• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Community |OT| Pudding Pls (*´`) () (^o^)

Robin64

50% off in the Steam sale for both the games on there, seems like an awesome way for a HN newbie to jump in. Woop.

Falk

that puzzling face
50% off in the Steam sale for both the games on there, seems like an awesome way for a HN newbie to jump in. Woop.

I feel like a chump thinking Rebirth 2 would get spawn invulnerability from Steam sales. Then again, it WAS discounted at launch too.

Sir TapTap

I feel like a chump thinking Rebirth 2 would get spawn invulnerability from Steam sales. Then again, it WAS discounted at launch too.

Well I wouldn't have recommend getting it at $30 but it seemed pretty clear it wouldn't go under the $15 it was at launch so soon

HGH

Banned
Yeah OK so, massive warning in advance.

Y'know how RB2 had some EXEs locked behind plot progressions for some characters? Well they ditched that idea.
See RB3 makes it so that EXEs are locked behind the Plan system. Except to get the plan, you need to... use 100 skills. For each character.

Bolded is THE BEST. Though it will be really hard to use in Japanese...but Tales system is always a bit too annoying and "keep everything" is also annoying as I'd like to just go back with all my characters and outfits (I bet I lose the characters don't I) but play again from level 1 so it's not a super breeze.

Also wait wait wait what the fuck? Am I reading that right, that in the branching stories you had to reach high level public relations BEFORE joining all up? That would have taken a ton of grinding and never buying anything else. That's really annoying though at least it's sort of simple if you know of it. Or am I wrong and I can, before I finish G Dimension, go and upgrade all my crap?

I guess I wasn't likely to get the true ending with no guides and bumbling around in a Japanese version anyway but it's annoying to already find myself locked out.
Actually, one of the options is(mechanics spoilers)
"Keep all characters", which can lead to some silly things. Also, there is an option for "4x running speed" and "ULTRA JUMP" which make it so you can get through the game in like, half an hour.

The following is not actual spoilers but it might mention some conditions and general feelings so I'm gonna Spoiler it.
Yeah the ending is ridiculously obtuse. It took us 5 days between English and Japanese streamers, Twitch, various english discussion sites, and Japanese 2chan to figure out the true ending condition. And yeah you're wrong, it has to be within the chapters, and before a specific point for Neptune.
To be fair though, I think it's because the regular ending is very complete. This isn't like Mk2 or Victory's sort of really flat endings, it feels like good closure. Plus the True ending doesn't add much to it to boot. I think CH intended people to see the Normal ending first.
Also, as for the grind, I believe finishing the game gives you a Compile Heart processor set and a Delphinus processor set that you can sell for like, 2 million credits.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well I wouldn't have recommend getting it at $30 but it seemed pretty clear it wouldn't go under the $15 it was at launch so soon

Definitely would be a huge disservice to the vita/PS4 crowd if the games on Steam were perma-discounted, or were available for like 5 bucks, regardless how short a period of time.

Things like Valkyria Chronicles which is/was half a decade old are a completely different story, of course!

Sir TapTap

Regarding Victory 2, is there anything worthwhile in this Spelunker level? I hate it. Also did they get licensing from Square Enix? I swear the "you died" chime is exactly the same as spelunker z

Yeah OK so, massive warning in advance.

Y'know how RB2 had some EXEs locked behind plot progressions for some characters? Well they ditched that idea.
See RB3 makes it so that EXEs are locked behind the Plan system. Except to get the plan, you need to... use 100 skills. For each character.

Not a big deal IMO, EXE was hardly necessary, it's more like a cheat button.

Actually, one of the options is(mechanics spoilers)
"Keep all characters", which can lead to some silly things. Also, there is an option for "4x running speed" and "ULTRA JUMP" which make it so you can get through the game in like, half an hour.

The following is not actual spoilers but it might mention some conditions and general feelings so I'm gonna Spoiler it.
Yeah the ending is ridiculously obtuse. It took us 5 days between English and Japanese streamers, Twitch, various english discussion sites, and Japanese 2chan to figure out the true ending condition. And yeah you're wrong, it has to be within the chapters, and before a specific point for Neptune.
To be fair though, I think it's because the regular ending is very complete. This isn't like Mk2 or Victory's sort of really flat endings, it feels like good closure. Plus the True ending doesn't add much to it to boot. I think CH intended people to see the Normal ending first.
Also, as for the grind, I believe finishing the game gives you a Compile Heart processor set and a Delphinus processor set that you can sell for like, 2 million credits.

Regarding NG+:
No, really, fuck story reasons, all NG+ games should let you keep all characters. I'm so glad you can do it finally. I may actually enjoy NG+ this time instead of just skipping all animations, cutscenes and normal fights. Ultra jump/running speed sound amazing...as long as there's a toggle.

I guess I'll be fine with normal end then--do I need to be sure to upgrade all my towns before ending G dimension though? I assume I'm close, I just
fought Steamax or whatever and got the high jump?
More than anything I want to unlock any gear, crafting stuff and most importantly outfits.

Definitely would be a huge disservice to the vita/PS4 crowd if the games on Steam were perma-discounted, or were available for like 5 bucks, regardless how short a period of time.

Things like Valkyria Chronicles which is/was half a decade old are a completely different story, of course!

I'm already a little annoyed with how they handle the steam stuff honestly, it's not super duper extreme but it still plays hard into the "nothing is worth anything on PC" mentality with the 50% launch discount and $30 base price. At least they eventually adjusted Reb 1 to PC-ish prices on PSN. I can't get too mad though since as long as console versions have the LEs I'll continue to buy them instead and consider the PC ones a mild curiosity.

HGH

Banned
Regarding Victory 2, is there anything worthwhile in this Spelunker level? I hate it. Also did they get licensing from Square Enix? I swear the "you died" chime is exactly the same as spelunker z

I guess I'll be fine with normal end then--do I need to be sure to upgrade all my towns before ending G dimension though? I assume I'm close, I just
fought Steamax or whatever and got the high jump?
More than anything I want to unlock any gear, crafting stuff and most importantly outfits.
I think the Spelunker's ultimate reward is the power bracelet, which lets you destroy more things/stronger boxes on the field.
Also yeah this is an official crossover, not the usual parody knockoff sorta thing.
As long as you don't finish the game, I don't think there's anything that's ever locked or missable between "chapters".

Sir TapTap

I think the Spelunker's ultimate reward is the power bracelet, which lets you destroy more things/stronger boxes on the field.
Also yeah this is an official crossover, not the usual parody knockoff sorta thing.
As long as you don't finish the game, I don't think there's anything that's ever locked or missable between "chapters".

Cool that they got an official crossover even though I'm not a big fan of the dungeon. I really want that power bracelet though...

Oh, okay that's good, I wasn't sure if ending the G chapter would be similar to ending the Z chapter.

Sir TapTap

Ahah! If anyone else was wondering where the E Rank rank-up quest target enemy was in VII, it's in the Lastation Golden Tower thingy.

Sir TapTap

Finally getting the Golden Third in Neptunia VII (also I think I just got twitter jailed for posting about it too much). Does activating their Golden forms still drain shares? I think since I'm not getting true ending anyway I'll just not worry much about that

Sir TapTap

Edit: Okay, I'm tired of how insanely hard it is to find Neptunia guides/info so I'm making a master list of 'em. Let me know what (useful) guides any of you have used so far and what they cover.

Also HGH do you have the full details of the True Ending for Nep VII? Post 'em in spoiler tags if you could and I'll include that since I have found no english victory 2 guides at all to even link to

Twitter can ban you?
Also I don't think they have nation affiliations but I could be wrong.

Not quite, it just temporarily times you out if you post something like 100 public (?) tweets within an hour, only for an hour or something.

But it wasn't even that, twitter just refused to accept the image I wanted to upload for some reason.

BTW if anyone wants an absurd volume of high quality direct capture of Neptunia VII screenshots just check this twitter search, almost all my screens are direct capture card shots. There's some spoilers. Very few gifs and no videos because that takes longer.

HGH

Banned
Well jeez, that sure is disappointing news. You sure it's not just the intro areas like in RB2?
What an odd thing after RB2, Noire and U got a full 1:1 treatment.

Edit: Okay, I'm tired of how insanely hard it is to find Neptunia guides/info so I'm making a master list of 'em. Let me know what (useful) guides any of you have used so far and what they cover.

Also HGH do you have the full details of the True Ending for Nep VII? Post 'em in spoiler tags if you could and I'll include that since I have found no english victory 2 guides at all to even link to.
Yeah sure:
-View all events in Zero Dimension
-In Gold Dimension, for Noire, Blanc and Vert, you need to raise shares to 40% during each character's campaign (and only DURING it, this cannot be done later). This is most easily achieved through level 4 Public Relations but you can try to farm it. Doing so will unlock an event for each character that you have to view within their chapter.
-In Gold Dimension, for Neptune, perform the following sequence of events: before going to the cherry blossom dungeon, take and complete a quest to beat 10 dogoos; this will unlock an event with Histoire that you have to view; after completing the cherry garden dungeon, take a quest that has you kill 10 cats; this will unlock an event with Chuuko; afterwards, take a quest that has you kill 10 pink dogoos; this will unlock another event with Chuuko; finally, get Planeptune's shares to 60% to view an event with Histoire. This is most easily achieved with level 7 PR. Note that Neptune's quests are extremely time sensitive.
-In Heart Dimension, view all four dream events.
-If the conditions are satisfied, the normal ending final boss will talk during the battle, otherwise it'll be silent.

From the sound of things, you seem to be past
the 4 CPUs fight. Tell me that wasn't fun as hell eh? Probably one of the better ones in the series since they even let you override the boss music just for this fight. Too bad you actually chose the Candidate path though, getting to mess around with NEXT forms is fun.

And if you're still looking for guides, there's a "Basic Gameplay" guide for RB1 on Steam that seems pretty good for newbies to the series.

EDIT: Oh, there's a person on youtube putting up scenes of VII with English subtitles if anyone cares for that. Nothing too spoilery at the moment.

Sir TapTap

From the sound of things, you seem to be past
the 4 CPUs fight. Tell me that wasn't fun as hell eh? Probably one of the better ones in the series since they even let you override the boss music just for this fight. Too bad you actually chose the Candidate path though, getting to mess around with NEXT forms is fun.

And if you're still looking for guides, there's a "Basic Gameplay" guide for RB1 on Steam that seems pretty good for newbies to the series.

EDIT: Oh, there's a person on youtube putting up scenes of VII with English subtitles if anyone cares for that. Nothing too spoilery at the moment.

Yeah, that was a pretty great fight, they could really use more like it.

What's the deal with Next Forms anyway? Do they consume extra shares on top of a normal transformation? Do they have...any actual benefits beyond level 2 EXE and looking cool? They don't seem to actually raise stats according to the status screen. Nor do Golden forms, though those seem to at least extend the EXE attacks. Don't really understand the point in either. I've been spamming Golden forms just because they don't (I think) eat shares and look cool is all.

Also, do you have any more info on exactly how the shares stuff work? Do EXE/formation/coupling skills also consume it? I seem to have insanely few shares for doing most quests and not dying all that often.

Vylash

Well jeez, that sure is disappointing news. You sure it's not just the intro areas like in RB2?
What an odd thing after RB2, Noire and U got a full 1:1 treatment.

it starts off with a completely new scenario that's fully voiced, but so far everything that wasn't voiced in victory (a lot)isn't voiced here either

Sir TapTap

Actually kind of annoyed they've put rebirth 2 on sale so steep so soon, but if you're looking to buy yeah that's a great price.

Also definitely buy the Nep 1 character DLC if you haven't with it so cheap. The characters are all pretty great (fully voiced in combat, all their moves from Victory, and histy is totally new and her attacks are cool)

I am very sad.
Was looking forward to a bigger dub.
Sigh.

Was hoping for that too, though I'm sure a priority for the rebirths was keeping costs low (I wonder, do they reuse the actual recordings from Victory or did they have to redo? I havent' started my copy yet).

I'll be really disappointed if Victory 2 isn't fully voiced though

Vylash

Was hoping for that too, though I'm sure a priority for the rebirths was keeping costs low (I wonder, do they reuse the actual recordings from Victory or did they have to redo? I havent' started my copy yet).

the translation differs in a bunch of places so that stuff is all redone, an example is this line from victory

Q91Ggv4.jpg

compared to the same line in rebirth 3

so obviously that stuff is redone, but they reuse the victory recordings for everything else

also megaton, stella is voiced! we did it!

HGH

Banned
Stella did not survive...

Questions
I... really don't know the answer to all this technical stuff. Sorry man.
Although I was certain the NEXT form had big stat boosts, I could have sworn damage numbers really went up after activating them. Maybe it's confirmation bias.
it starts off with a completely new scenario that's fully voiced, but so far everything that wasn't voiced in victory (a lot)isn't voiced here either
Actually kind of annoyed they've put rebirth 2 on sale so steep so soon, but if you're looking to buy yeah that's a great price.

I'll be really disappointed if Victory 2 isn't fully voiced though
Awww... But ReBirth 2 was 1:1 with the Japanese version! And Noire! And U(ok U is a pretty tiny game but still)! Maybe RB3 just has way more scenes so they had to pick and choose? I'm just scratching my head over the logic in play here. And with how OQ came out I'm really worried now about VII too...

Also if you got RB2 at 50% off I'm pretty sure you can refund it and get it for 70% now, no questions asked. Weird thing is RB2 isn't listed on the daily page sales cause there's no Franchise page for the series.

Gradon

Why does Rei now have a lisp...?

Also yeah the dub thing has lowered my excitement, considering Victory II is three games in one, I am very, very worried.
You'd think with the Japanese voice track being free DLC that Re;birth 3 would be jam packed with voicing.

Oh btw did the Original Compa never make it into Re;birth 3? Compile-chan was it?

HGH

Banned
Yeah, Compile didn't carry over. So basically, the only version she was ever in is Japanese PS3 Victory.

Weird. I wonder if Sega really did get in the way of that.

Chariot

Also if you got RB2 at 50% off I'm pretty sure you can refund it and get it for 70% now, no questions asked. Weird thing is RB2 isn't listed on the daily page sales cause there's no Franchise page for the series.
If you played less than 2 hours. But well, I don't want to whine, I had fun and that 20% isn't that much money. Just a bit irrtated about the now inckming price decay of cards, backgrounds and emoticons :mad:

Sir TapTap

the translation differs in a bunch of places so that stuff is all redone, an example is this line from victory

I don't mind her stuttering but a lisp is a bit much

How much am I going to hate Stella?
Stella did not survive...

I... really don't know the answer to all this technical stuff. Sorry man.
Although I was certain the NEXT form had big stat boosts, I could have sworn damage numbers really went up after activating them. Maybe it's confirmation bias.

Awww... But ReBirth 2 was 1:1 with the Japanese version! And Noire! And U(ok U is a pretty tiny game but still)! Maybe RB3 just has way more scenes so they had to pick and choose? I'm just scratching my head over the logic in play here. And with how OQ came out I'm really worried now about VII too...

I'll have to play with the Next forms more then, maybe it's a straight damage boost that doesn't show on stats since the equips don't actualyl change. I just really don't like the shares thing so I avoid using them but maybe you can easily grind shares. There's a lot of the game I'm basically ignoring (disks, non-essential crafting, shares) due to the language barrier.

Was rebirth 2 really 1:1? I could swear some stuff was unvoiced but I didn't listen to the JP one. Victory 2 will be the first time I've listened to it in full (and it's 100% voiced except from optional Chirper events)

And RE: steam refunds, at least for the Cheaper Now reason they refund CRAZY fast (16 minutes in my case). I had 4 hours (I used Idle Master) in and only the achievement for starting the game, they refunded. Now, the money still isn't in my account so I had to add more money to my Steam wallet, but since Im' sure I'll buy stuff on Steam again it's not a big deal IMO.

It'd be neat if they could just automatically do that/have a single click button in the event of that happening, because Steam Sales have a lot of "SORRY it's cheaper now, DORK!" bullshit, hence the "don't buy unless it's a daily deal, flash sale or last day of the sale" flowcharts

HGH

Banned
So apparently IFI had an E3 booth? Some quotes about RB3:
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2015/3367.html
Extra NPCs will be available as DLC, which will be released on launch day in North America and Europe the following week.
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3: V Generation is slated to release on PS Vita in North America on June 30th, with a European release to follow on July 3rd. As a bonus, three PS Vita themes will also be released as DLC when the game launches. Keep an eye out for our review later this summer.

Was rebirth 2 really 1:1? I could swear some stuff was unvoiced but I didn't listen to the JP one. Victory 2 will be the first time I've listened to it in full (and it's 100% voiced except from optional Chirper events)
Yes it was, despite what some people say and can't seem to get. The Japanese audio isn't fully voiced in the first place anyway, which seems to be what causes confusion.

Sir TapTap

Extra NPCs will be available as DLC, which will be released on launch day in North America and Europe the following week.

Augh which also means I won't be able to use them when reviewing the game. I hate Free DLC (vs patched in content) even more since this became an issue. Who's DLC now?

Yes it was, despite what some people say and can't seem to get. The Japanese audio isn't fully voiced in the first place anyway, which seems to be what causes confusion.

Ah, that would excuse RB2 (it's about of VA wasn't bad anyway, IIRC Victory and reb 1 were the worst in that regard). I just keep hoping they'll start fully voicing the series, that and some polish issues continue to be a bit embarrassing considering it's their Big Game (though Victory 2 seems pretty well polished--now I just want a hard mode or something).

I don't really hate on them too much for the low dub % though, other people seem to take it way more seriously.

Gradon

Augh which also means I won't be able to use them when reviewing the game. I hate Free DLC (vs patched in content) even more since this became an issue. Who's DLC now?

MarvelousAQL
Tekken
CyberConnect2
Broccoli
5pb.
MAGES.
Falcom
Falcom (Ultradimension)
IF
Compa
Child IF
Child Compa
Histoire
Chika
Kei
Mina
Cave
RED

Don't think I missed anyone.

Gradon

You forgot Cave.

And RED. I am ashamed.

I don't really hate on them too much for the low dub % though, other people seem to take it way more seriously.

I don't hate on them but it hinders my enjoyment a lot, it just feels really unprofessional and is jarring to enter fully voiced scenes and then the next important story scene being completely unvoiced. I just don't get the same enjoyment out of the humour and story when there is lack of voicing, its a personal pet peeve. Not that it'll ever affect my purchasing decisions because this franchise is one of my favourites.

Vylash

I didn't think neptunia burnout was possible for me but I'm really feeling it going through rebirth 3 right now, glad another one won't be localized for a decent amount of time, also tap tap it seems like some plans are locked behind Stella's Dungeon, enjoy <3

Blanc website updated with the screens Vylash posted above, and also art for the Candidates:
dat nepgear

PK Gaming

compared to the same line in rebirth 3

so obviously that stuff is redone, but they reuse the victory recordings for everything else

What the HECK did they do to best girl Rei's lines.

Don't tell me that's her new thing...

HGH

Banned
Yeah I don't get why anyone would think that's a permanent impediment. Rewriting every line to make her shlur every word would be both exchtra work, annoying, and shilly. Plush her main gimmick(if any) is shtuttering.

Also came across a weird blog/rant/thing that's kinda sorta relevant? It gets a bit disjointed as it goes on though...

Sir TapTap

BTW, anyone read enough Japanese to help me translate some menus/items in Victory 2? Not the whole game, but I'd like to be able to say what some menus do and maybe disk descriptions. Most of the rest of the game I can just explain or long time neptunia players can get due to icons/skill appearances/numbers. I'm SO glad this is the first game where they started using proper icons for enemies/items

And RED. I am ashamed.

I don't hate on them but it hinders my enjoyment a lot, it just feels really unprofessional and is jarring to enter fully voiced scenes and then the next important story scene being completely unvoiced. I just don't get the same enjoyment out of the humour and story when there is lack of voicing, its a personal pet peeve. Not that it'll ever affect my purchasing decisions because this franchise is one of my favourites.

Unprofessional is my main problem at this point, it's a modestly big series, and their biggest, and it's frustrating to see the same few complaints pop up and it'd make the series easier to recommend in general. Though Victory 2 seems to do quite a lot of polish I've been hoping for since...MK2 even.

i think it's fine since she's super nervous in that screenshot

i dunno, i barely use stella, at least not enough to get upset like you crazy platinum trophy people

I have major anxiety problems and I don't think I've ever spontaneously lisped. Even anime-stuttering is prett heavy handed but I guess the reality of struggling to speak (mostly just pausing) isn't Cinematic enough or whatever.
TV tropes warning

(dlc char list)

Oh wow, they went all out which is exactly what I hoped they would do with their backlog of Makers! ...but that means I won't be able to use them while reviewing and I was really hoping to play from the start with Chika, Histoire and a few others I didn't get to play enough. Oh well, I'm not sure I'll play this one fully before release date like I did with *w* Quintet, that was a ton of work and I already know a lot about this one. And I still have Victory 2 to play.

It'd be cool if they'd add the Makers/etc back into Victory 2 this way, though they'd kinda stand out since they majorly rebalanced the Maker characters to...not suck.

So I bought Rebirth 1 on Steam even though I haven't touched my Vita copy yet....then someone bought me the second one. Yet I still don't want to get rid of my Vita copies.

To cute to sell.

Is there any DLC for 1 that I should grab?

Sir TapTap

So I bought Rebirth 1 on Steam even though I haven't touched my Vita copy yet....then someone bought me the second one. Yet I still don't want to get rid of my Vita copies.

To cute to sell.

Is there any DLC for 1 that I should grab?

What no never sell physical copies unless you have the game. Even then I kinda wish I had my Sonic 06 copy to laugh at. FWIW I own both on PC and may never play 'em. Maybe years down the line if I'm nostalgic and they haven't made a new one in a while

Get the character DLC for Rebirth 1, definitely. Insanely worth it even if you only use one of the characters.

Level cap DLC is useful if you play way beyond postgame like I do and will moderately speed up your 100% achievement progress due to the stupid awful billionaire achievement. It's extremely unnecessary to beat the game.

edit:
Yeah I don't get why anyone would think that's a permanent impediment. Rewriting every line to make her shlur every word would be both exchtra work, annoying, and shilly. Plush her main gimmick(if any) is shtuttering.

Also came across a weird blog/rant/thing that's kinda sorta relevant? It gets a bit disjointed as it goes on though...

I admit I only skimmed it, but it raises some great points. It's really sad how Neptunia games have MASSIVELY improved and most reviewers/gamers just aren't having it. Nope nope nope it's compile heart, can't be good, haha that old game had a framedrop this one must be bad, blah blah blah. I don't think I've ever seen a series improve as quickly and consistently as Neptunia from HDN1 through Rebirths through Victory 2. The world is really bad at celebrating small developers improving. Come to think of it, Senran Kagura has improved a ton too, I was very impressed with Estival Versus fixing almost every single complaint I had about Shinovi Versus.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Guys.... do you have any more hints for me with scouting in V? :( (Just got back to the game after a long break).

I definitely won't be able to get the true ending on my first run, as it appears that I missed 3 key items >_< Still, I figured I should at LEAST try and unlock some dungeons. At least, I assume I can even without having all 5 key items?

I've been sending out my scouts for a bit now, leveling them up a bit, finding some items... and that's about it. I've been looking through guides and have yet to find any new scouts from said dungeons either. I have of course not unlocked any new dungeons either. Is there a trick to it? Like you need to go to specific dungeons to unlock new ones (like they true ending ones)? The ONLY thing I uncovered (and maybe it wasn't even through scouting) was "some atelier" (Gust?) and it's not even clickable.

But yeah any tricks would help. I only have the 5 default ones, don't really want to buy the DLC for the 3 pack, and yeah. I just don't want to be spending hours on this if there's an easier way do it it. That's one thing the scouting guides aren't very specific about when it comes to the true ending dungeons :/

EDIT: Also just uncovered some ruins, the "Big X Building" on Leanbox, but once again not clickable :/
Edit 2: Found Old Mako Reactor in Lastation (ALSO unclickable), but no sign of Vita le Dimension. Is there a point to these unclickable places?
Edit 3: FINALLY found Vita le Dimension! I kept going to the Soni Wetlands in hopes of finding a new scout, but nothing. I did give Iffy 10,000 so maybe money is a factor.

Ok new BIG question before I continue: With the dungeon up, since I don't have the items for the true ending, do I view the event in the dungeon NOW or wait until the second play through? I don't want to view it now and get screwed or wait to long or have the event go away :x I did make a new save slot, but I feel like I should beat the game first before I uncover all the dungeons. Probably the best idea?

Athian

Neo Member
Not sure if anyone's checked it out, but neptunia has seen a decent increase in sales since the steam sale started, check it out http://steamspy.com/sale arrange by increase.

I wonder what level of sales are need for IF to keep releasing their games on pc.

HGH

Banned
So the new Dengeki came out with some pictures of God-Eater. Gematsu reported on it and... yep she looks exactly like you'd expect, with that fanservicey outfit pretty much 1:1. No hat though.
Better news though is that Uzume gets to be playable again in Blanc's game!
Not sure if anyone's checked it out, but neptunia has seen a decent increase in sales since the steam sale started, check it out http://steamspy.com/sale arrange by increase.

I wonder what level of sales are need for IF to keep releasing their games on pc.
Yeah, the numbers are pretty crazy. Almost a good 100K combined between both games.
Guys.... do you have any more hints for me with scouting in V? :( (Just got back to the game after a long break).

I'm totally sorry I can't help. Scouting is so random. I hope everything worked out for you.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm totally sorry I can't help. Scouting is so random. I hope everything worked out for you.

Well as the edits show, I did find one place, but I never clicked on it. I assume with NG+ you have to find the dungeons all over again, or if you haven't visited it yet, will the event still be there?

Sir TapTap

After 60 hours with the Japanese voices my only new complaint about the English ones is that Uni doesn't get the cool deeper voice in HDD mode in English. The HDD voices in general seem less focused on...hard to blame them since they're so rarely used though. I think I heard more lines in HDD in Neptunia U than in all other games combined. I kinda wish you could just treat forms as outfits and go floating around on the map in HDD for that reason.

Lordy help me I think I'm going to do a sort-of guide for import Victory 2 (but haven't been playing recently), anyone know any English info sources that haven't been mentioned in this thread?

Still have no idea how any of the true ending stuff works (and haven't even beaten it normally actually) but be sure to let me know if you get more specifics.

god eater-chan looks awesome, and i guess Uzume will be a regular character now?

I hope her personality is worth keeping if so. I can't understand most of it and she doesn't seem terrible or anything, but the excessive Sega focus is kind of annoying and Plutia was a bit one-trick-pony. I noticed in V2 that there is one Leanbox character and FOUR Planeptune ones, and that's after Plutia is omitted. Granted one is a Neptune "clone". It's weird in general that Planeptune gets explicit per-console CPUs while the others just feel like general brand-reps now. They should let us use (V2 spoilers even though EVERYONE has seen that image)
Verts little sisters since they already look better than Rom and Ram

God Eater looks...I guess I should have expected that yeah. Man there's going to be SO many characters, I'm glad switching doesn't eat a turn anymore in Victory 2 (at least I think it used to). I change my party all the time to keep trying to use everyone.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Still have no idea how any of the true ending stuff works (and haven't even beaten it normally actually) but be sure to let me know if you get more specifics.

I have an idea of what I'll do. I'm going to grind a bit today and see how it goes. I at least want to get the normal ending so I can start my second play through. Need to do a bit more colleseum grinding first though since
Yellow Heart is a pain in the butt with her one-shots, even with Blanc adding defence to everyone and Plutia trying to counter her >_>.
I think it's the last battle of the normal route.

Honestly, I wouldn't try to get the true route but since it actually ADDS chapters of content, I kind of feel like I need to in this case :/ Not like mk2 when I get one ending and just Youtube the others. Well, I'll probably Youtube the good ending though.

I really hope Re;Birth 3 fixes some issues with V though. Is there much differences with them? Still super grindy and annoying with scouts?

Sir TapTap

Uhhhh Mk2 literally adds chapters of content for true end too though. Only the normal ending extensions were weird fluff, normal and conquest were pretty significant.

Victory 2 has changed more than I expected but I'm not very far at all. Just about to fall into Ultradimension, I've barely gotten to play it yet. It pulls some minor stuff from Victory 2 (a fifth combo hit) and Mk2 (the weird SP system). Also enemies despawn mid-combo so you can't farm SP as easily, unsure if Mk2 did that or not, it's been years.

Top Bottom