• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: over 1m units shipped WW

Not yet.

But probably will be in time.
He doesn't have much of a point thought. This just the Zelda audience biting into what they can get, it is after all full of fan service and have "that graphical style" that the core base digs.

Are people buying it for the style of game it is or themes and characters in it?

If KoeiTecmo made an even better game but with Musou characters will the:

"This is the result of developing a game that actually runs well on the console, and it properly marketed.

Statement hold any thruth? After all, we have had games that fit that criteria and yet, sold terribly.

rjc571

Banned
It seems you haven't played any other Musou games. :p

GTFO, Hyrule Warriors has worse slowdown than all other Musou games I've played even though it's only attempts to run at 30 fps, as opposed to the 60 fps target seen in the rest of the series.

ZhugeEX

Banned
He doesn't have much of a point thought. This just the Zelda audience biting into what they can get, it is after all full of fan service and have "that graphical style" that the core base digs.

Are people buying it for the style of game it is or themes and characters in it?

If KoeiTecmo made an even better game but with Musou characters will the:

"This is the result of developing a game that actually runs well on the console, and it properly marketed.

Statement hold any thruth? After all, we have had games that fit that criteria and yet, sold terribly.

Its selling due to the Zelda name sure.

But Musou games have sold better in Japan than this game will in the USA as musou titles usually appeal to Japan more.

This is the first game since the ps2 era where there has been mass appeal in the west. If we get another western ip/musou cross over like Zelda then I expect it to do as well in the west.

So, does this game play significantly (or at all) differently than the Fist of the North Star Musou games? Those are the only ones I'm familiar with, but tentatively interested in this.

it's more fun than those, and I say this as a FOTNS fan and marginal Zelda fan. the game is just overall a total blast to play.

Neiteio

I'm officially obsessed with this game.

Like every fourth or fifth thought in my head is "I want to play Hyrule Warriors"

Bulzeeb

I got you covered bro

mario_zpse3a4d6a0.jpg

change the sword with a Hammer and we are done

I bought one of those 1 million copies! Hyrule Warriors was actually the game that made me finally get around to picking up a Wii U, so I guess you could say it was a "system seller" for me, as well...

kitsuneyo

Do you have to pay more to get the extra characters? Do they come with the disc version? What if I were to buy it on eShop?

Effect

Do you have to pay more to get the extra characters? Do they come with the disc version? What if I were to buy it on eShop?

Some characters are free while others are paid for and part of the DLC packs. You get Cia, Volga, and Wizzro for free. They were apart of an patch to the game early on. Young Link, Tingle, and True Form Midna are part of DLC packs. The packs also come with different and new weapons for characters as well. Shadow Form Link is available when you buy the Hero of Hyrule pack (which is the season pass). Well Epona is more of a weapon then a character. Everyone else is in the base game. The game with the addition of the three free characters has a total of 14 characters that are playable. The those three might not become available until you be the game though. Some of the others have to be unlocked as well via adventure maps and as the story mode is beat. So I wouldn't worry about buying the packs at first. There is plenty of content on the disc itself.

Top Bottom