• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I dyed my hair from black to white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

dn_l-justice.jpg

to

death-note-28.jpg

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
he donkey show you should edit that. :/

MattKeil said:
Be interesting if the people ripping on him posted pics of their own hair along with the insults.

It wouldn't be interesting it would be disgusting. I don't want to see dozens of pictures of people who make fun of how other people style their hair.

MattKeil said:
Be interesting if the people ripping on him posted pics of their own hair along with the insults.
Why would they want to draw attention to themselves? Wouldn't that just make them look like douchebags?

Edit: I don't quite understand why someone thought them changing their hair colour was thread worthy, but I don't really care either way. It might have lead to a thread filled with fun haircuts, but apparently not.

Well good for you. If only the rest of GAF was this motivated when they wanna do something, maybe we wouldn't have so many girl-age threads.

Also, Scarlet demodded? Oh noez! None of my business, I won't ask about it.

Waikis

Jangaroo said:
Stuff like this is how people in Asia style their hair. Not everybody mind you, but again, having stylized hair and looking feminine is considered attractive over there. It's a cultural thing. You see this guy?

He's literally drowning in pussy. And penises. Except he plays hard to get.

This kind of shit is only acceptable in Japan dude.... you will be laughed at in other countries.

G-Fex

Jangaroo said:
Hyperbole there but I was trying to make a point that stuff that doesn't fly over here does indeed fly over in Japan for example.
Edit: On a side note, I have absolutely no idea how old Gackt is. Photoshop does wonders for this guy.

Gackt claims to be a vampire, therefore he's ageless.

OP, I think your hair is awesome! Kudos!

It looks different, and animeish.

Lol at some of the peoples comments. I love this whole "This-guy-is-a-douche-because-his-hair-is-like-this-because-everyone-who-has-this-hair-ever-has-been-a-douche!

simple minded hatin fools:lol

Clydefrog

If you keep on dying your hair yourself with that boxed stuff, you'll have less and less of it in the future.

+1 to I think it looks ridiculous, BTW

I personally think your hair looks fine,but I also hope you're full aware of the severe damage you caused to it.
Don't be surprised if in a week or two you start to lose a bigger amount of hair than usual.
Try to use the best shampoos and conditioner,and possibly specific products for damaged hair and whatnot.

Concerning the people spitting the :"lol i can't tell if you're a dude or a girl!!!" comment,well guys I'm kinda worried about the looks of the girls you date,because in both pictures you can clearly see a thick,freshly shaved black beard..or maybe you should dust your i7's more often.

MattKeil said:

Yes, It would be interesting if everyone on Gaf were hypocrites and started to act like attention whores in this thread. But I guess that's not happening. We got gaming side for that :D

Mr. B Natural said:
Yes, It would be interesting if everyone on Gaf were hypocrites and started to act like attention whores in this thread. But I guess that's not happening. We got gaming side for that :D

;_; boi attention whore posted a picture of his hair

Kozak

Banned
just came in to laugh at the massive dog shot by RedScarlet :lol

BTW your hair looks okay. If its what you like then thats cool.

ShinNL

Olorin said:
Looks cool to me :) Which cosplay event are you going to? Chibicon or Abunai perhaps?
Thanks. Probably going to Abunai (depending whether my friends will go as well), but running a bit out of cash so I might go there just for sightseeing instead of cosplaying myself.

Rubezh

Soneet said:
I wasn't sure if you really want to try this or was being sarcastic (in that case, I can handle the mocking) but here are a few shots I took so you can judge if this is an old man look or just something fun one can do once in their lifetime.

MCPhoto_20100629_213104.png

-
MCPhoto_20100629_213153.png

-
MCPhoto_20100629_213221.png

I personally don't think I look like I'm older or anything, but it could be that my brain is corrupted with anime and games.

PS. I'm a straight guy...

34nh7jc.jpg

Neo Child

Banned
your hair is fucking awesome :D

i tried to get mines like that but it sucked.... it grows so thiiick =[ how do you do it?! step by step plz

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
It's not something I'd personally do (since I'm not Asian, I work in a conservative company, and I live in an area where 90% of men's haircuts are blowouts)... but I think it looks pretty cool. Fuck the closed-minded haters, especially the ones who hate anything they perceive as 'weeaboo'.

ShinNL

Neo Child said:
your hair is fucking awesome :D

i tried to get mines like that but it sucked.... it grows so thiiick =[ how do you do it?! step by step plz
Thanks! What do you mean by growing thick? Do you mean that your hair is straight but kind of heavy so you can't get it up? If that's the case: you need to (let a barber) cut your hair with layering scissors so it kind of looks long but is actually quite thin in mass at the hair's end. This way you can work with your hair much easier. I show it at 0:21 in my manga hair tutorial video on Youtube (not linking it directly because it's not really for GAF... *cough* stop invading *cough*).

I basically still do everything I do in that video to get my hair spiky like in manga.
As for the color, I think I wrote everything in the opening post, including the timeframe. However, I don't actually recommend that timeframe due to the pain at the end...

Soneet you inspired me to finally kick it back and dye my hair. I'm not going to do anything as crazy as white, goodness :lol

Probably gonna try going with something dark and red.

ShinNL

Awesome RiskyChris :)

I don't see why everyone reacts like it's the end of the world. It's fun and an occasional change is good. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

My hair has neutralized for the most part. If I don't use the silver shampoo it looks more like platinum blond. It looks surprisingly more natural in real life than in my way too bright webcam shots (and way less freaky than the orange/red and yellow/orange and yellow that I had before). Darkish red is different yet quite natural, so that's a good choice. I assume you have dark hair from your own, so roots won't be a bother for a good while.

Eh... OP is Asian so this sorta thing is practically in his veins by default :lol Anyway, he's just having some harmless fun and since he's into anime he has the benefit of possibly doing some cosplaying. But haters gonna hate I guess.

sillik

Banned
good effort op, but realize that you're best case scenario is getting a hoverhand backpat by the occasional weaboo. To the rest of us you look like a person who wishes he could be a cartoon character.

h3ro

sillik said:
good effort op, but realize that you're best case scenario is getting a hoverhand backpat by the occasional weaboo. To the rest of us you look like a person who wishes he could be a cartoon character.

You bumped a six month old thread to add that. Good work!

That being said, OPs hair was awesome Final Fantasy level stuff, good for him if that's the look he wants.

sillik said:

This thread is old, generally this type of bump is frowned upon unless there has been a dramatic update to the story or something relevant. Keep that in mind for next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom