• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperkin has created a... Super Nintendo-themed mechanical keyboard?

Phil Fish

Banned
Lots of SFC guys here, heh.

Come now, we all know this was the superior model :')

SNES4.png

Damn that is pretty ugly, but I am not a fan of the grey/purple of the American SNES anyway.

Edit: I've never heard of Gaote switches. I dunno man.
damn that pic posted. You know the one...

Aparently it is an unmarked Outemu switch (same manufacturer).
The following from reddit shows it to be heavier than Cherry blue.
SFGwjQ2.jpg

LordOfChaos

That looks nice, but for 100 dollars you should be able to get a mechanical keyboard with actual Cherry switches, not 'cherry compatible'.

Justinh

Damn that is pretty ugly, but I am not a fan of the grey/purple of the American SNES anyway.

Aparently it is an unmarked Outemu switch (same manufacturer).
The following from reddit shows it to be heavier than Cherry blue.
SFGwjQ2.jpg

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Oh, that Super Nintendo. Not for me, although it would be funny if they followed the American SNES concave/convex scheme.

Right. I'm a proud American, but god damn, I hate that gray and purple American SNES color scheme. Last year I imported a couple of Super Famicom controllers from Japan just to get the superior button coloring.

Cool concept, but I will not be getting this keyboard.

Thanks for handling this. Not sure where or how you could obtain that set now.

I'm pretty sure that group buy failed. So nobody has the set.
I think the starter was looking to try again, though unless the MOQ or price is lower, it may just fail again.

hitsugi

I'm pretty sure that group buy failed. So nobody has the set.
I think the starter was looking to try again, though unless the MOQ or price is lower, it may just fail again.

oh that's sad D: i'd go for them even though they were up there in price....

hoserx

Seems they're going the generic switches, but using the shaped the same as cherry approach so you can replace all of these keycaps and eliminate the entire point of owning this "themed" board.

novabolt

Don't worry guys, I'm trying to get this keyboard taken down because you know, no fun allowed and all that jazz.

Seriously, the keyboard looks nice in my opinion.

I didn't know the NA SNES color shceme was so hated. Purple and Lavender for life. I feel that design language lived on through GBC, GBA, and Gamecube with the purple default colors.

PAL SNES and JP SFC looks like Playskool shit with those Skittles-ass buttons imo

Onemic

That looks so....ugly

I loved the colours for the SNES, but I'd only want them on the SNES. That thing is an abomination.

GlamFM

Banned
Almost great if it wasn´t for the purple bit at the top with the company logo on it.

Now make a Super Famicom one.

Top Bottom