• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyouka: You Can't Escape |OT| Soft-Boiled Gumshoes with a touch of K-on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lol if Hyouka had a nice boat end it would be the best thing ever.

Branduil

Episode 6

i5cHR6nHmV2fv.jpg

Stop pretending you don't like it, Houtarou.

It seems as if each arc is going to begin with mundane mysteries, so the people who disliked the first few episodes aren't going to like this one. Nor will they like the fact that the entire episode basically takes place in one room. Definitely one of the weaker episodes, although the character interaction is still enjoyable, and KyoAni does its best to create interesting framing and blocking.

Also, Satoshi should really just go out with Mayaka if he's already getting nagged anyway.

idioXpCLoIQ8k.jpg

I liked this shot just for how many layers of depth are present. I count at least nine.

Is this show stealth edutainment for teaching English to otaku or something?

Ultimadrago

Hyouka 6

pCs9E.jpg

Guuuaaaaaaah?

Is that a smile? From Houtarou?

This is still some of the most boring anything in anime this season.

Since no one seems to be notifying this properly anymore, I will:

Zzzzzzzzzzz

That said, I actually liked the small talk about
getting angry and not seeing others in the group do so
. It was a mundane conversation, but it was one of the few times I actually felt something going on between the characters as a group (besides Episode 5). I still can't say I "care" for any of the characters and if one ,say, passed away next episode (I haven't read the light novel, simply an example), I wouldn't bat an eye.

Anyways, yet again, wet to the eyes and dry to the mind. Boring episode (as usual with the series)

Ultimadrago

Hyouka 7...

ud2x7.jpg

Hey, I didn't say it this time!

Okay, I'm going to attempt a Hyouka review without using the "b-word."

As has been said before, a change from the classroom is always welcome, though that still does not make an episode "entertaining." The characters seem to be playing off each other on an informal, friendly level again. Yet, I still feel nothing towards any of them. I don't like any of them, I don't care if all of them lose a foot (left or right) next episode (heck, that would make things better). In face, the entire cast could be changed for the entirety of the season by the next episode and I could sleep through watch the show just fine. By the seventh episode I would expect to at least moderately enjoy one of the characters. The cast has a heartbeat, but I see no life worth noting.

Have I used "the word" yet? No? Okay, good. As for the episode in specifics,
hanging clothes looking like someone hanging
...*sigh*.

Tl;DR: What I say about this show every week, Pinky.
zzTAN.jpg

Compliment of the week: Hey look, it's a ladybug taking a bite out of a flower!

Hyouka 7
tumblr_m52fcsfsbG1qk2b8oo1_500.gif

Apart from Chitande messing scenes up
Oreki getting overheated for one at her...
, taking time away from Satoshi and Oreki, I think it was really good. They should have gone to the baths more, as both Satoshi and Oreki were funny. The objects obscuring views was rather creative and kind of funny, though that one was unnecessary, though that entire scene was good. Hilarious recap scene of what went on there and the morning after scene of them both.

Mystery was captivating especially with the visual genjutsus.

Ultimadrago

Hyouka 8

yIF7a.jpg

Yeah, I guess you are.

Soooooo,
, why not still just ask Hongou? I don't think she lives halfway across the world.
What illness takes away your voice completely?

Overall, this hole still confuses me and makes this mystery (already without any weight) seem even more pointless, per usual.

Branduil

Episode 7

iAwCImHr5AA5G.jpg

There's nothing quite as wonderful as seeing someone's dreams shattered... I think Gilgamesh is rubbing off on me.

I really liked this episode. The setting allowed KyoAni's background artists to display their talents, and the mystery was genuinely interesting this time. And it goes without saying that the animation and direction was great. What particularly impresses me is how KyoAni makes it look so effortless, as if making a show with this kind of production value is no biggie.

Houtarou really needs to be honest about his feelings at this point. He's completely tsundere for Chitandaexercise. And Satoshi is a yukata snob, who knew?

iboh2oxEcPmfCQ.jpg

Hand-drawn bus spotted!

Branduil

Episode 8

iUxTz1mIe5SYi.jpg

This is so meta.

Mystery people typing in a chat room? I was getting Durarara flashbacks for a minute there.

And so KyoAni once again returns to imitating student films. It's funny how much effort has to be put into deliberately making them as "bad" as the real thing. Like the well-known Haruhi episode, there's plenty of out-of-focus shots, sudden zooms, bad framing, bad acting, etc. However, this time they used a ton of CG tracking shots. Which makes sense, as unlike the Haruhi student film, this is supposed to be imitating more of a documentary style. The bad acting was hilarious in its verisimilitude. I loved the guy who yells all his lines and the girl who always looks nervously away from the camera. The scream was also great.

It was also nice to see the characterization of the cast through the prism of their reactions to the movie. Satoshi talking over the movie, Mayaka getting annoyed over the talking, and Eru completely absorbed in the cheesy mystery. I'm looking forward to where this goes.

iddijSI1Ze4It.jpg

Being Houtarou is [pretending to be]suffering.

Branduil

Hyouka 10

It's really unfair how good this series looks.

The scene with Houtarou and Irisu in the tea room was really wonderful. I loved how the editing and camera work was used to illustrate Irisu's control over the conversation. It's directing 101 stuff, but it's utilized very effectively:

I really like where this series is heading in terms of character development. It pleases me that the characters aren't remaining static, but are clearly changing and revealing new sides of themselves through their interactions. And I can't wait to see the ending of this arc. It's painfully obvious the other shoe is about to drop, and Houtarou has made some amateurish mistakes that he's going to need to account for. It's going to be fun.

As they say, pride cometh before a fall.

iBtrjnjRxbM09.jpg

I'm sure some people in this thread will view this as a self-aware joke.

Hyouka 11

Amazing.

Hyouka 11.5

It should be a crime to present their animation like that.

Hyouka 12

It sure is. I don't know why other anime would even bother trying to make cultural festival episodes after this.

Hyouka 13

ibavam8V2ztfxO.jpg

Talk about cultural differences. Coming to school with those would get you expelled from any high school in America. I guess it's different when you know they're fake.

The new OP is quite a bit better than the first one.

This arc really is putting the cultural festivals of other anime to shame. It almost makes me wonder if KyoAni chose to adapt this just for this arc.

iG8bxPIN14lOV.jpg

What a terrible argument. But what do you expect from a mustache?
They must read GAF, because they animated one of our arguments. I'm pretty sure Mayaka would fit right in here. The reveal was hilarious.

And that final scene truly captured the frustration of not being able to find something. I'm a hoarder as well so I can relate.

I look forward to the cooking in the next episode.

Branduil

Episode 14

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

iT1EULd26EW73.jpg

This arc has been such a joy to watch. I can't really say anything else except that this episode is executed with just as much aplomb as the previous ones.

So who was Mayaka supposed to be this time? I feel sorry for Irisu's future husband. Eru, on the other hand-

Branduil

Thanks.

Hyouka 15

iAiEvjbgm2WtU.jpg

I shouldn't watch this show while I'm hungry.

I wish this arc could last forever. It's so much fun to see the characters develop in this arc; Houtarou anticipating the Chitanda request before it comes, Satoshi having an opportunity to play the straight man role, Chitanda's pitiful efforts at asking for favors, and Mayaka's peer problems. And this mystery is actually pretty interesting. There's also fun visual stuff like Chitanda remembering Irisu's advice with her fingers. This arc should be shown in film school.

iQzYVNXuMZSpR.jpg

Being Mayaka is suffering.

Branduil

This show is still really good, but don't just listen to me, listen to duckroll:

Hyouka - Episode 21

Wow. There are no words. That was so good. I can admit when I've been owned, so I'll go ahead and say that Hyouka ended up being completely the opposite of what I expected. While the early parts of the series were unevenly paced and boring, it was also a reflection of how we're less likely to accept or appreciate just wasting time with people when we don't really know them or don't care for them. But given the time to slowly watch a small group of characters develop and grow over a series really pays off in the end when the direction of the story winds down into more personal reflections and events.

I can't wait to see how the main relationship in the series concludes next week. I never thought I would say that! >_<

Mayaka is still Best Girl, Erutards can suck it!!!

Hmmm reviving a dead thread since I just finished watching the whole series in one go.

Well, what to say... I don't think the series was that great. Currently, I'm mostly in the mood for slice of life genre, and I thought this would be similar for reasons that highschool + club usually goes into the genre. The episodes really hung onto one plot too long to be slice of life, and the series didn't feel like it was developing into anything meaningful for the conflict of the series being that Hotaro getting over his lazy ass mindset.

I kept going because I like Chitanda's hyper genki character, and their relationship was interesting to see where it would go, but since they didn't conclude anything, it's really hard to like it because it was painful to see the anime end that way.

I see from this thread that it definitely isn't as popular as I thought it was.

Makoto

Hyouka's pretty boring with some of the blandest characterization I've seen last year (in non-comedic shows that tried to play it straight). Out of the past three shows KyoAni have produced, Hyouka would be dead last simply because it's remarkably forgettable.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Hyouka's pretty boring with some of the blandest characterization I've seen last year (in non-comedic shows that tried to play it straight). Out of the past three shows KyoAni have produced, Hyouka would be dead last simply because it's remarkably forgettable.
Blandest characterization, what? Hyouka is one of those few animu series' with actual characters.

I like Nichijou and K-On!!!! a lot and I would still put Hyouka above them - certainly in terms of writing and sound production, while it just barely gets the edge in terms of animation and direction, though the real special thing about the series is how all of those things come together to forward the characters and their interpersonal relationships, I think.

That said, that's all just my opinion, and I'm gonna ignore the existence of Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of blablabla so as to make your formulation there just a touch less ridiculous and easier to take seriously. :p

It's technically really good, but I can't get over the fact that the character development is really slow and the relationship development is non-existent until the last two episodes. A few times, it felt like I was watching the dreadful Haruhi groundhog-day disaster. They really could have done better editing.

The pattern was clear. Chitanda gets interested in something, everyone expects Hotaro to solve it, Hotaro takes like 4-5 eps to make it happen. The best parts of the anime are the plots that conclude in one ep like the Hot Springs ep or the Helicopter ep. The characters developed more in those eps than the ones that take 4-5 eps.

I did like the movie plot, but it still took way too long, and it felt like it didn't even affect anything prior to his realization of his mistake.

duckroll

Hmmm reviving a dead thread since I just finished watching the whole series in one go.

Well, what to say... I don't think the series was that great. Currently, I'm mostly in the mood for slice of life genre, and I thought this would be similar for reasons that highschool + club usually goes into the genre. The episodes really hung onto one plot too long to be slice of life, and the series didn't feel like it was developing into anything meaningful for the conflict of the series being that Hotaro getting over his lazy ass mindset.

I kept going because I like Chitanda's hyper genki character, and their relationship was interesting to see where it would go, but since they didn't conclude anything, it's really hard to like it because it was painful to see the anime end that way.

I see from this thread that it definitely isn't as popular as I thought it was.

Hyouka is not a slice-of-life show really. If that was your expectation, it's not surprising that you were disappointed. It's not really a narrative drama series either. It's pretty unique in the sense that despite what it is on the surface - an anime set in a high school with a few friends who seem to have stock character traits; it aims to be more of a character study drama. It's pretty rare to see this level of care put into a production like that, but it's very much an acquired taste.

Hyouka is not a slice-of-life show really. If that was your expectation, it's not surprising that you were disappointed. It's not really a narrative drama series either. It's pretty unique in the sense that despite what it is on the surface - an anime set in a high school with a few friends who seem to have stock character traits; it aims to be more of a character study drama. It's pretty rare to see this level of care put into a production like that, but it's very much an acquired taste.

Yeah, that's what kept me going: the characters.

But the conclusion of the series left it in bad taste. I'm not even sure if the novel concluded the relationship even if it was hinted at. The anime felt like it left too much open.

JoeFu

Banned
Just watched it all in two days... I really liked it. Why does it end like that? I hate when animes I like end :(

What is book 5 about?

edit: also a big wtf to the first ED animation...

Branduil

Congratulations to Hyouka for winning the GAF 2012 AOTY vote. Read what the GAF critics have said about it(bolding is my own):

O3c71.gif

A show about 4 characters interacting with each other throughout high school.

-The best production values I have seen in a TV anime
-Great art
-Wonderful character development
-Very unwinding show that is relaxing to watch
-Great music

While the beginning of this show could be described as boring or mundane by some, I'd argue that the meticulous execution of every aspect makes it feel more exciting than a lot of other shows. Of course, all of that doesn't matter after a couple of episodes and is quickly forgotten once the festival arc starts which is quite possibly my favorite run of anime episodes I had seen in years. The ending was superb too. Great stuff all in all, if I had to recommend one show from 2012 to someone who doesn't watch that much anime it would be this one.

Easily my most enjoyed show this year. It starts a little slow, but it's really good when the story is actually doing something. The character development of the main cast is the main draw for me. It was nice seeing the characters change as the story went along. By the end of the show I definitely loved watching all of their interactions. The earlier episodes were even more enjoyable on rewatches, which emphasizes the fact that the characters are really selling the show.

Easily the most well produced, well animated series of the entire year. It excels in nearly every area - writing, character, direction, animation, editing, the list goes on and on. However despite the many excellent episodes and arcs in the show had it also had some inanely boring rubbish which dragged the whole series down.

This was easily the best and most visually impressive show of the year, as it excelled with nearly every aspect, particularly it's incredible conclusion, meticulously constructed narrative, and the small touches of romance that were filtered into the latter half of the show. Though the mysteries were occasionally of the mundane variety, they certainly weren&#8217;t close to being the focus of the show, as the complex characters and the nuanced characterization that defined them immensely elevated the few episodes that contained a mystery that was less than intriguing. It was, above all, nearly absent of any particularly noticeable flaw.

Proof that the mundane can be made interesting, even fascinating. Slow-burning but significant character development, tightly-written plots, and lavishly beautiful visuals meant that I anticipated episode premiers of this show more than any other.

What starts as a seemingly boring high school show and a really boring club activity solving the most irrelevant 'mysteries' becomes slowly personal and builds a really strong relationship between the main characters and their time together. The mysteries and the cast solving them wasn't the point in the end, it was everything else that makes it really enjoyable. Oreki is one of the better protagonists in recent years and it really helps to get through some of the boring mysteries. Last but not least, Hyouka is easily the most stunning anime of year and a joy to your eyes.

The very definition of "slow burn". This series started out in a really mundane way, and for much of the first half remained slow and sometimes straight out boring. But the character development is good, the interactions are interesting, and by the second half the series it really takes advantage of that to deliver what is ultimately the best character drama series of the year. Amazing production values too.

A real curveball of a series. I went into this show expecting slice of life or high school romance, but I got much better. The main cast(four highschoolers) is great. We have a borderline savant detective in Oreki who prides himself on low energy living, an intensely curious girl in Chitanda Eru that has to straddle the line between upperclass life and her scary curiosity, Mayaka whose strong personality results in many clashes with the boys and Satoshi, a poor man's renaissance man. Behind the veil of ordinary life you'll find tons of mystery, great character interations/growth and an overall tone that strikes a great balance between the fantastic elements of the show(Chitanda's curiosity and Oreki's disturbing analytical skills) and the more mundane everyday life in their small, but old town.

I was really hooked, Hyouka is a visual masterpiece and something you can really expect from KyoAni. Everything is visually pleasing, every background character looks amazing (Hello Irisu and Sawakiguchi) the whole show is filled with amazing scenes full with colour and beautiful animation. Every character is really unique and fun, they all have really different personalities and doesn't really apply to "typical stereotypes". Even if the show was kinda "slice of life" which I kinda dislike, they still managed to make it entertaining even though the mysteries were quite obvious there was still plenty of things to think about. I just loved the festival arc, hilarious and cute.

I never expected that I'd be putting this show in my top ten as I initially dropped it a few episodes in, but after hearing "it gets better!" from enough trustworthy people, I decided I'd give it a second shot. I'm incredibly glad that I decided to, as, while the series is definitely a very slow burn, in retrospect it's fairly astonishing. While the series bills itself foremost as a mystery show, the mysteries themselves are mildly intriguing at best. There's nothing inherently wrong with the mundane subject matter, but it took me a while to accept that the mysteries were merely vehicles for good character interaction and really fantastic character development, and this is the lens through which the show shines brightest as the characters slowly evolve from being definable by a handful of quirks to something much more human. From a technical standpoint, Hyouka is also KyoAni beast mode with both the best OST and best production qualities of any television anime this year. One arc in the middle of the series looks better than some films.

KyoAni's best show... well, maybe second to K-On!!. It's really damn close though. Special mention to 11.5, not only because it'll annoy duckroll, but because I think it was the turning point of the show that elevates it beyond... well, meer anime.

Hyouka made me endure a couple of painfully boring episodes, but the incredible production values, intriguing story premise and mostly enjoyable story arcs made that totally worth it. Ultimately, it may have been the OST that stuck out to me the most, though. It's rather subtle for the most part, but it somehow managed to create a very convincing mystery atmosphere for things that really aren't mysterious at all. Good stuff.

For a while I was completely intent on having Fate/Zero be my favorite show of the year. That was until the last couple episodes of Hyouka aired. It took a few episodes for this show to sink its claws into me, but by the third episode I was completely engaged by it. A lot of my enjoyment came from how invested I was by the characters and the slower pace (especially in the first half) gave me a better appreciation of the attention to detail. I just absolutely love the atmosphere that this anime has. Very relaxing yet manages to make a lot of scenes very engaging to me.

Many of the subplots and characterization hit a lot of the right notes with me, to an almost frightening degree. The production values are just superb and even puts some theatrical productions to shame. With this show, I became a fan of KyoAni and I don't know how they did it week after week. I loved the characters, the animation, the soundtrack, the direction, the art design, and all the little subtle details. It's definitely not a perfect anime and definitely not the most exciting show at times. Despite its faults, this was the show that resonated with me the most.

Simply fantastic. It's been quite a while since I've fallen in love with a show as much as this. It's beautiful, not just from a visual or aural standpoint, but from how it treats and develops its' characters, their relationships, and their interactions. It's expertly crafted and brilliantly plotted. There's no question in my mind that Kyoto Animation are the masters of their craft, and this is far and away the best anime of the year.

Kyoani really outdid themselves with this one, and I would say its their best work so far. One of the most beautiful shows of all time, the visuals are always on point in all aspects of animation and art. Combine that with incredible direction and storyboarding and I don't think anyone can deny how impressive the production is. You'll often find yourself surprised with how much the show is able to convey in even the shortest scenes. On top that, the show has a high quality soundtrack with a number of memorable tracks throughout. It's mixture of classical tracks and original compositions is pretty tremendous to listen to. A true audiovisual experience.

I'm a sucker for high school drama and mystery. Hyouka is an interesting case because it brings together four characters that I couldn't give a damn about but made me give one by the end of the show. Nearly every episode crafts an interesting situation and develops the characters towards an interesting way. By the series' end the payoff for seeing their growth is immense especially the main character Hotarou Oreki. If you're looking for a bit of slice of life, a bit of mystery, a bit of drama, and time well spent then this is the show for you. I'm glad this was a show well spent for me.

These days, Kyoto Animation is known for bringing incredible production values to various high-school stories about close-knit groups of girls and guys. Hyouka shows KyoAni working at its absolute best on a story about mundane mysteries and the gradual maturation of its bunch of student protagonists. The show's sedate pacing may turn off some, but for its adherents (such as myself), it's a master class in direction and animation. Everyone is brought to life thanks to an attention to detail that few other studios could match even if they had the time or budget. I was drawn into the lives of the members of the Classics Club, and by the end, they were well-rounded in ways that few shows can rival.

Personally I didn't find this show boring at all and didn't mind the pace it set for itself. Despite praising Fate/Zero's amazing visuals at times I would say Hyouka tops it. Just the amazing, meticulous attention to detail. Both with the visuals and the characters. Initially they may come across as rather one dimensional and simply fulfilling per-established tropes but they really come into their own. Even the side or support characters get an impressive amount of characterization in the short amount of screen time presence they get. This show has some great music as well, both original and borrowed classical pieces. How they are used is well done just like the majority of the show.

There's really not much left to be said about Hyouka. The show's relative merits have been argued over to death over and over. I will, however, talk about the alleged "slow start" of the show. I don't believe this to be the case. The much maligned first 6 episodes of the show served as a good introduction for the characters and set the "feel" of what was to come. These 4 characters are some of the most well developed and well refined characters I have encountered in an anime and I am glad at getting to see them develop over the course of the series. This is all without getting at the absolutely stunning visuals of Hyouka. A show about everyday mysteries shouldn't have such gorgeous visuals nor did it need it but KyoAni gave it to us nevertheless.

The first "kininarimasu" scene is my favorite scene in the whole show. It set up what the show would be about (Oreki is Chihaya's little pet) and showed it both literally with the hair wrapping around Oreki and figuratively with Oreki not being able to turn her down.

As an initial detractor of this show it is kind of funny how much I've come around. As I familiarize myself with Hyouka more and more my respect for the series continues to grow. KyoAni offers something both wholly unique and unrivaled to viewers in spite of dealing with a topic not entirely unfamiliar. Astoundingly well composed on a presentation level, Hyouka's subtle handling of personal growth and maturation is its greatest triumph. The problems presented are a digestible means of presenting more complex topics that often revolve around realistic conflict. The mysteries of Hyouka are not black or white. Like Oreki, they happen to be grey. Character motivations here seem genuine, and there is no cackling villain beneath the mask of the culprit. Hyouka's smartly refined sense and style put it wildly ahead of everything else on this list.

If I had to pick one word to sum up this series, it would be "eyegasms". Yes, I'm aware that's not a real word. But it does describe what the viewer is going to constantly experience thanks to the most borderline-pornographic levels of animation quality ever seen in a TV anime. And it also describes what happens to Chitanda whenever she gets a little too curious about something. Which is often. Though the pacing is slow and the content is deliberately mundane, the subtle yet engaging character interactions and development, as well as the sheer production quality, make this a must-see.

The reason this show didn't make it on the list is primarily for two reasons. The first is the pacing. Parts of the show can really drag and are for the most part, unnecessarily long. A perfect example is the film arc where the point of the arc is dragged on for far too long. The second is that of the mysteries themselves in that they are so amazingly mundane that it actually becomes annoying. The show also wastes too much time analyzing the mysteries so the mysteries themselves ultimately should be judged with the rest of the show. In short, both of these can really make the show be a bore at times.

That said, it's also a fantastic character study piece and does an excellent job bisecting Oreki, Satoshi, and Mayaka. There is some real character progression over the course of the show and some of the themes, and particularly messages, in the show are really fascinating to study.

The visuals are also beyond topnotch. Truly. This is one of the most gorgeous television shows I've ever seen. The detail is comparable to a movie or OVA not only some of the time but most of it.

Where to begin? Without a doubt, Hyouka is 2012's most beautiful anime, with luscious background art, skillfully executed photographic effects, and abundant, expressive animation. But to be the best anime of the year, you need more than just a pretty face, and this is where Hyouka's startlingly great script comes in, along with the skillful direction of Yasuhiro Takemoto(The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya), and a score that rivals Kouhei Tanaka's(Gunbuster/Diebuster/One Piece) best. What seems to be a rather ordinary high school series grows over time into a remarkably mature and bittersweet character piece, best captured in this track from the OST; what really sets it apart from other similar series is the believability of the characters and the world they inhabit. Some may find it slow, or the mysteries trite, but those with the patience and interest will find themselves well-rewarded. The only downside to watching Hyouka is that it will raise your expectations for how good an anime can look.

Shergal

It's only fair that Hyouka won the AOTY poll, as it's really an amazing show and Kyoani's best entry.
It speaks volumes about Yasuhiro Takemoto's mastery of the craft, and since he's my favourite Kyoani director and a guy I always have expectations of, I'm glad he finally had the chance to fully realize himself with Hyouka (not-so-irrelevant trivia: he was the sole responsible for Kyoani adapting this novel, as he chose it himself and got Kadokawa to let him handle it).

Someday I'd like to do a more extensive write up on the series as not only I appreciate it on its own merit, but its characters and their arcs also resonated with me in a more personal manner, which doesn't happen often with anime or fiction in general. Right now I'm not at the best time for that, but I'll only say that scenes like this one:

Or the final scene of the show:

O3c71.gif

Really, really elevate the piece beyond its usual scope in how everything (and I mean everything, from the narrative idea to the editing, to the use of lighting, to the animation, and even the voice work and sound direction) comes together to create a perfect, timeless moment.

I'd also like to say that I was immensely impressed with the work of Hiroko Utsumi in the show. She directed and composed the first sequence I posted, and was in charge of the amazing episode 21. Her ability to set up an atmosphere and thoroughly deliver it by making use of everything at her disposition is very reminiscent of what Takemoto himself can do in his good days; she should get her own show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom