• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Legends |OT| Linkle, Linkle, Little Star.

$17.95 for Wii U version at various Target Stores. YMMV

that being said, I bought and played through the first three levels and had a blast. Impa is so stylish with her attacks.

Thanks for all the tips and tricks in the thread. I have some reading to do.

suberzat

$17.95 for Wii U version at various Target Stores. YMMV

that being said, I bought and played through the first three levels and had a blast. Impa is so stylish with her attacks.

Thanks for all the tips and tricks in the thread. I have some reading to do.

Where did you start reading for tips and tricks?

I picked this plus the DLC up and ran through the first few sequences - had a blast. I'd like to know how saving works though. I shut the game off after missing the first gold skulltula and it loaded back to the very beginning. I could've swore it saved at some point.

Camjo-Z

tfw there are 3 dlc adventure maps out already and i'm just now getting to master quest

I picked this plus the DLC up and ran through the first few sequences - had a blast. I'd like to know how saving works though. I shut the game off after missing the first gold skulltula and it loaded back to the very beginning. I could've swore it saved at some point.

The game autosaves after every level, and in Legends Mode you can save mid-battle by choosing "Save Progress" from the pause menu.

Camjo-Z

My first Musou game and am having an absolute blast with this as I had expected. A lot of game in this cartridge and they did a great job, imo, making this feel like a Zelda title. Not an easy accomplishment when using the blueprint of an entirely different franchise.

Just got the Master Sword :)

QUESTION: DLC, any of those anyone would recommend? I'm more curious about new levels than I am characters, per se.

Depends on what you mean by "levels". None of the DLC adds actual new environments to the game, but they all have their own new Adventure Mode map with more missions to play. I've liked all of the packs so far.

Sober

Depends on what you mean by "levels". None of the DLC adds actual new environments to the game, but they all have their own new Adventure Mode map with more missions to play. I've liked all of the packs so far.
Wait, so you just play the same set of levels in different adventure mode maps?

Then why don't the adventure maps get released for the WiiU version then? Unless I'm understanding wrong since (I haven't played any adventure mode) it seems like Adventure mode overworld is just a 2d pixel art map with some different mechanics that launches you into the maps for battles.

Then why don't the adventure maps get released for the WiiU version then? Unless I'm understanding wrong since (I haven't played any adventure mode) it seems like Adventure mode overworld is just a 2d pixel art map with some different mechanics that launches you into the maps for battles.

They would have to change/rebalance them for the WiiU as that version doesn't have character switching, owl statues, fairy magic etc.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Beyond the gameplay changes and balance changes that Baloonatic mentioned, don't forget that the 3DS version also has two level environments that aren't in the Wii U version.

Fandangox

Is Toon Zelda supposed to be out? I bought the new pack sometime ago for the wii u version (checking the eShop says I have it) but I haven't gotten Link's weapon nor the character. Even after exiting and entering the game a few times. Reading online the content seems to be out, but Im not getting it for some reason.

VandalD

Even if I already have the version for Wii U... is this worth it??
If you really liked it on Wii U, and you don't mind essentially starting over with your save, and you have a New 3DS, I'd say yes, especially if you haven't bought any of the Wii U DLC that comes packed in with the 3DS version.

Razmos

Is Toon Zelda supposed to be out? I bought the new pack sometime ago for the wii u version (checking the eShop says I have it) but I haven't gotten Link's weapon nor the character. Even after exiting and entering the game a few times. Reading online the content seems to be out, but Im not getting it for some reason.
Find Legends on the e-shop and press the update button

Gotcha, thanks. Not gonna lie, whats her name from the LA pack looks fun as hell to play as.

Do the DLCs ever go on sale?

I find Marin really fun and she's rather powerful as well. With a full blue bar her strong attack completely destroys everything.

I think my least favourite characters to play as are:

Agitha - She has been my least favourite since first playing as her on the WiiU version. Slow and boring moveset and seems to do a pitiful amount of damage no matter what. I think they even buffed her in a patch not long after the original release but she is still bad. She might actually win the award for worst ever character in a Warriors game.

Cia and Wizzro - They both feel pretty limited. With Cia you might as well use her YX combo only and Wizzro just kind of sucks.

King Daphnes - He makes a really fucking annoying noise everytime he attacks. His moveset is also just not that useful.

I'll basically avoid using the above characters wherever possible. I'm not a fan of Zelda outside of the Dominion Rod either.

Kinsei

Banned
I find Marin really fun and she's rather powerful as well. With a full blue bar her strong attack completely destroys everything.

Agitha - She has been my least favourite since first playing as her on the WiiU version. Slow and boring moveset and seems to do a pitiful amount of damage no matter what. I think they even buffed her in a patch not long after the original release but she is still bad. She might actually win the award for worst ever character in a Warriors game.

Cia and Wizzro - They both feel pretty limited. With Cia you might as well use her YX combo only and Wizzro just kind of sucks.

King Daphnes - He makes a really fucking annoying noise everytime he attacks. His moveset is also just not that useful.

I'll basically avoid using the above characters wherever possible. I'm not a fan of Zelda outside of the Dominion Rod either.

The King is awesome. Having HA before killing 90 gold skulltulas is incredibly useful.

I also really like Wizzro but it feels like he should be in a different game. His traps really don't fit in with the fast paced nature of this game (Especially when you're going for A ranks).

Camjo-Z

Generally agree with these (although I think Wizzro can have his moments with that YXXX attack.) The worst characters are the ones who are not only slow, but don't even have strength to make up for it. I never mind sitting through Ganandorf's giant hand swipe because I know it's going to clear a whole keep, but waiting around for Agitha's pitiful beetle that misses its target 90% of the time to drop is just painful.

Kinsei

Banned
Generally agree with these (although I think Wizzro can have his moments with that YXXX attack.) The worst characters are the ones who are not only slow, but don't even have strength to make up for it. I never mind sitting through Ganandorf's giant hand swipe because I know it's going to clear a whole keep, but waiting around for Agitha's pitiful beetle that misses its target 90% of the time to drop is just painful.

That's why I never use that move on regular enemies. I only find it useful for taking out boss weak points. My go to combos for Agitha are C2 (to juggle officers), C4 (the tornado), and C5 (the rushing beetle).

It sucks that she sucks because if her moves were a bit faster then I think she'd be a great character.

Richie

This version doesn't have the Wii U's rupee glitch, and it also gives you notoriously less rupees for both Reward Map scenarios and Network Link encounters. Earlier on, with the level cap at 99, it didn't matter.

Now that we're at level 200 and further, I'm looking for the most efficient ways to grind rupees here. What do you guys recommend?

For outright leveling up characters, I stopped using the bottom left corner of Master Quest Map, and I'm now using "Win the KO competition! Lv.8" on the Great Sea. It makes my warriors grow 7 levels in a single go, provided I have the EXP Accelerator on and they, too, have a +EXP in their weapons. I'm not far into either DLC pack nor have I unlocked the Majora's Mask or the Twilight Princess maps; are there even better ways to level up in those?

Kinsei

Banned
This version doesn't have the Wii U's rupee glitch, and it also gives you notoriously less rupees for both Reward Map scenarios and Network Link encounters. Earlier on, with the level cap at 99, it didn't matter.

Now that we're at level 200 and further, I'm looking for the most efficient ways to grind rupees here. What do you guys recommend?

For outright leveling up characters, I stopped using the bottom left corner of Master Quest Map, and I'm now using "Win the KO competition! Lv.8" on the Great Sea. It makes my warriors grow 7 levels in a single go, provided I have the EXP Accelerator on and they, too, have a +EXP in their weapons. I'm not far into either DLC pack nor have I unlocked the Majora's Mask or the Twilight Princess maps; are there even better ways to level up in those?

The end of the Termina (Majora's Mask map) is great for rupee farming. The map has a bonus that gives you two weapon drops instead of one (The Twilight map also has this bonus, but for materials instead of weapons) . Go to the red section, use the weapon rank up potion, and equip a weapon with Slots+ and Stars+. You'll make good money selling the weapons you get.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Link Between Worlds map gave us a ton of rupees because of how important they are in that game.

Piers

So, is the adventure mode still rough to go through? Never finished it due to failing some of the harder parts on the map.

Zant's Lv. 3 mission isn't insane micro-managing now.

Agitha's bread and butter is suppose to be launching enemies into the air and wailing on them with her butterfly. The problem is that the enemies you'd want to actually do this on (Captains) immediately break out of the juggle and render it useless. Which is a shame because with her butterfly, she is potentially rather good at one-on-one duels.
Fi also seems like she's suppose to be great at handling large crowds, but she does utterly crap damage unless you constantly pause to do her buff up technique.

You're right about King Daphnes two lines of voice recording, too. I also hate Tetra because she makes a weird sounding penguin scream when attacked.

DrMungo

bought this game recently ahd found it enjoyable.
I play on 3DS XL - not the new 3DS
I think its playable. Its a little hyperbolic to call it "unplayable" on 3ds. Framerates are slower but stable which is key.

young'uns here must have never played Mortal Kombat on the original Game Boy...

TheMoon

bought this game recently ahd found it enjoyable.
I play on 3DS XL - not the new 3DS
I think its playable. Its a little hyperbolic to call it "unplayable" on 3ds. Framerates are slower but stable which is key.

young'uns here must have never played Mortal Kombat on the original Game Boy...

if you see the word "unplayable" somewhere, assume it to be very hyperbolic and not true because unless it's broken and crashes or doesn't boot or doesn't actually work it's not unplayable. ^^

If someone's talking about framerate and adds any sort of evaluation beyond "smooth" or "stutters" then immediately ignore it unless you know you share a similar perception of framerates as that person already :)

Sober

I just started Samurai Warriors 4-II, and you can switch characters in that game with a button press, or even pausing there is the option. There's also the touch screen on the gamepad (though I guess you can't ensure everyone has one)

why

Richie

New Spotpass gifts!

1,000,000 rupees
5 Delicious Pumpkin Soups
5 Delicious Sacred Waters
5 Delicious Mushroom Spores and
5 Delicious Pumpkins.

The end of the Termina (Majora's Mask map) is great for rupee farming. The map has a bonus that gives you two weapon drops instead of one (The Twilight map also has this bonus, but for materials instead of weapons) . Go to the red section, use the weapon rank up potion, and equip a weapon with Slots+ and Stars+. You'll make good money selling the weapons you get.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Link Between Worlds map gave us a ton of rupees because of how important they are in that game.

Hey, thanks a bunch for this; somehow missed it. Will try!

Junahu

How does that work considering the 3DS does have the Wii U maps?
The 3DS includes the WiiU DLC characters, and five additional characters, as part of the main roster. The new adventure mode maps make frequent use of these new characters, which would be impossible to do in a WiiU version because the characters are a separate purchase.

NeonZ

How does that work considering the 3DS does have the Wii U maps?

The Wii U Adventure maps have been tweaked in many ways for the 3ds version. The distribution of hearts and weapons is almost entirely different. They generally keep the same stages and overall goals (which means they never use the new Wind Waker stages and enemies in the old maps, or the new variations of old stages), but enemy hp/damage are all tweaked for the 3ds' progression (Originally, in the Wii U, almost all weapons from lvl1 to 3 were in the initial NES map, with Master Quest having the ones for Cia, Volga and Wizro), use different characters when appropriate (like how the former DLC and plain new characters are often the bosses of the missions where unlock them) and some missions receive owl statues alongside the new gimmicky enemies like the chieftain-variaions introduced in the Cia DLC story stages being added to the original Adventure map.

While I do miss the shinier graphics of the Wii U version, it's perfect to pick up and play.

Was looking at the DLC and it looks like the Legends of Hyrule Season Pass will contain all 3 packs (1 unreleased)? The pass is around $20 and each pack is around $10 so it looks like a pretty good deal.

Won't get the DLC yet since I'm only on the Great Sea Map.

Kinsei

Banned
While I do miss the shinier graphics of the Wii U version, it's perfect to pick up and play.

Was looking at the DLC and it looks like the Legends of Hyrule Season Pass will contain all 3 packs (1 unreleased)? The pass is around $20 and each pack is around $10 so it looks like a pretty good deal.

Won't get the DLC yet since I'm only on the Great Sea Map.

It's 4 packs (with 1 unreleased). Yeah, it is a pretty great deal.

Almost unlocked all the squares in the Great Sea map.

The one where you have to defeat Phantom Ganon, Imprisoned, and Ganon in 10 minutes is crazy. I was using Ganondorf (level 50, Trident) and needed to deplete the Imprisoned's WPG 4-5 times to kill it, and that took like 6 minutes.

Of course they needed to throw the 3 hardest Giant Bosses in the game against me.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Any word on when the last DLC goes live in NA?

Also, props to you, kamikazekoala. I'll probably be dead before I manage to do what you've done.

Razmos

By the time I get anywhere near completing this game the switch version will be announced and the cycle will begin anew lol

Camjo-Z

Also, props to you, kamikazekoala. I'll probably be dead before I manage to do what you've done.

The DLC has been live for a while, I had to go into the eShop and directly download the update though. Haven't used them much yet but Yuga and Ravio are already more creative than Toon Zelda.

The DLC has been live for a while, I had to go into the eShop and directly download the update though. Haven't used them much yet but Yuga and Ravio are already more creative than Toon Zelda.

How do you do this on Wii U? It's easy to do on 3DS because the option is right there. I can't find it on Wii U though.

Razmos

How do you do this on Wii U? It's easy to do on 3DS because the option is right there. I can't find it on Wii U though.
The way that always worked for me is to completely close the game, find Hyrule Warriors on the E-shop and go into the add-ons page. Then go back to the main menu and try opening the game again

Richie

By the time I get anywhere near completing this game the switch version will be announced and the cycle will begin anew lol

This is how I feel lol. With any luck they'll release a proper sequel instead.

This last DLC package is so, so much fun. I love both Ravio and Yuga, plus the map itself is great with the added Rupees effect...Now I actually like finding a regular chest upon conquering a keep! Ending up with 22k rupees for a regular ass match done in minutes is lovely (no apothecary either). I really hope there's a rupees competition event, or a high leveled KO-focused square on par with the one in The Great Sea, would rack up moolah like crazy!

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks! I grabbed it. Yuga looks way more interesting than Ravio to me, so hopefully Yuga is fun!

This is how I feel lol. With any luck they'll release a proper sequel instead.

This last DLC package is so, so much fun. I love both Ravio and Yuga, plus the map itself is great with the added Rupees effect...Now I actually like finding a regular chest upon conquering a keep! Ending up with 22k rupees for a regular ass match done in minutes is lovely (no apothecary either). I really hope there's a rupees competition event, or a high leveled KO-focused square on par with the one in The Great Sea, would rack up moolah like crazy!

Whoa, whoa, what is this about rupee grinding? I hadn't heard about this.

RyType

Ravio and Yuga have been pretty fun to use so far, much better than Toon Zelda which felt a bit underwhelming to me. Is this the last bit of dlc? Theres still an empty spot on the character select and I've already unlocked everyone else in the adventure mode.

Well, I already did this on the Wii U version, so most of the stuff were rehearsels for me. Still I had a blast because I just could play this everywhere where I went.

When they released the Wii U version, I secretly wished for a 3DS one, but I thought it wasn't possible. Boy, was I wrong...

If there would be a Switch version, I guess I would do it again...

Kinsei

Banned
Yuga is incredibly fun to use. He's up there as one of my favorite characters to play as.

Ravio and Yuga have been pretty fun to use so far, much better than Toon Zelda which felt a bit underwhelming to me. Is this the last bit of dlc? Theres still an empty spot on the character select and I've already unlocked everyone else in the adventure mode.

Yeah, it's the last one. The empty spot is really bugging me.

Richie

Whoa, whoa, what is this about rupee grinding? I hadn't heard about this.

Every single card in the new map gives you a bonus effect that affects all of the squares (even if you don't use it in its corresponding tile); most of these make specific elements be Recommended across the board, but there's also one that increases the damage you dish out (the Hammer) and one that increases the rupees you get in every stage (the Bomb). You can only have 2 cards active at a time, and the moment you use a third, the effects of the previous two are gone. It's immediately noticeable how many more rupees you earn when the Bomb card is on effect, so I like having it on at all times if possible.

But forget all about that, ultimately it is just a very nice bonus that adds up rather nicely in the long run. The REAL breadwinner of this stage is that several squares (most of them, actually?) dish out double weapons. It took very little to reach another million rupees after I had used the Spotpass ones.

Oh, and this doesn't have to do with money, but the map also gives you a lot of food too.

SirNinja

I'm never going to even get close to finishing this game. Just cleared the regular Adventure map, and currently working through the Great Sea. The amount of content in this game is absolutely staggering. Plus:

There's this factor as well. I fully expect there will be a Switch version with everything from Legends and its DLC, with a season pass containing four more content packs centering around Adventure of Link, Minish Cap, Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild, adding an Adventure Mode board for each (and, of course, new characters/weapons/abilities/outfits/mixtures/fairies/skills/etc). Bank on it.

I beat the last Great Sea level to unlock the Master Quest map. Still got a lot of Skulltulas and heart pieces to get. The end of the game seems impossible to reach.

Also recently discovered Volga and he seems broken. C2 kills everything except Great Bosses.

Top Bottom