• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter X Hunter's Hiatus Will Continue For Now, Says Publisher

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I really like Part 2. I really like Joseph and the Pillar Men. Part 3 and 4 decided to change the formula so we get a bunch of pointless villain-of-the-weeks. Kira is great in Part 4 and we should have seen more of him and less of the mobs. I also dislike how there's less of a focus on main characters now. The story doesn't revolve and isn't pushed forward by Jotaro and Josuke. Something which was the case with Jonathon and Joseph. Jotaro and Josuke are kinda boring.

You're going to hate everything after part 2

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really like Part 2. I really like Joseph and the Pillar Men. Part 3 and 4 decided to change the formula so we get a bunch of pointless villain-of-the-weeks. Kira is great in Part 4 and we should have seen more of him and less of the mobs. I also dislike how there's less of a focus on main characters now. The story doesn't revolve and isn't pushed forward by Jotaro and Josuke. Something which was the case with Jonathon and Joseph. Jotaro and Josuke are kinda boring.

I feel the same way...about part 1.

Part 2 is TRAAAAAAAAASSSSHHHHH.

Lulubop

Some real shit tho, if someone says JoJo part 2 is the best is it really that crazy? It gets pretty different. I'm not a big JoJo fan tho.

However those HxH comments don't fly, homie.

Mael

It took 10 years for Berserk to get off the boat and it's still as fantastic as it ever was.
HxH is bar none my fav fictional story, it's still getting better and better.
I'd say let's let him take as long as he can.
Bleach and Naruto ended up as massive duds while HxH kept delivering the goods.
the Ant Arch is one of the best arc ever and the following ones while more lowkey are still fucking fantastic.
I'll complain about his schedule when he stops delivering awesome chapters.
and for all the shit Kurapika gets, he killed less spiders than Hisoka. What we saw with the author's pet is easily the final extension of such a ridiculously simple power.
I'm beginning to wonder if the ants really could have dispatched Hisoka in the end...maybe the King?

And where the fuck can I access jojo, it's ridiculously hard to get frankly.

caliph95

Some real shit tho, if someone says JoJo part 2 is the best is it really that crazy? It gets pretty different. I'm not a big JoJo fan tho.

Part 2 is a popular part to be fiar though some of that is because of Joseph

LotusHD

Banned

I don't care if someone prefers that part, but it goes crap after Part 2 when Stands make things varied and more fun is just weird to me.

That being said, Part 5 sucks.

caliph95

There's a part of me that thinks a person has to be a high level otaku to enjoy the later parts of Jojo and Hunter x Hunter.

This. Part 4 and beyond is Araki learning how to better balance the cast so that the Jojo doesn't take over the whole damn show.
Hey Caesar and Stroheim does stuff, Lisa Lisa, Speedwagon and smokey are useless or underused

Lulubop

Well it's very different, and I honestly I don't really care about the stands being varied when they're usually attached to one off villains that just kinda show up or have powers that are too complex for their own good. It's like, ok I know this dude is gonna be offed within the next 3 chapters, do I even care? I'm just not a fan of the formula tho the other stuff is great, my favorite part is 6 because of it. Also has a big bad that kinda shows up more often than previous ones and he's pretty dope.

But honestly if JoJo just continued to be a supernatural HnK, I'd probably like it more.

caliph95

Well it's very different, and I honestly I don't really care abput the stands being very when they're usually attached to one off villains that just kinda show up or have powers that are too complex for their own good. It's like, ok I know this dude is gonna be offed within the next 3 chapters, don't I even care? I'm just not a fan of the formula tho the other stuff is great, my favorite part is 6 because of it. Also has a big bad that kinda shows up more often than previous ones and he's pretty dope.

But honest if JoJo just continued to be a supernatural HnK, I'd probably like it more.
You would probably like 7 and 8

Cwarrior

Damn it I miss world trigger, can't wait for the best squad combat series to come back.

By the way Jojo part 2 is trash, part 1 is more silly fist of the North Star/castlevania

After part 3 araki learnt how to make side characters that do more then stand around unlike part 2 where Joseph is the only character that matters.

Part 4 araki really found his style where Jojo really broke out of being silly fist of the North Star

caliph95

Caesar was a sacrifice, Stroheim...well he helped.
giphy.gif

MKIL65

Caesar was a sacrifice.

You mean plot device.

We really needed that 5 minute crying scene to move the plot forward.

JJBA suffers from this stupid cliche, even in the later parts. It's hard to imagine how this series has gained such a big following... Oh, right, memes.

You mean plot device.

We really needed that 5 minute crying scene to move the plot forward.

JJBA suffers from this stupid cliche, even in the later parts. It's hard to imagine how this series has gained such a big following... Oh, right, memes.
It's fucking hilarious. I actually like it, I don't take the plot as serious as I do with Berserk and Hiatus x Hiatus, but I still enjoy it.

caliph95

Honestly for me besides the characters which are good only 7 and probably 8 is when i can take the story or at least somewhat seriously 7 especially

rackham

Banned
I hope he puts it on hiatus indefinitely and then continues Yu Yu Hakusho even though it ended

but then he will just not finish the new Yu Yu either...

Honestly for me besides the characters which are good only 7 and probably 8 is when i can take the story or at least somewhat seriously 7 especially
Yeah so far some of my favorite highlights story wise are from Part 4. Part 5 has a story, but I like it more for stand hijinks than anything else.
I hope he puts it on hiatus indefinitely and then continues Yu Yu Hakusho even though it ended

but then he will just not finish the new Yu Yu either...
He'll probably just retcon YYH into the young adventures of Ging Freecs.

Nope and the build up for the arc has been fantastic, better than ever.

Agreed. The Ant arc is in the running for GOAT shonen arc. It starts off a bit slow. It's long, you wonder if it has anything to do with the overall plot. Without spoiling that with an answer though, by the time you are through, you have been through one of the greatest arcs the medium of manga has provided

Tsunamo

Ah well, guess I can wait another year again for 10 more chapters.

At least Berserk's back for a bit.

Doesn't make the wait any less painful :(

Agreed. The Ant arc is in the running for GOAT shonen arc. It starts off a bit slow. It's long, you wonder if it has anything to do with the overall plot. Without spoiling that with an answer though, by the time you are through, you have been through one of the greatest arcs the medium of manga has provided
By the time I was done with that arc I was emotionally drained, it was that good.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I don't know, the weekly schedule really is terrible but he could at least release a 20 pages chapter every month
Keep over a year without releasing anything looks too much
Looks like Oda

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'll complain about his schedule when he stops delivering awesome chapters.
and for all the shit Kurapika gets, he killed less spiders than Hisoka. What we saw with the author's pet is easily the final extension of such a ridiculously simple power.
I'm beginning to wonder if the ants really could have dispatched Hisoka in the end...maybe the King?
I'm still confused about how the ant arc ended.
The King seemed just ridiculously OP and vastly outclassed anyone else in the series, and then suddenly all the ants got sick and died. Were the king's retainers right in that the king learning to relate to human emotions was a weakness that made him vulnerable? I still don't understand how all the ants just up and died when they seemed completely unstoppable like a day before in the story.

HStallion

The King seemed just ridiculously OP and vastly outclassed anyone else in the series, and then suddenly all the ants got sick and died. Were the king's retainers right in that the king learning to relate to human emotions was a weakness that made him vulnerable? I still don't understand how all the ants just up and died when they seemed completely unstoppable like a day before in the story.

The King was hit point blank by a nuke. He was healed and made even physically stronger by Youpi and Pouf but he was suffering from a huge amount of radiation poisoning that even his incredible Chimera Ant body couldn't handle. Much the same happened to both Youpi and Pouf as well and even Komugi.

caliph95

They were poisoned by the nuke released by Netero and it's not all the bugs just Meruem and two of the royal guards

LotusHD

Banned

Really? It was pretty clear I thought.

Meurem got poisoned by the bomb from the fight with the chairman, so it was a slow but certain death. The retainers died because they got poisoned too.

Dude
they got nuked and died from radiation poisoning. This isn't DBZ you can't power up through getting your blood cells poisoned.

TheFlow

Banned
Series is good but I am ready for it to end. There are better series with more consistent output of chapters.

Also why are we talking about JO?

Sucks for fans, but after that ant arc I find it hard to give a shit about this series.

At least that election arc kind of gave us an ending, even if a ton of plot threads were left swaying in the wind.
I only watched up until a bit into the Alluka arc. I don't think I'm hard to please, you either need to have a good story(One Piece) or good fights(Bleach, Jojo) for me to be entertained, HxH has neither.

There is so much I could criticize about HxH like the fights being boring apart from
Uvogin vs the Shadow Beasts and Cheetu vs Morel
the rest were boring, too long and in no way complex or unique.
Wacky inflatable golden tube man was not a good fight.
The Nen restrictions is a worse plot device than even the Dragonballs as it just allows you to win anything you want, that ruins characters, arcs and basically the whole series for me.
The Phantom Troupe being pointless pushovers
. The pacing is horrendous in arcs like the Chimera Ant and then you have 'filler' like Greed Island that they got bored in the middle of it and started to play volleyball. There's much more I could go into, but I'll stop.

I do like the characters: Gon, Killua, Hisoka, Meruem etc. (apart from Kurapika) and a few things in the Chimera Ant arc.

No lies detected.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Ah, thanks.
Radiation poisoning actually never crossed my mind.

I probably wasn't paying that close attention, since by that point I was following the series VERY loosely because of all the super sketchy drawings and all the hiatuses. So I only skimmed stuff once or twice a year by then, and each time I came back I had mostly forgotten what happened.
"The narrator's talking...I'll just go to sleep...zzzzzzzzz"
Thanks for being a dick, dude.

Kreed

"Hiatus" in the past has clearly meant he's slowly working on another batch. It'll be ready when it's ready. Relax.

It's going to be great finally having new chapters of Hunter X Hunter around the same time Guts
restores Caska's mind
, Luffy
beats Kaido
, and Ippo
faces the World Champion

HStallion

It's going to be great finally having new chapters of Hunter X Hunter around the same time Guts
restores Caska's mind
, Luffy
beats Kaido
, and Ippo
faces the World Champion

Uhh one of these is probably a lot closer than you expect.

Thanks for being a dick, dude.

The narrator is a vital piece for the story telling of that section of the arc. Not trying to be mean, but if you aren't going to give the Chimera Ant arc your attention, you are going to miss a lot and the impact of the arc will be lost on you

There is so much of a message about humanity in that arc. Spoilers concerning Gon in this arc;

Ray Down

Banned
The narrator is a vital piece for the story telling of that section of the arc. Not trying to be mean, but if you aren't going to give the Chimera Ant arc your attention, you are going to miss a lot and the impact of the arc will be lost on you

Though Togashi admit in an interview he relied on it more than he wanted to.

Though Togashi admit in an interview he relied on it more than he wanted to.

I think the CA arc has a lot of issues and I dislike how a lot of things were handled, but I never really noticed the narration being a problem.

Unless that was different in the newer anime version.

Top Bottom