• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Having never played a Musou game, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Demo at Target. this weekend (which incidentally led to my purchase of a White PS4 Destiny bundle) I still have it pre-ordered on Amazon and will keep the pre-order. I'm not anticipating anything groundbreaking, but for something that's fun to play. Hyrule Warriors seems to fit that description.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Gettin' my copy from Amazon to get the TP costume. Kind of wanted the SS ones, but I don't have any credit for Best Buy & at the moment, I'm only paying $11 for the game at the moment thanks to gift cards.

Hoping that day 1 patch won't take long to download.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Oh and also if you want any gifs, quotes or stuff in the OP, just reply it here and I'll put it in. Share them cool gifs!

insta.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I already received my Ocarina of Time DLC code. Didn't even know I was getting it, so that was cool. I wish I got Skyward Sword instead though.

Oh yeah, those costumes. Maybe I should pre-order it just to save myself whatever it a costume set costs. But TP's set it from GAME and that's a no go option. :(

Akzel

I'm a huge fan of Musou and Zelda and I was hyped about that game but now I feel .. meh .. Not sure I'll buy it. I'll play it yes but buying it .. not sure anymore.

JerkShep

When it will be out on eshop for Europe? Friday? I might buy it considering the 10% discount and the Premium credits. Hope it doesn't occupy half of the internal hdd though.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Reviews for a Musou game are bad by definition unless you're Jim Sterling because no god damn journalist understands these games besides him.

Seriously, do *not* count on reviews for this. A lot of people are clueless and dismiss them as just exercises in button mashing while it really is much deeper than that.

There *are* bad Musou games - Hokuto Musou 2 is particularly bad (I liked the first one, but they took away everything that made it unique) but they are all different enough that they feel like variations on a concept.

Gameplay wise, Dynasty Warriors != Samurai Warriors != One Piece Warriors != Hokuto != Gundam Warriors != Warriors Oroch != Hyrule Warriors. They all differ greatly. At first glance, they all have a similar feel, but their underlying systems are all different. Combos, progression, weapons, skills, etc. are all wildly different for each game.

It is deeper than button mashing, in particular if you're looking for the collectibles (which demand some good time management), but let's not get carried away, Hyrule Warriors still is an ultimately shallow game with a lot of repetition and grinding if you want to play the highest degree of difficulty / get everything in the game. It is also not so difficult to understand, I highly doubt no reviewer besides Jim Stirling understands the game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf is far too sexy to be ignored. I wish he was in Smash,
Seriously, even as an alt, I wish this look was in SSB.

& now I'm reminded I'll get OoT & TP costumes for him thanks to Club Nintendo. Just hope I like his play style to make the most of them.

daydream

Banned
So, what's the deal with DLC? I bought the game in the store so I don't have a download code for anything. Will I be able to purchase everything?

Edit: Google tells me it will be availabe for purchase, so that's a relief.

I've got this pre-ordered, which I don't do often. The place I pre-ordered from added an additional $6 for shipping for some reason so I need to get that figured out before it ships.

Either way, I'm expecting to really enjoy myself with this game. I think the $42 credit will help me gloss over any rough edges, too.

I want to buy this to support Nintendo but I doubt I can physically play this game more than an hour. I hope it proves my intuition wrong.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Man... the gameplay of impa in this game is just insane!
1410957172-dm3r5ovphgm8zr4rbkbq.gif

But this is her victory animation, so not gameplay. However, I found Impa to be a very satisfying character, one of the best in the game, if not the best.

NotLiquid

I pre-ordered the Limited Edition and got notified by the retailer that I wouldn't get it on account of manufacturing problems with the scarf limiting supply.

So as compensation the store decided to offer me a store-exclusive version of the game with a Zelda messenger bag instead, all for the price of the regular edition.

I can safely say I do not object this turn of events.

My 1st demo experience (as Link) was pretty bad, it shouldn't of felt that unsatisfying to kill 100 enemies as Link. SS did this and it was amazing.
My second demo (with Zelda) was a lot better though. The controls aren't as tight as I would like, but fighting the king dodongo was fun. It felt more like what i wanted monster Hunter to be.

RPGCrazied

I thought someone was doing an OT for this game? Oh well, least we can talk about it. Kinda bummed about no CE, but I guess its blessing to save a little bit of money.

Danneee

I'm expecting a button masher with a Zelda skin.
And I've paid €25 for it so I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

But this is her victory animation, so not gameplay. However, I found Impa to be a very satisfying character, one of the best in the game, if not the best.

I know but this victory animation was so badass, and I agree totally with your post.

Social

Hmm, should I cancel my digital preorder on this? I paid 40 eur... Might have to get the game much later at a cheaper price.

Sify64

Oh yeah, those costumes. Maybe I should pre-order it just to save myself whatever it a costume set costs. But TP's set it from GAME and that's a no go option. :(
If you'd like, you can preorder the game from Amazon and I will trade my TP DLC code for yours.

Reknoc

got the next two days and next week off, my everything is ready for this game.

1000s will be ko'd
people who should not be pursued will be pursued
scarves will be worn

RiggyRob

Got the Limited Edition preordered. Estimated time of arrival is the 22nd of September -_-

Ah well, I'm looking forward to playing it and the nice scarf looks pretty good even if it was a bit much. I'm a bit surprised there are no reviews yet considering most Nintendo games have them a week or so before it's released.

Nohar

I'll probably get it the 22th september too. I'm afraid I kinda burned myself out playing Warriors Orochi 3 beforehand. Oh well.

Golnei

I might pick this up on Friday. I don't have high hopes for it delivering deep gameplay, but it might be fun for an hour or 74.

Reknoc

Got the Limited Edition preordered. Estimated time of arrival is the 22nd of September -_-

Ah well, I'm looking forward to playing it and the nice scarf looks pretty good even if it was a bit much. I'm a bit surprised there are no reviews yet considering most Nintendo games have them a week or so before it's released.

i guess not even zelda can stop press musou apathy

Nia

I found out my Gamespot had a demo for this, so I finally got to play it. That alleviated the pain of waiting a bit, but the release is still too far away for me.

Top Bottom