• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyper Light Drifter for PS4, Xbox One launches July 26

Huh. That's the day after Quadrilateral Cowboy. Both of those games were created by people working out of Glitch City in Los Angeles.

I enjoyed the hell out of Hyper Light Drifter. I'd like to go back and mop up some secrets, but stuff is hidden very well.

Before someone ask, the PS Vita port was still in development last April, but it needs more optimization. It will not be cross-buy with the PS4 version. The Wii U port is still in limbo.

Moskalova

Well they promised a Vita version so I'll buy it when that comes out.

AKA never.

Vita - A more difficult platform, due to it's limited processing power and memory. Much optimization must be done in order for our game to run smoothly for the entirety of the experience. Luckily, we have external support taking charge on this port so we aren't ripping our own hair out. We're getting closer, but again, this is a Fall release at the earliest considering the amount of effort being poured in on this port.

?

mnemonicj

Gotdamit i can't wait for this. I didn't back this, but I've been following it patiently ever since the project started. This will be my first pre-order ever!!!

5taquitos

Haven't the Play promotion games always been release-date exclusive to PS? Does that mean this won't be part of the promotion?

So does it include co-op mode? I assume yes, but you never know.

Hope so. It's day 1 if it does(and doesnt have weird limitations, like not being able to make progress/upgrade stuff/unlock trophies). Otherwise, I'll wait on a sale.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Cool. Now I'll play it. I got two copies from backing, but my laptop is pretty old. I've been waiting to get my PS4 key.

jacobeid

Banned
Quick'n'dirty, one-sentence summation of your experience with the game-- if you don't mind, that is?

It reminded me a lot of the first time I played LTTP or Link's Awakening DX but with better combat scenarios, insane art direction and audio, and an overwhelming sense of resource scarcity, desolation, and loneliness.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure what they're thinking with no cross buy. Cross buy works well to drive sales on all platforms. The number of people who will buy both the ps4 and vita versions is absolutely much smaller than the number of extra people who would buy a single cross buy version. I would've bought it with cross buy but without it I just won't bother. Already finished it once on PC anyway.

Top Bottom