• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I ate the “Impossible Whopper” at BK

Burger King has a new whopper on their menu, item #5 to be exact.

It is a vegan whopper. I tried it yesterday and I must say for a meatless burger it is one of the better ones but I can tell it isn’t real meat. A lot of people have claimed it tastes exactly like a real whopper and that’s bogus, I can easily tell the difference.

Not bad though. I still prefer the meat whopper.

BKImpossible_Lead.jpg

I want to try this so bad, sadly where I live this isn't a thing yet, anyway fingers crossed.

Myths

Just had this, my goodness it is great. I can’t tell the difference because of the condiments and charbroiled/grilled signature aroma... but I’m no expert

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I had it the other day, I mean it's not bad, I've had some other "meatless" patties that tasted like dirt, but this one was actually ok. I'll probably have it again.

i've eaten plain turkey sandwiches that tastes better than a whopper

can't say anything about the impossible whopper

hell, though

a double cheeseburger is a lower tier burger and i think it's way better than a whopper

smash burger and shake shack are true shit and would take over as the standard if i could change things

Myths

Tbh, this will most likely replace the beef whopper for me. When it comes to meat, I prefer it well done and my experience with the whopper is it’s sometime throughly cooked (like a medium-rare steak).

At least, I can rest easy knowing it’s just potatos and soy? Idk...

Arimer

I also had it and i wouldn't say it's exactly like a whopper but it's the best veggie burger I've had. Now I don't know if it was coincidence or not but at 12, 1 , and 2 pm that night i had to shit my guts out.

I'm pretty sure this is the same vegan patty we serve at work, and I thought they were terrible. The fat content on them was super surprising, I didn't think a vegan patty would be that high.
It definitely didn't taste like meat, not any meat that I've ever had.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Apparently it’s no healthier than a regular beef patty. And super processed of course. If you don’t wanna eat meat sounds like a good substitute, but if you are eating it as a healthy alternative, you’re outta luck.

Sounds good, but it's cooked in the same broilers as the normal meat, so isnt actually vegetarian/vegan since the animals fats and residues will soak into it, which kind of defeats the point.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Sounds good, but it's cooked in the same broilers as the normal meat, so isnt actually vegetarian/vegan since the animals fats and residues will soak into it, which kind of defeats the point.

Supposedly you can ask for it to be cooked separate and they WILL do it.

But fuck that, I don't wanna make some fast food worker's job more of a hassle. Especially not during a lunch rush. Simple modifications are fine "no onions, add jalapeno, e.t.c." but something like that naw.

Gargus

Banned
Important question. Did your nipples get hard while eating this burger? If they did, then I know it was a worthy purchase, and I will want to try the burger then too.

Burger king hasn't made my nips hard in a long time. Don't know about anyone else but for the last 5 or 6 years all of the burger King's I stop at either for a sausage and egg croissant, or a whopper meal when I'm done eating all I think is "well. That wasn't worth it". I don't hate Burger King but it might as well just eat cardboard for lunch instead.

I'd take Wendy's over bk any day of the week for a fast food burger. Frisch's used to be my favorite but god damn their patties on the big boy is like paper thin and if I get a big boy, onions rings and cherry coke it's like almost 13 bucks.

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"
I haven't had an Impossible Whopper yet, but I have had Beyond Meat burgers, and I'll say this... I'm happy to go meatless if those burgers become more commonplace.

It doesn't taste exactly like conventional meat, but (at least at A&W) it tastes good. And it has a healthy amount of protein. Those are really the only two major marks it needs to hit, I'd say. You can avoid some of the drawbacks of meat without feeling like you have to eat tofu for the rest of your life.

I haven't had an Impossible Whopper yet, but I have had Beyond Meat burgers, and I'll say this... I'm happy to go meatless if those burgers become more commonplace.

It doesn't taste exactly like conventional meat, but (at least at A&W) it tastes good. And it has a healthy amount of protein. Those are really the only two major marks it needs to hit, I'd say. You can avoid some of the drawbacks of meat without feeling like you have to eat tofu for the rest of your life.

pretty much spot on with my thoughts. i dont buy them for health reasons, i suppose ethical reasons or just the desire to eat less meat would be my goal.

beyond meat burgers are tasty and i like being able to buy them at the store to bbq them up on my own

i've tried the original Impossible burger at Ram, it was meh. supposedly the 2.0 is much, much better. i'm not sure which one BK is using for their whopper

Myths

I actually haven’t tried any of the Beyond Meat product. I must admit those taco crumbles in the frozen section are looking pretty damn good in the bag.

For the Impossible BK Whopper, I’m fine with it being prepped on the same stove as the original beef whopper. Soak up that smoky, charbroiled juice... gon brang it here.

I hope they bring that to Germany soon..
I had the Beyond Burger a few weeks ago, and didn't like it that much.
Hopefully the impossible burger is the real deal..

Liljagare

I don't get this burger.

A good burger made on red beet root is waaaaay better, gets properly carmalized and crunchy on the outside, juicy and soft on the inside. Works excellent with some proper cheese like Port Salut.

Probarly a whole lot cheaper to produce too. :p

"Non meat" and "Burger" in the same sentence.... if you don't want meat why you get a burger....
Because a bread bun with something hot in the middle is all you need to be classed as a 'burger' (hence why every meat burger that isnt a plain beef Hamburger exists) and there's thousands of delicious ways of making one without using meat.

Not your cup of tea, fine, but dont be retarded about it.

Top Bottom