• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I chatted with Ken from XSEED. Nothing big, but something I'd like to share.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Shiren 2 DS would be enough for me.
Scratch that, would be better since portability suits these games better for me.

Hive

Banned
They should give Shiren another chance.. I mean, it takes time to build up a new franchise, and Shiren are good games!

Just market it correctly and I believe it should sell much better than its predecessor.

I really want to see Shiren 2 DS localized

Hey everyone.

I'm very sorry about the lack of news during the past three weeks.

I've had some personal problems and stuff's been happening around me, but everything's much better now and I feel I can get back to getting some news for you guys! :D

Also, GameCyte posted an great interview with XSEED, and even mention my thread and me without mentioning my username directly! :D :

http://www.gamecyte.com/xseed-the-company-bringing-japanese-niche-hits-to-you

Later today, I'll round up all the requests in the thread (or as much as I can fit :p) in my new message. ;)

Bumping to report that I sent in my new e-mail finally, requesting the following games, plus with notes I put beside some games:

Shiren 2 (Sega, DS)

Knights in the Nightmare (Sting, DS) (I assume that this is Atlus' territory though :p)

Winds of Nostalgio (Tecmo, DS)

Sky Crawlers (Namco, Wii)

Fragile (Namco, Wii)

Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan (Sega, PS3)

Puyo Puyo 15th Anniversary (Sega, DS seems to be the preferred one, and please of course make it the fixed version! XD)

Tales of Hearts (Namco, DS, everyone wanted the Anime version)

Tales of Innocence (Namco, DS)

Tales of Destiny Remake (Namco, PS2, maybe the Director's Cut is best)

Tales of Rebirth (Namco PS2 or PSP, which ever is best)

Tales of Destiny 2.(Namco, PS2 or PSP which ever is best again :p)

Hope I did good with this one! :)

Hero of Legend said:
Bumping to report that I sent in my new e-mail finally, requesting the following games, plus with notes I put beside some games:

All of those Tales games will (unfortunately) probably never happen. Namco just refuses to give it to another publisher.

Also, if Sega published Yakuza 2, I'm pretty sure they'll publish a Yakuza PS3 here.

Hero of Legend said:

These are good choices.

But the Tales games? I can't see it happening, the only publisher besides Namco that have a chance of localizing it is Nintendo.

Macstorm

Yeah, Namco seems to be about the same as Nintendo as far as giving away their own titles to others. (ie. snowballs chance)

Should mention the upcoming Brandish game.

birdchili

it'd be less irritating if namco took a chance and localized some of these games themselves.

i wonder how many copies a game like fragile or sky crawlers would need to move to make a localization worthwhile...

i'm not nearly as confident that we'll see these games brought over as i used to be.

Winds of Nostalgio confirmed for NA, but it's not by XSEED, but they will look into Sky Crawlers and will keep an eye out on Fragile! But Tales games are of course, difficult to license.

Reply time!

Let me try to address each title you listed:

Shiren 2 (Sega, DS)
- Sorry, not going to happen. We would surely lose money on Shiren 2 due to lack of interest at retail.

Knights in the Nightmare (Sting, DS) (I assume that this is Atlus' territory though :p)
- You're correct, Sting has some well-established partners already in the US so it will be up to them to decide to bring this title or not.

Winds of Nostalgio (Tecmo, DS)
- This is coming to the US, perhaps not by us but it will make it over.

- Seems like an interesting game, thanks for the suggestion. We'll look into it.

Fragile (Namco, Wii)
- Seems interesting though we don't know enough about it. We'll keep an eye on it.

Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan (Sega, PS3)
- I have to assume that Sega is going to bring this over themselves.

Puyo Puyo 15th Anniversary (Sega, DS seems to be the preferred one, and please of course make it the fixed version! XD)
- We will not pursue this title. The "casual audience" this game caters to is not our strong point.

All Tales games
- We would love to work on any Tales games (especially the ones that have never made it to the US before in any form such as Rebirth and Destiny 2), but as you can imagine this is extremely difficult to license.

Regarding your other questions:

1. But is the Little King's Story box art the final one, and is it the same as the not seen Japanese box artwork?
- No, we have not released the final box art to the public yet.
2. And is Rune Factory Frontier's NA box final? Can't you or MMV USA (who's responcible for this?) to make it just like the JP box in placement, and then just add the sky?
- I don't know what box art you're talking about, but the US one will likely be similar to the Japanese.
3. One more thing? Are any of MMV's upcoming Wii games that you're bringing over have any NA-exclusive content, whether you can share that or not is fine. :p
- We always try for exclusive US content, but oftentimes it's difficult due to scheduling issues. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

:D

Dude, that is an awesome reply from them! :) ^ They really are awesome when it comes to answering e-mails!

Very good to hear about Winds of Nostalgio; awful to hear on Shiren 2 :(

Hive

Banned
Hero, thanks SO MUCH for asking them about Puyo Puyo 15th Anniversary!

Even if they decide against it, just asking about it is a great first step~

Everyone who loves puzzle games needs to play PP15, because it's absolutely the essential version of one of the most deceptively challenging and engaging puzzlers on the market (from what I've played, of course)

dragonlife29 said:
Dude, that is an awesome reply from them! :) ^ They really are awesome when it comes to answering e-mails!

Very good to hear about Winds of Nostalgio; awful to hear on Shiren 2 :(

Glad to help! :D

I highly expected that about Shiren 2, since they're not being so quick to bring over Shiren 3. :'(

@Hive:

Not a problem as well! :)

If you guys have any more suggestions, pass them my way! :)

Hive

Banned
Hero of Legend said:
Glad to help! :D

I highly expected that about Shiren 2, since they're not being so quick to bring over Shiren 3. :'(

maybe there is something more we can do to help get Shiren 2 DS here? I'm seriously bummed about the whole thing, because we keep getting the lower-tier rogue-likes localized...

TunaLover said:
nice.

they spill the beans about who is ''bringing'' Fatal Frame 4 to US yet?

Not that I know of.

Nintendo is bringing it to Europe though, so says ONM.

Them or Tecmo (Koei Tecmo?) is our best bet AND guess.

@Hive:

What about Chocobo Wii? I thought that was fun. :p

TunaLover

ok, I said it because it was posted in go nintendo

If you’re talking about Fatal Frame 4 for the Wii then it’s coming to the US, even though it won’t be by us. Can’t tell you who’s bringing it over, but keep your eyes peeled for an official announcement, hopefully sometime soon. - Ken @ XSEED Games

they sure know something :D

Hive

Banned
Hero of Legend said:
Not that I know of.

Nintendo is bringing it to Europe though, so says ONM.

Them or Tecmo (Koei Tecmo?) is our best bet AND guess.

@Hive:

What about Chocobo Wii? I thought that was fun. :p

yea, LOVE that game~ My point is, we get all kinds of rogue-likes localized, whether they are great, good, or average~ Chocobo Wii is so fun, but it's no Shiren

The best of the best should be localized ^^

jesusraz

Can you ask them their thoughts on bringing over Square Enix games like Front Mission 2089: Border of Madness and Nanashi no Game for DS, please?

EDIT: Also please mention the two Nishimura Kyotaro games on DS, plus the Misa Yamamura one from Tecmo. All three detective/adventure games have failed to be released in the West, but Shidara-san has said he'd be willing to let them be released if the interest in the genre was there.

Cheerilee

Hero of Legend said:
Later today, I'll round up all the requests in the thread (or as much as I can fit :p) in my new message. ;)
I mentioned it in another thread, but I'll happily repeat it here.

Princess Maker 5 (Gainax, PSP)

Akai

- Seems like an interesting game, thanks for the suggestion. We'll look into it.

Fragile (Namco, Wii)
- Seems interesting though we don't know enough about it. We'll keep an eye on it.

Namco needs to seriously start localizing more of their games... =(

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Hive said:
maybe there is something more we can do to help get Shiren 2 DS here? I'm seriously bummed about the whole thing, because we keep getting the lower-tier rogue-likes localized...
You should just give it up. The shiren series is dead here, likely forever. Its a niche game in a niche genre of an even larger niche genre that apparently sold so horribly that even niche publishers like xseed refuse to localize it. There is simply not a market for the game here.

Hive

Banned
jesusraz said:
Can you ask them their thoughts on bringing over Square Enix games like Front Mission 2089: Border of Madness and Nanashi no Game for DS, please?

EDIT: Also please mention the two Nishimura Kyotaro games on DS, plus the Misa Yamamura one from Tecmo. All three detective/adventure games have failed to be released in the West, but Shidara-san has said he'd be willing to let them be released if the interest in the genre was there.

YES!! The Nishimura and Yamamura titles look incredible! Wasn't there some consideration for these to be localized??

Emotions

I would love for them to pick up RIZ-ZOWAD, The Summon Night 1 & 2 ports .
I'm happy Winds of Nostalgio is coming over.The Matrix Software stuff is always welcome.

grandjedi6 said:
You should just give it up. The shiren series is dead here, likely forever. Its a niche game in a niche genre of an even larger niche genre that apparently sold so horribly that even niche publishers like xseed refuse to localize it. There is simply not a market for the game here.

We must keep hope alive forever. Stranger things have happened I'm sure. What needs to happen is some way to...force...the PMD throngs, at least a large portion, to also buy all the other Roguelikes---for then there could be no qualms about sales since each PMD pair did quite solid numbers. Somehow we they must soften their hearts and embrace more of the Roguelike world....

Also, perhaps somebody will finally have the sense do do a digital distro route like the VC/WiiWare in terms of Roguelikes in non-PC land? Last straight Roguelike to get a retail box release afterall is Ledgermain(sp?)...and EVEN I can't bring myself to buy it in premium glory due to the ASCII state of it.

I will always find it utterly INSANE that handhelds and consoles share the best examples of retail success with Roguelikes by far yet the PC side of things has the best free ones but the most horrible of retail endeavors. Why can't the 2 streams cross here and there at least?

Hive

Banned
grandjedi6 said:

I'm well aware of the chances.. and I'm resigned to the fact that it's not coming over, but won't give up on it completely until some time has passed~

I mean, Game Center CX is coming stateside, so i believe that just about anything can happen

Sent in another email, here are the games suggested, and I added a few good ones you guys oh seemed to have forgotten about:

428 (Sega, Wii)

Front Mission 2089: Border of Madness (Square Enix, DS)

Nanashi no Game (Square Enix, DS)

Misa Yamamura Suspense: Kyoto Murder Files (Tecmo, DS)

Nishimura Kyotaro Suspense Shin Tantei Series: Kyoto Atami Zekkai no Kotou - Satsui no Wana (Tecmo, DS)

Nishimura Kyotaro Suspense 2 Shin Tantei Series: Kanezawa Kankan Gokkan no Kyoukoku Fukushuu no Kage (Tecmo, DS)

Boy those two were massive mouthfuls!

A few more:

Princess Maker 5 (Gainax, PSP)

RIZ-ZOWAD (D3, DS)

Summon Night 1 & 2 (Bandai Namco/Banpresto, DS)

Destiny Links (Bandai, DS)

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier (Bandai Namco/Banpresto, DS)

Can you guys do me a favor? When suggesting games, list them like this:

Name of game (Publisher, Platform)

As I've done above with the games I put into my emails, it makes things so much easier! :)

zoku88

Well, since FM is on that list, would they consider FM5?

Front Mission 5 (S-E, PS2)

And heck, any Summon Night game lol

I read about Wagyan Land DS in the JP boxart thread. It's coming out on January 29th in Japan...

So I played through Wagyan Paradise (the third SFC game) yesterday, and what an average platformer :lol Half of the mini-games require knowing Japanese too which was a source of frustration. But the game was unbelievably easy and not very long so I managed to finish it. I also tried Super Wagyan Land and it was the same thing with worse graphics, thus I quit soon.

So are the NES iterations any better? Or is there any reason to believe the DS sequel will be of higher quality?

Please XSEED localize it, but make sure it's any good first :lol

Tain

So we just request shit willy-nilly in here?

Deathsmiles (Cave, Xbox 360) is my most anticipated console game at the moment. Absolutely.

It's a shooter, but it's more accessible than Cave's standard fare. It also has some re-rendered HD sprites and shit.

Top Bottom