• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't believe Soul Sacrifice is still only on Vita

Out of all the games I played on PlayStation Vita, I can easily go back to Soul Sacrifice anyday. SS Delta was probably the best portable game I'd played in a long time. Great visuals (for the console), enjoyable game play, excellent music, brilliant voice acting and exceptional story telling. The short stories in this book are so well acted out that you really get drawn in, you can feel the emotion and all the sadness. The story about the baby who was adopted by a monster brought a tear to my eye. Like this series right here could easily be the next big J-RPG franchise for Sony but it's trapped on Vita. As much as I love an excuse to pull out the ol' Vita, having experienced Tearaway and Gravity Rush on PlayStation 4, I'm thirsting to see how this game could look on PlayStation 4.

Surely backward compatibility in a future PlayStation console would allow me to play this game in better visual quality right? Even seeing Killzone: Mercenary and Uncharted: Golden Abyss. KZ:M was an excellent attempt at a Killzone title, definitely one of the stronger entries in the series. Uncharted wasn't amazing on PSP by any means, given the high standards the series has set. But it was still a great title in it's own right and a part of the Uncharted universe, whether people like it or not.

Damn it, I need to sacrifice something. Or do I save it? Or leave it to fate?

ElCasual

man, the OST is so beautiful and the story is dark. Great game. Is a shame that SS Delta was digital only.

DESTROYA

WHAT??!!!

Kind of shitty pic I took with my iPad but yeah it came with the case and all after looking to expand my VITA game collection.
SJw6daC.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
Man, I played the shit out of this game on Vita. I had the dark and light outfits. I would have had the platinum too if it weren't for one of the annoying bosses.

I don't remember the specifics but its element would just be randomly assigned upon loading. So you'd go in and get rocked and not be able to do damage if you were unlucky. After enough time went by without playing, I just kinda forgot about it.

Vita is the console I always end up spending time with every single year. Such a quality experience overall, it is always a pleasure to play with this console.

This console should still have games developed for it even now, it has not aged a bit.
So much for creativity 🤭

Gamernyc78

Banned
I actually like Soul Sacrifice more than Monster Hunter. Soul Sacrifice on Vita had me hooked. Vita was way ahead of its time imo and loved every but of it. I even enjoyed the first gane I bought "Unit 13". Good times.

GymWolf

Yeah i can't play this game on vita (giant hands, i can't play action stuff on tiny vita), so a pc or console port would be great.

shaddam

I spent so much time with the base game and then delta. This type of game is best on a handheld, but i wish there is a home console version. I want to see al those detail on my big screen. I regret didnt bought a vita tv for about 20 usd a few years back

JordanN

Banned
Edit: Remember Sony released PSTV which allows you to play Vita games upscaled to 720p on any TV.You can also use a Playstation controller as well.

zOFA0vU.jpg

Since it was a huge bomba, you can probably find this thing for $5 or any bargain bin.

Last edited:

CAB_Life

Been waiting for that “rumoured” PS4 port for ages. I don’t know that we’ll ever see an HD version though, despite the fact that it sold well for a Vita title. It’s one of my top ten games of the last two decades. Glad to see it getting some love here.

Virex

Banned
Picked up Delta over this summer, got it real cheap but have yet to play it, I’ve heard only good things about this game .

How then am I staring at a physical copy of SS Delta? I did pick it used from eBay for $20
It got a physical release in Japan and an English physical release in Asia. That's why you are staring at it. NA and Europe did not get a physical release

Vita means life.

Also I played the F out of this game. One of my favorite Vita games.

Quite a weird and unique take on essentially the Mohun genre.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Sony released PSTV which allows you to play Vita games at native 720p on any TV
Source? Pretty sure the display options it gives you between 720p and 1080i aren't to natively render the games at that mode but merely to cleanly (ish) upscale them from the original resolution on the Vita, (544p or less).

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Source? Pretty sure the display options it gives you between 720p and 1080i aren't to natively render the games at that mode but merely to cleanly upscale them from the original resolution on the Vita, (544p or less).
Sorry, that's what I meant. It could only display those options but it uses the same Vita specs.

mitch1971

Edit: Remember Sony released PSTV which allows you to play Vita games upscaled to 720p on any TV.You can also use a Playstation controller as well.

zOFA0vU.jpg

Since it was a huge bomba, you can probably find this thing for $5 or any bargain bin.

Erm...$5. Definity going for a lot more than that. Infact every place I've looked they cost more than the orginal price.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Erm...$5. Definity going for a lot more than that. Infact every place I've looked they cost more than the orginal price.
That's a huge rip. I remember getting my original PS Vita for $100 from a Second-Hand Store. No idea why anyone would try and pay double for a PSTV. There are even PS3's listed for half the price.

Last edited:

71c3931c1edc4353a0c03ec549753b965872a2c343c09255617f4470cbd924ed.jpg

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/soul...ical-english-copy-in-stock-play-asia.1223616/

Yeah, so I can't access that website as I'm in the UK, so I get an error every time I try and load that site.

I don't know if this was different in the US. Here is a mod from the official playstation blog EU.
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/13/soul-sacrifice-delta-launches-ps-vita-tomorrow/#comments

Soul Sacrifice Delta will be getting only a digital release in Europe. If you have your game progress from the first Soul Sacrifice however, you can transfer it to Soul Sacrifice Delta. You’ll have to download the whole game as the team has reworked the graphic engine, the AI, connected the game to global servers among other improvements and these are reflected in the new code. Enjoy the game!!

There's no mention of a North American release outside of the announcement that states its coming to playstation store.

But hey, don't let that ruin your big moment of proving me wrong.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
71c3931c1edc4353a0c03ec549753b965872a2c343c09255617f4470cbd924ed.jpg

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/soul...ical-english-copy-in-stock-play-asia.1223616/

Yeah, so I can't access that website as I'm in the UK, so I get an error every time I try and load that site.

I don't know if this was different in the US. Here is a mod from the official playstation blog EU.
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/13/soul-sacrifice-delta-launches-ps-vita-tomorrow/#comments

There's no mention of a North American release outside of the announcement that states its coming to playstation store.

But hey, don't let that ruin your big moment of proving me wrong.
I didn't know the UK did that LMAO what the hell
UsTXcHx.png

DansDans

Who cares if there was no physical release of Delta in USA or EU? The Asian version is in full English. This argument about “it doesn’t count because it wasn’t released in the USA/EU” is bullshit. Physical English copy is still a physical English copy.

I didn't know the UK did that LMAO what the hell
UsTXcHx.png
We are talking about Delta in this thread, not the OG SS

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Who cares if there was no physical release of Delta in USA or EU? The Asian version is in full English. This argument about “it doesn’t count because it wasn’t released in the USA/EU” is bullshit. Physical English copy is still a physical English copy.

We are talking about Delta in this thread, not the OG SS
Oh my bad.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
wtf I'm genuinely sad that fellow GAFers didn't realize the Vita was region-free for all physical titles.

Importing has never been better nor easier. Japan and Asia-region are a treasure trove of otherwise-digital-only titles. I even have some PAL region stuff for games that didn't get a physical release stateside.

Pejo

This and Freedom Wars were two of my favorite Vita games. I would love to see them ported/backwards compatible on PS5

DansDans

wtf I'm genuinely sad that fellow GAFers didn't realize the Vita was region-free for all physical titles.

Importing has never been better nor easier. Japan and Asia-region are a treasure trove of otherwise-digital-only titles. I even have some PAL region stuff for games that didn't get a physical release stateside.

I can't believe people refer to it as "PAL" Region - PAL is an analogue TV format, nothing to do with regions and definitely nothing to do with handheld games whose consoles have the same screen resolution and framerate regardless of where they are sold/what territory they are

I assume you mean European/Australian regions

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I can't believe people refer to it as "PAL" Region - PAL is an analogue TV format, nothing to do with regions and definitely nothing to do with handheld games whose consoles have the same screen resolution and framerate regardless of where they are sold/what territory they are

I assume you mean European/Australian regions
Yeah that.

Cha

Soul Sacrifice (and Soul Sacrifice Delta) was amazing! Not only did it have a magnificent narrative, solid gameplay systems and breathtaking soundtrack; it's a game that delivered (free) after purchase content that puts many of today's games dlc practices to shame.
Sure, an arguement could be made that some models were reskins, but the beasts' stories, animations and attack timings were adjusted to keep things feeling different enough that I didn't mind.
I really wish this game got the HD treatment. It is really one of the best (if not THE BEST) MonHun type games that the Vita received. The online was solid too, with a easy to use communication system. I sunk waaay too many hours into Soul Sacrifice, but loved every minute of it.
Mad respect for this game.

Say what you will about inafune. But that man. Along with the development team, artists, composer of the OST. This game imo is criminally underrated. Fantastic art direction, atmosphere, music, characters, gameplay, even story. to me this game came out on top of the biggest monster hunter clones. Hell I'll go as far to say this was imo by far, better than the monster hunter series. the magic system and the way you'd go about breaking off body piece's of the bosses to create or make stronger leveled up tier spells was great. something about the lore and every zone or level you'd visit. Makes you kinda wish it was given a bigger budget and bigger world to explore. akin to dragon's dogma or dark souls. i still will and say this was real reason why i played the vita for days and weeks non stop.

_Ex_

As someone who owns over 100 physical Vita games, I'm glad Soul Sacrifice is still an exclusive. SO many once "exclusive" Vita games got ported to PC over the years. All those exclusives lost diminished the impact of the Vita's esoteric library from a collector standpoint.

Top Bottom