, even though its used deftly and effectively a handful of times, and the pacing seemed to somehow get even worse whenever Morel was the highlight of an episode.

Top Bottom