• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I filmed myself using a bidet for the first time. Then it went viral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menelaus

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDMo2ncT2D4

So my buddy had been bugging me for a while about getting a bidet for my home; he has been using one for a while, and won't shut up about it. He even said that if I didn't like it, he'd pay me back, and give it to a friend for a birthday gift. That sounded absolutely horrible, so of course it sold me.

I recorded myself trying it for the first time, so I could have proof of my hating it should I need a refund from him. After I showed it to him (and a few other friends), they convinced me to put it on Reddit on Tuesday night.

I was story number 3 on Reddit's front page in under 8 hours.

The next day, a friend sent me a link to Gawker, who apparently picked up the video. Before the end of the day, I was at about 50,000 views.

gawkweb.png

The next day, after googling around to see who ELSE had picked up the video, I stumbled upon Right This Minute, a 4 person reaction roundtable show devoted to upcoming viral videos, in which they actually watched and reacted to my video. This aired on TV last night in over 50 markets.

On to the fun part. I was actually shrewd enough to put an Amazon Associate link to this bidet in my YouTube description. Since Tuesday night, I've made over $350 bucks just from that referral link. For those that don't know, an associate link will place a cookie on the users PC, and for the next 24 hours, anything they order from Amazon nets me a 1%-10% cut of the action, depending on the type of item. My average percentage so far has been about 6.5%. Some dude ordered a $2500 Razer gaming laptop yesterday, which I got a 1% cut of; easiest $25 I ever made.

Here's a list of the recent items ordered, and my take for each one. It's kind of mind boggling how easily this money is flowing in for me spraying my asshole with water for 2 minutes and sharing it.

Going viral is really weird.

Menelaus

Banned
You'd make for an excellent cartoon character.

Youtube diagnosed me with Graves disease. That was nice of them.

I've been told this week that I look like:

Brenden Frasier

Philip J. Fry

Sam the Eagle

A white version of Grant from Mythbusters

Every muppet ever

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Please respond OP.

Does it actually completely get the job done? Or do you still have to wipe a little afterwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom