• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: new official website update (June 26) [Up: full-size screenshots]

Metal B

The only important element missing for the playable characters are the other races of Hyrule. They could take all the sages and would get a variable cast. It would be great to have all of them get one represent, because there are a lot of possibilities here.

After watching the Treehouse video on this game, it just further cements to me that this game isn't for me.

Which makes me sad. I love Twilight Princess, and all the Zelda love that is going into this game is amazing. I just don't care for the gameplay. :/
Yeah, I still can't tell if I'll like the gameplay or not even after watching all the Treehouse stuff. If my boyfriend plays it with me and it's not too mindless, loud and repetitive I may get into it otherwise it looks to be....I haven't decided yet. I'll probably buy it on disc so I can trade it in if it's truly unappealing gameplay wise.

The only important element missing for the playable characters are the other races of Hyrule. They could take all the sages and would get a variable cast. It would be great to have all of them get one represent, because there are a lot of possibilities here.

Yeah; at the very least I'm hoping for a Goron and a Zora.

the wait for the next 3 playable characters will suck

I wonder if Famitsu is he one they gave weekly updates to

maybe we get leaks early next week and wait for wednesday nights again

the DLC brings a whole new element to the number of playable characters since Hyrule Warriors Link and the DLC Twilight Princess Link will share the same slot maybe and not count as a different character

Neiteio

I foresee diversity threads here when it turns out the cast is comprised entirely of white Hylians (plus Midna)

L~A

new trailer in 2 or so hours hopefully

I really doubt there's going to be a new trailer today, they would've uploaded it at the same time they updated the website.

Maybe you should ask a mod to put a date in the title cause Im pretty sure we had a title almost 1:1 to this.

To be fair, the thread you're mentionning had this title : "Hyrule Warriors : official website opens, new screenshots/artworks". But anyway, gonna ask for a thread title update when we get the full-size screens.

Hastati

Poor Lana fell victim to Koei female sameface. Oh well, it's only a minor annoyance.

She reminds me a bit of the Mario-style female design (current gen Peach or Rosalina), but her design is still pleasant enough and not too fanservicey. I'm kinda hoping she won't have a typical Koei-style hyper voice though (some of their characters sound like they are fueled by High Fructose Battle Cocaine).

Wait, how much talking will these characters actually be doing I wonder??

Neiteio

She reminds me a bit of the Mario-style female design (current gen Peach or Rosalina), but her design is still pleasant enough and not too fanservicey. I'm kinda hoping she won't have a typical Koei-style hyper voice though (some of their characters sound like they are fueled by High Fructose Battle Cocaine).

Wait, how much talking will these characters actually be doing I wonder??
No talking outside of grunts, screams, etc. It's all text, in keeping with Zelda tradition. And when Link "talks," it's actually his fairy that pops up in his text box, speaking for him.

So Lana won't say anything "hyper"... although her battle cry might still sound that way. :)

Neiteio

They gotta have a Goron with that roll ability and a giant hammer. Zora would be cool but unless there are underwater levels I don't see them doing much with one.
Man, they made a move-set for Agitha and you can't imagine a Zora move-set? :p

Have it fight with a giant fishbone sword, shoot waterspouts or slice and dice with retractable fins.

Heck, a Zora could even shoot the fins like boomerangs, like you could in Majora's Mask.

I really doubt there's going to be a new trailer today, they would've uploaded it at the same time they updated the website.

To be fair, the thread you're mentionning had this title : "Hyrule Warriors : official website opens, new screenshots/artworks". But anyway, gonna ask for a thread title update when we get the full-size screens.

but Midna just got her grey video slot ready to go :(

Hastati

No talking outside of grunts, screams, etc. It's all text, in keeping with Zelda tradition. And when Link "talks," it's actually his fairy that pops up in his text box, speaking for him.

So Lana won't say anything "hyper"... although her battle cry might still sound that way. :)

I'm glad to hear that! There's honestly a bit too much chatter in some DQ games for me, and it will make it feel quite a bit more like a Zelda game. Glad that they are paying attention to important traditions :)

Neiteio

By the time they're done with this game, we'll have a roster for a Zelda fighting game!

Someone call the Soulcalibur team, I have an idea for another crossover. :-D

RagnarokX

Man, they made a move-set for Agitha and you can't imagine a Zora move-set? :p

Have it fight with a giant fishbone sword, shoot waterspouts or slice and dice with retractable fins.

Heck, a Zora could even shoot the fins like boomerangs, like you could in Majora's Mask.
But they take double damage from any kind of elemental attack. In MM getting hit by fire or ice was like falling in a pit or instadeath.

nwXtPTo.png

TVQRArG.png

If someone could tell us what the brown and blue box says it would help

because before they showed Zelda's TP DLC she did not have the blue box like Midna has

if Midna has a blue box coming it can only be her true human form I hope

but what does he boxes say?

Neiteio

I missed this video, despite the fact that I was totally absorbed with Nintendo this E3. Thanks.

Love the loading screen. This game may end up lacking depth, but it seems to have quite a bit of charm. Also, Midna looks surprisingly fun! So looking forward to it.
Check out this video as well -- an excerpt from Treehouse's Zelda demo. Shows a lot of speed and variety. I think there'll plenty of depth, especially on higher difficulty levels. I've heard that in other musou games, even the basic enemies can make quick work of you if you aren't careful.

Neiteio

nwXtPTo.png

TVQRArG.png

because before they showed Zelda's TP DLC she did not have the blue box like Midna has

If Midna's true form is in the game, I suspect she'll be a regular unlockable. These DLC costumes look like reskins, and I don't think True Midna could be a simple reskin of Imp Midna. The proportions are completely different.

Aaron

Check out this video as well -- an excerpt from Treehouse's Zelda demo. Shows a lot of speed and variety. I think there'll plenty of depth, especially on higher difficulty levels. I've heard that in other musou games, even the basic enemies can make quick work of you if you aren't careful.
Not really. Attacks from basic enemies don't do much damage, but they stun you for a bit, and leave you open for the enemy general to tear you apart.

Neiteio

I didn't play Skyward Sword, but i hope they have that tongue dude from it, in this; he was pretty cool lookin'.
Ah, you mean Ghirahim.

Probably one of the safest bets. I'd be surprised if he's not on the roster.

Not really. Attacks from basic enemies don't do much damage, but they stun you for a bit, and leave you open for the enemy general to tear you apart.
Ah, OK. That still sounds good to me. :)

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Why is this game so skewed towards Twilight Princess? It's one of the worst Zelda games. There better be some Koholint Island shit up in there.

1. No it isn't.

2. It's also like the second best selling game in the series. It sold almost 6 million copies on Wii and another 1.3 mil on Gamecube.

m0t0k1

Did not know there would be dlc in this game although it was expected since warrior orochi 3 hyper also had dlc. So i still have hope for zelda bikini dlc :D

Neiteio

1. No it isn't.

2. It's also like the second best selling game in the series. It sold almost 6 million copies on Wii and another 1.3 mil on Gamecube.
There definitely is a TP slant so far. It's justified, sales-wise, and I'm not complaining -- but it's there.

I mean, we've now seen TP Kakariko, TP Bridge of Eldin, TP Link DLC, TP Zelda DLC, TP Bulblins, TP Redead Knight, TP Aeralfos, TP Darknut, TP Zant, TP Midna, TP Agitha, TP Twilight Palace, TP Argorok, etc.

Second most is probably Skyward Sword, with the heavy Moblins and Bokoblins and Lizalfos... And then Ocarina of Time, with Impa (I'd argue she's more OoT than SS), the Stalchildren and Stalfos, The moon is from Majora's Mask. The King Dodongo is all-original now that he's been reskinned.

Beyond that, new Link design, new Zelda design... New characters like Cia, Valga, Wizro and Lana.

Still no signs of Wind Waker, the DS Zeldas or any of the 2D Zeldas.

Generally, basic troops serve to gradually wear you down throughout the battle instead of actually being a significant threat themselves. This can range from interrupting your combos if you don't watch your back, to lunging at you with their spear if they've got a running start (gotten hit by this countless times in DW8). The damage is meant to add up over time, which can be significant if you're performing poorly given that health regen is limited in most cases.

Faerith

Neo Member
Look closely and you can see who Lana is (based on).

The little gem in her hair is like the one on --s forehead,
the half cape reminiscent of --s cape (=that weird winglike style),
the colourscheme, the hairstyle (verticaly flipped) minus the tail,
even the legposition in the artwork is v.flipped but the same.
It's human Fi!

If Midna's true form is in the game, I suspect she'll be a regular unlockable. These DLC costumes look like reskins, and I don't think True Midna could be a simple reskin of Imp Midna. The proportions are completely different.

not really sure about reskin even though I called it that, the faces are different hair, TP dowload Zelda is thinner?

Maybe you are right though but Imp Midna can go without the Fused Shadow as DLC too
8QBU9up.png

Phlebas

Banned
There definitely is a TP slant so far. It's justified, sales-wise, and I'm not complaining -- but it's there.

I mean, we've now seen TP Kakariko, TP Bridge of Eldin, TP Link DLC, TP Zelda DLC, TP Bulblins, TP Redead Knight, TP Aeralfos, TP Darknut, TP Zant, TP Midna, TP Agitha, TP Zant, TP Twilight Palace, etc.

Second most is probably Skyward Sword, with the heavy Moblins and Bokoblins and Lizalfos... And then Ocarina of Time, with Impa (I'd argue she's more OoT than SS), the Stalchildren and Stalfos, The moon is from Majora's Mask. The King Dodongo is all-original now that he's been reskinned.

Beyond that, new Link design, new Zelda design... New characters like Cia, Valga, Wizro and Lana.

Really hoping for some Wind Waker love

RagnarokX

I mean, we've now seen TP Kakariko, TP Bridge of Eldin, TP Link DLC, TP Zelda DLC, TP Bulblins, TP Redead Knight, TP Aeralfos, TP Darknut, TP Zant, TP Midna, TP Agitha, TP Zant, TP Twilight Palace, etc.

King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule will be playable
as a boat

Neiteio

King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule will be playable
as a boat
That'd be amazing.

He could ride a perpetual wave that follows him around the battlefield.

When the Bokoblins get home from work and their wives ask about their day, they'll say, "The battle was a wash."

nwXtPTo.png

TVQRArG.png

Brown is for 'full body image' and blue is for the DLC costumes.

Also, the costume DLC is paid. It costs money. 100% confirmed. It says so on the page.
At least in Japan, and if it is in Japan, it better be paid in the West or I'll be pissed.

Playing as Zant? Awesome!
DLC? Not awesome. Better be free. Nintendo generally aren't scumbag like MicoSony when it comes to DLC.

sheesh when are we going to understand this is all Tecmo Koei

they already warned of a lot of DLC content, not free

3 sets come free if you get the Treasure Box special edition

this being Tecmo Koei's game don't expect muck free downloads

Neiteio

Brown is for 'full body image' and blue is for the DLC costumes.

Also, the costume DLC is paid. It costs money. 100% confirmed. It says so on the page.
At least in Japan, and if it is in Japan, it better be paid in the West or I'll be pissed.
Ah c'mon, hope for the best for your Yankee counterparts :p

Top Bottom