• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I’d Like to Apologize to NeoGAF, Give a Special Thank You and LTTPs too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
how was I supposed to know what kind of thread this was until I clicked on it? how was I supposed to know, when entering any particular thread, that holy baikal would be shitposting in it and derailing it? it has never been possible to foresee a thread like this and you know it
Do you want an anime tag for all threads that may contain reference to the medium?

Enosh

just ask yourself, would Leliana approve of this?
leliana-BG.jpg

I don't think so

TheChaos0

Actually the word we have is fanatic or anorak. Otaku isn't a mental illness. What next, being a geek is a disease?

It's also originally a pretty derogatory term. Nerd only with even more negative preconceptions attached to it. Never really liked it myself.

Sometimes it takes a special person, or cartoon, to make us appreciate things. Like that guy who gained a deeper understanding of the Holocaust through a My Little Pony photoshop.

This thread is truly touching.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Hah, I think I'll take a look into this series, thanks for bringing it up, the two of you.

It never made it out to the West. But for visual novels as I mentioned in an earlier thread go to the community thread as they have a collection of titles that were / going to be localized for the West. Am sure Steins Gate will be one folks will suggest you look at when its out.

Visual Novel Community Thread OT

I'd like to show solidarity with my anime bros under assault itt
Can someone shop my av to make it look like just off camera he's be raped or at least underage.
You know normal shit us bros like

Einbroch

Banned
oh please. there is a consistent trend of anime-GAF posters coming into threads and turning them into this.

I really haven't seen it, but I'll take your word for it. I don't think I've seen a single OT or news thread in the past couple months with someone derailing a non-anime/jRPG thread with waifu or cute talk.

TheChaos0

Harem is another thing I have a huge problem with but that's a different subject. -_-

I'm not really fond of the genre myself. There are only a few anime where harem either works due to comedy value or due to how the story is structured. I can count them all using one hand. Not my cup of tea but I can't say I'll think something less of a person if they like it or ecchi for that matter.

Zane

I really haven't seen it, but I'll take your word for it. I don't think I've seen a single OT or news thread in the past couple months with someone derailing a non-anime/jRPG thread with waifu or cute talk.

there was a UFC thread that HB completely derailed to hell and back with moe talk and Evilore banned them for it

Arcadius

Banned
It never made it out to the West. But for visual novels as I mentioned in an earlier thread go to the community thread as they have a collection of titles that were / going to be localized for the West. Am sure Steins Gate will be one folks will suggest you look at when its out.

Visual Novel Community Thread OT

I knew I was forgetting something, I will most assuredly ask for some help in the thread, thanks again.

Persona threads had to ban waifu talk because it got so pervasive.

That happened around the time of my quoted post in the OP.

Soulflarz

Banned
there absolutely is. Look at basically any Fire Emblem or SMT thread or any thread HB ever posted in.
Im confused

Why are you calling out all of animegaf :/
Im not even part of animegaf, and I didnt love HB, but er
:/ you could just ignore them?
I mean if this thread is (apparently, I dont remember who posts there) animegaf people only, why would you stick around?

Arcadius

Banned
there was a UFC thread that HB completely derailed to hell and back with moe talk and Evilore banned them for it

Wrong idea here, Holy never did moe talk in that thread, it was just an argument over athleticism in female and male sports.

This is totally wrong. We are the one who respect, honor, and recognize women the most.

Women are not commodities to be fought over. We help them to get the care, love, and attention they deserve. This is not off putting or weird.

Animated women or not, some of them are the most amazing, sweet, caring, loving, and adorable people in the world. They made our life that much more meaningful and completed. Without them we have no reason to live in this cold and selfish planet. So what's wrong that we do a little to glorify our women who saved us?

Just saying if we are all a bit more respectful or thoughtful or understanding our world would be a much better place. Waifu or not they are our guide and inspiration so we appreciate them, that's all.

post-36346-workaholics-adam-devine-fuck-m-H2R8.gif

Zane

There's a wide difference between FE and SMT and, say, Hyperdimension Neptunia where a thread about the latter is of course going to have a bunch of waifu/moe talk. It's annoying when two long-standing franchises get threads where no one talks about anything but the waifu shit

Arcadius

Banned
There's a wide difference between FE and SMT and, say, Hyperdimension Neptunia where a thread about the latter is of course going to have a bunch of waifu/moe talk. It's annoying when two long-standing franchises get threads where no one talks about anything but the waifu shit

Good thing NeoGAF has done something about it then. That type of talk isn't really allowed for those threads anymore, last I believe.

Zane

Im confused

Why are you calling out all of animegaf :/
Im not even part of animegaf, and I didnt love HB, but er
:/ you could just ignore them?
I mean if this thread is (apparently, I dont remember who posts there) animegaf people only, why would you stick around?

I can't ignore them because it gets to the point where I click on threads about franchises I like and suddenly oh no oh god get it away

It started off as a joke, but it got continually worse that people had to get banned for it.

It makes the fanbase as a whole look bad and immature because of it.
I feel like this is a problem in general.

I was talking with InfiniteNine the other day and we both agreed that the Fatal Frame V thread was basically a lost cause since it just became a discussion of an optional, post-game costume with people quoting the picture and going "MAN THIS IS SO SEXY."

Which, you know, fine. Whatever. Think whatever you want is sexy, I'm not here to judge, but keep it in your goddamn pants, would you please? You're allowed to have whatever preferences you like, but just because you're on the internet doesn't mean that you've removed yourself from polite society and suddenly anything goes.

The creepiest parts of communities have hijacked the conversations to be about what they like, how intensely they like it, and it gives everyone a bad name.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Because there have been some bad posters who like videogames I guess all of NeoGAF are bad posters.

Zane

Yep, and that's not allowed anymore. So, it's been stopped.

So what should people stop doing?

It hasn't been stopped. It's simply not allowed anymore as you said. That helps but it certainly doesn't stop it outright, especially if someone is ignorant of such a rule.

rpmurphy

To be fair, Awakening was not really a good FE game and probably the only positive points to talk about is the waifu/husbando aspect. The gameplay was just broken.

Also, I don't really see that kind of discussion in SMT threads, just Persona, for obvious differences.

Puruzi

Banned
I can't ignore them because it gets to the point where I click on threads about franchises I like and suddenly oh no oh god get it away

Boo hoo. Those posters like the franchises too. So you're SOL, unless a mod says to stop talking about the stuff. Which they have.

This is totally wrong. We are the one who respect, honor, and recognize women the most.

Women are not commodities to be fought over. We help them to get the care, love, and attention they deserve. This is not off putting or weird.

Animated women or not, some of them are the most amazing, sweet, caring, loving, and adorable people in the world. They made our life that much more meaningful and completed. Without them we have no reason to live in this cold and selfish planet. So what's wrong that we do a little to glorify our women who saved us?

Just saying if we are all a bit more respectful or thoughtful or understanding our world would be a much better place. Waifu or not they are our guide and inspiration so we appreciate them, that's all.
mm5go.gif

Soulflarz

Banned
Is my avatar anime enough for this discussion? I feel inadequate right now.
Daaaad stop!

But uh
Yeah
My view (d-don't kill me)
-dont be a creep on GAF. I dont want to know if X or Y is sexy. If it would be weird in real life to hear, it's probably weird here.
-if mods allow a certain type of discussion in certain community threads, telling GAF members who you dont like that you hate it isnt the right way to go about your issue, I think.
-dont generalize personaGAF. So many people in there despise the waifu talk, so...yeah...uh
Its grouping everyone into a category to hate that everyone shouldnt be in.

S-so yeah

Tohsaka

I was talking with InfiniteNine the other day and we both agreed that the Fatal Frame V thread was basically a lost cause since it just became a discussion of an optional, post-game costume with people quoting the picture and going "MAN THIS IS SO SEXY.

There were some people saying that, but there were more people saying how they thought it would be removed, or outright wanted it removed than those who were saying how sexy it was.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
And if that bothers him he needs to report those people. I still don't see such discussions in non-jRPG/anime threads, which he said is happening a lot.

I see it here and there if a reference comes up, but it usually is short lived and the thread quickly passes it up. Granted I don't frequent gaming side much anymore so I dunno about threads there, a lot of us are mainly in OT and the community threads.

Zane

Boo hoo. Those posters like the franchises too. So you're SOL, unless a mod says to stop talking about the stuff. Which they have.

I'm not sure how to communicate how frustrating it is to go into a thread about a series you love and it's filled with people talking about how sexy the female characters are or which ones they want to marry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom