• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Community |OT| Pudding Pls (*´`) () (^o^)

SerTapTap

What's the deal with the VII DLC chars, are they revealing them all before releasing so they can release all at once or what? Also I hope they have more skills than the Gold Third characters, the one major flaw of them is they only have 2 attack skills + EX/formation skills. The skills they have are great but it's such a limited use of huge reservoirs of potential references. I hope that since they're not officially licensed we might see them next game with more skills. Aside from "pudding attack" older nep feels like a huge waste and I wish her dev time went to the Gold Third instead.

Is Sega Hard Girls A) officially subtitled B) any good? I bought the nendo saturn (but not the bigger figure yet) and have never seen the show.

Still haven't gotten back to Rebirth 3, guess I got slightly burned out after all, I guess delaying VII isn't a super bad idea.

Blanc website - some new screenshots.

The bosses look like they might be proper bosses. That's probably my number one hope for this game, better bosses and general difficulty. #2 is clothing options, surely everyone isn't stuck wearing the exact same outfit with palette swaps? A senran kagura style dressing room, even if it only included the school outfits and prior Neptunia clothes, would be great.

Is Sega Hard Girls A) officially subtitled B) any good? I bought the nendo saturn (but not the bigger figure yet) and have never seen the show.

A - Funimation and Crunchyroll had it.

B - Not really, it was a bit of fluff that mostly existed to showcase a few specific Sega games. It started with beloved older titles and then quickly devolved into stealth marketing with a focus on Border Break, PSO2 and such.

SerTapTap

A - Funimation and Crunchyroll had it.

B - Not really, it was a bit of fluff that mostly existed to showcase a few specific Sega games. It started with beloved older titles and then quickly devolved into stealth marketing with a focus on Border Break, PSO2 and such.

That's a shame then. Surprised to see them referenced so often. I guess they make decent merch even if the show kinda sucks though. Whole situation with that is kinda weird...in what world does Saturn end up being the most popular one? DC seems like a lock. I don't like her hat though. The hat surely sunk it.

SerTapTap

I still have like 4 other anime I bought physical I'd need to watch first. I never watch stuff. Actually still haven't gotten to the neptunia anime yet either

Vylash

gust01.jpg

yo gust is playable in yoru no nai kuni, christ how can this game get any better

SerTapTap

I was wondering...is Nepgear's Theme ever used in any way directly related to Nepgear? Was there even a Nepgear's Theme in Mk2? Because the Nepgear's Theme V in Victory is used as the EXE skill background music in V through rebirth 3

Did some googling and seems we'll get something like this. I'm personally not too keen on the base.

If it has Tsunako art on it it might be okay, otherwise I think it still comes with the original base, oh well.

yo gust is playable in yoru no nai kuni, christ how can this game get any better

Never especially liked Gust but that's neat I guess.

Just finished the Conquest End in Re;Birth 2. That was...interesting.

It was not at all what I was expecting. I knew it would be dark, but for some reason I had it in my head that it was going to be a "bad end" where the villains won or something like that. That was a seriously depressing story. The craziest part, I think, was when Nepgear murdered Underling. I just had to stare at the screen for a moment when that happened. The rest I saw coming pretty easily, but that? Plus the "I should have done that long ago" one-liner? Dang.

Anyway, I enjoyed it in its own way. I think just one more playthrough for me, to get the true end, then I'll have to be done with Neptunia for a while. The games are fun, but I started Re;Birth 2 immediately after Re;Birth 1, and I'm a bit burned out on these games at the moment. I definitely will play Re;Birth 3, but I'll probably wait until I've cleared another couple games from my backlog first. In the meantime, I guess it's on to grinding Lily Ranks.

SerTapTap

Just finished the Conquest End in Re;Birth 2. That was...interesting.

It was not at all what I was expecting. I knew it would be dark, but for some reason I had it in my head that it was going to be a "bad end" where the villains won or something like that. That was a seriously depressing story. The craziest part, I think, was when Nepgear murdered Underling. I just had to stare at the screen for a moment when that happened. The rest I saw coming pretty easily, but that? Plus the "I should have done that long ago" one-liner? Dang.

Anyway, I enjoyed it in its own way. I think just one more playthrough for me, to get the true end, then I'll have to be done with Neptunia for a while. The games are fun, but I started Re;Birth 2 immediately after Re;Birth 1, and I'm a bit burned out on these games at the moment. I definitely will play Re;Birth 3, but I'll probably wait until I've cleared another couple games from my backlog first. In the meantime, I guess it's on to grinding Lily Ranks.

Ending spoilers of course:
I mean, it really is a bad end where the villians basically win if you pay attention to Arfoire's words, it's just even grimmer than most. I thought the Underling thing was pretty perfect actually. "I should have done that a long time ago" for real. I think it's quite well written though I really wish fans wouldn't constantly latch on to it and stuff. The fan art and stuff is really gross. But I think it's really the best they've ever done at integrating any kind of serious or relevant message into story stuff, I wouldn't mind storylines going more closely to real life stuff like how the conquest ending tackles a potential "one console future" as opposed to the standard vague allusions to piracy and the enemies are otherwise just random assholes. Though game 3 does some alright stuff...you'll see eventually.

Nothing wrong with taking a break, the games aren't going anywhere (the limited editions are though). I'm going to try and finish some other stuff before finishing up Rebirth 3 and platinuming Victory 2 myself. And even then I have Noire to go back to and Neptunia 1 if I ever run out of games and feel brave.

Ending spoilers of course:
I mean, it really is a bad end where the villians basically win if you pay attention to Arfoire's words, it's just even grimmer than most. I thought the Underling thing was pretty perfect actually. "I should have done that a long time ago" for real. I think it's quite well written though I really wish fans wouldn't constantly latch on to it and stuff. The fan art and stuff is really gross. But I think it's really the best they've ever done at integrating any kind of serious or relevant message into story stuff, I wouldn't mind storylines going more closely to real life stuff like how the conquest ending tackles a potential "one console future" as opposed to the standard vague allusions to piracy and the enemies are otherwise just random assholes. Though game 3 does some alright stuff...you'll see eventually.

Nothing wrong with taking a break, the games aren't going anywhere (the limited editions are though). I'm going to try and finish some other stuff before finishing up Rebirth 3 and platinuming Victory 2 myself. And even then I have Noire to go back to and Neptunia 1 if I ever run out of games and feel brave.

True, it is a bad end of sorts. I was just expecting a bit more explicit of one. From the way people were talking about how out of place it felt, I was half expecting it to end with, like, Underling having all the CPUs chained up in bondage gear or something. But yeah, it was well written. Nep especially, when she dropped her silliness at the end and begged Gear to do it, was pretty emotional. I think it's biggest flaw is just that it all came too quickly. There's almost no buildup. It goes almost directly from silly-fanservicey-lighthearted-pun-filled romp through a goofy RPG world, to hypergrimdark Pyrrhic victory death-fest. It was a pretty well written hypergrimdark Pyrrhic victory death-fest, but I think it would have benefited from some sort of buildup, with things starting to get noticeably darker in, say, Chapter 4, and have the end of Chapter 5 be the turning point of whether it all goes downhill, or if they manage to overcome everything.

Wing Purple Heart revealed at Wonderfest (unpainted proto only). Don't get TOO excited, Wing royally fucked up the face on their LAST purple heart figure. It's kind of ridiculous if we're getting ANOTHER purple heart, from the SAME manufacturer, before Vert and Blanc, unless they have them too.
Everything is terrible.

Tappy i have good news
Everything is glorious. I'd probably rather have Blanc in her regular outfit, but her school look's good too.

Wing Purple Heart revealed at Wonderfest (unpainted proto only). Don't get TOO excited, Wing royally fucked up the face on their LAST purple heart figure. It's kind of ridiculous if we're getting ANOTHER purple heart, from the SAME manufacturer, before Vert and Blanc, unless they have them too.
Sculpt looks awful, this is going to be on par with Uni/Nepgear. I still have hopes that Broccoli's casual clothing Neptune figure will be good.

Tappy i have good news

Even better news, Plum is a fairly decent manufacturer so this has a chance of being good.

SerTapTap

I heard Rebirth 3 actually has a great postgame, true/false? Still haven't...gotten Blanc, honestly. Been taking a break, but it's cool if they majorly improved postgame in the one game that like, lets you play postgame.

Tappy i have good news

I actually don't like those outfits (mostly because EVERYONE has the same outfit) and would much prefer a "standard" Blanc but that'll do I guess. Now for Vert.

They should just make the other characters into Nendos/Figmas. I love my Nep Nendo and want all the others!

So many goddamn nendos at wonderfest, they really need to at least finish the main goddesses as nendos

Sculpt looks awful, this is going to be on par with Uni/Nepgear. I still have hopes that Broccoli's casual clothing Neptune figure will be good.

Even better news, Plum is a fairly decent manufacturer so this has a chance of being good.

But broccoli fucked up Uni/Nepgear. but their Noire looks good if it matches the prototype Where was this announced, WF? Hadn't heard of a casual clothes neptune. Actually I'm amazed that wasn't their very first figure.

They know Alter can make a badass Black Heart, why can't they at least let them finish out the HDD form list? They're really bad at merchandising this franchise IMO. Especially outside of Japan--there's plenty of non-figure merch in Japan, but the figures we've got are almost all lacking. Stick to Alter and Good Smile IMO. Or Phat. Stop using Wing and blacklist whoever made that awful off-prototype Noire.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So many goddamn nendos at wonderfest, they really need to at least finish the main goddesses as nendos

We need the regular goddesses and then we NEED the CPU forms, too! If the idol games get ALL the characters, then surely Neptune can too! :) (So many idol characters... so so many...)

SerTapTap

We need the regular goddesses and then we NEED the CPU forms, too! If the idol games get ALL the characters, then surely Neptune can too! :) (So many idol characters... so so many...)

I think they usually do nendo petits for the idols...but yeah I agree, if they can make 18000 schoolgirl outfit nendos they can make a few CPUs.

Not sure if anyone's interested or not but I have some LEs to sell, need some extra cash. Gonna make a post in the B/S/T thread later but figured I'd try here first.

I have the Re;Birth 2, Hyperdevotion Noire, Neptunia U, and Neptunia PP LEs to get rid of. All of them are open, but the extras were never touched in any of them and some of the game packages are wrapped(Re;Birth 2 and PP). Just let me know on here or on Twitter(@TheGrimHeaper, probably NSFW) if you're interested and we'll talk about pricing and pictures!

EDIT: Producing Perfection pending.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Hey quick question with Neptunia U: when starting a new game it asks if I wanted to pick the CPU or Candidate path and that I could "pick the other later". I started with the CPUs and then the sisters' portion came right after and I got a "new game" trophy for both. Are they really different story modes or was it just who you wanted to play with first?

Either way, having fun with it as something different :) Especially since it's a fairly quick game with one ending (I believe?).

Hey quick question with Neptunia U: when starting a new game it asks if I wanted to pick the CPU or Candidate path and that I could "pick the other later". I started with the CPUs and then the sisters' portion came right after and I got a "new game" trophy for both. Are they really different story modes or was it just who you wanted to play with first?

Either way, having fun with it as something different :) Especially since it's a fairly quick game with one ending (I believe?).

It's just which tutorial chapter you start with basically, and yeah one ending.

SerTapTap

It's just which tutorial chapter you start with basically, and yeah one ending.

I don't know why they even did that. Victory 2 does this once and it's a proper choice, and I don't really feel like it was necessary there either. If the whole game isn't branching paths one minor branch just feels like an annoyance (fortunately, Victory 2 makes NG+ super quick and it seems to be designed for at least one NG+ anyway)

Blanc website updated with Plutia and Peashy, as well as some info about the OP theme:

The top two are new.

...the school outfit pictures are just the character portraits from Victory (peashy/Plutia) or Victory 2 (everyone else) with the new outfit edited on top and it bugs the fuck out of me

HGH

Banned
Uh, if I'm reading this page right, it would appear Neptunia VII is getting DLC characters completely separate from the collaborations. They appear to be
Umio(Seaman/fish) and the Nepugya Chirper character?

SerTapTap

Uh, if I'm reading this page right, it would appear Neptunia VII is getting DLC characters completely separate from the collaborations. They appear to be
Umio(Seaman/fish) and the Nepugya Chirper character?

Are we sure they're not scouts or something?
Oh, guess not, at least for the second one, specifically says battle/character. Weird.

I'd rather get more skills for the Golden Third than new characters though personally. They could do so crazy much with those characters

HGH

Banned
On second reading I apparently made a mistake.
Apparently the character I thought of has a different name in Japan (Nepugima), which coincidentally is localized as Nepugia.
So this one might just be...uh...a robot? Or that weird face Nepgear makes when she's surprised? Basically lower your expectations to palette swap levels.

For those that dont know, HyperDimension Neptunia rebirth 1 is on this weeks humble bundle japan addition if you pay 10$ or more. Im playing it on vita with a lent copy atm, or else I would of bought.

How are the PC ports compared to the Vita ones?

SerTapTap

Apparently the character I thought of has a different name in Japan (Nepugima), which coincidentally is localized as Nepugia.
So this one might just be...uh...a robot? Or that weird face Nepgear makes when she's surprised? Basically lower your expectations to palette swap levels.

The robot is Nepgeardam. They've made LOTS of Nepgeardam DLC though so I wouldn't be surprised. What's Nepugia's deal in Japanese anyway, just evil nepgear? She's a least an amusing localization joke in the west

For those that dont know, HyperDimension Neptunia rebirth 1 is on this weeks humble bundle japan addition if you pay 10$ or more. Im playing it on vita with a lent copy atm, or else I would of bought.

How are the PC ports compared to the Vita ones?

1080p, 60 FPS, some bugs but I think they're mostly patched? I just play the Vita versions due to stability and coming much earlier but I pick up the PC versions in sales in case I ever replay. The button prompts are ugly and the portraits look blurrier despite the higher res other assets since they're designed for Vita. They're not too bad, but they're "just" ports nothing super duper amazing over the Vita ones.

For $10 it's an easy recommendation though, Gurumin is easily worth the first $7 and Rebirth is easily worth the extra on top.

Kinda disappointed Falcom isn't more like Parin honestly. I don't follow other falcom stuff but Parin is the best

Still thinking wether I should get the bundle or not.....I already own Vanguard Princess (steam version is ick do to messing up controller inputs, freemium version dint have this issue, not sure if it ever got patched).

I imagine all the DLC is on steam too.....bleh probably gonna get it.

SerTapTap

Gurumin, Neptunia, CRAB BATTLE, who cares what the other games are lol. I was wanting that aquarium battle game anyway, looks like good dumb fun even if the mechanics turn out poor. You're a crab

Just read it again myself, yeah it seems it isn't Nepugia but just that silly eyes version of Nepgear. To be honest that joke is starting to wear thin at this point.

SerTapTap

I hope it's not that, nepgeardam is okay as a silly attack but the mask and stuff is stupid. One thing I'm noticing in Rebirth 3 is Victory/RB3 really runs certain jokes into the ground, I hope Victory 2 isn't like that (despite beating it I have zero idea)

But it says "playable in dungeon and field" right? That's not how I'd describe a mask/outfit

SerTapTap

Thinking of resetting my level (and only level) when I replay Victory 2 to get the true ending finally, since releveling to 99 is super easy at endgame. Any suggestions to make it harder? Was thinking of leaving on the lowest level defense gear and only the weakest full-combo weapons I can find.

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this and apologies if it has been asked but I don't want to delve too deep in the topic for fear of spoilers. Despite grabbing these games on release I have yet to actually play one.

I recently heard of an issue of defective copies of Neptunia Rebirth 3 for Vita. Mine of course has been sitting sealed since launch like the others in the series. I ripped it open and sure enough I got a defective copy. Is there some sort of official exchange program going on? Not looking forward to trying to luck out and recieve a working copy from Best Buy. Any advice or thoughts are appreciated!

SerTapTap

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this and apologies if it has been asked but I don't want to delve too deep in the topic for fear of spoilers. Despite grabbing these games on release I have yet to actually play one.

I recently heard of an issue of defective copies of Neptunia Rebirth 3 for Vita. Mine of course has been sitting sealed since launch like the others in the series. I ripped it open and sure enough I got a defective copy. Is there some sort of official exchange program going on? Not looking forward to trying to luck out and recieve a working copy from Best Buy. Any advice or thoughts are appreciated!

They'll probably tell you to get a replacement from the store (it's not like 100% were defective), though only certain stores got defective copies I think. You could ask @IdeaFactoryIntl on twitter I guess if there's anything more specific.

The ones in the Limited Editions were confirmed to be alright, right? I didn't open my copy since I have it digital

Top Bottom