• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I found a vagina in Watch Dogs 2 and Sony suspended me (Update: Ban lifted)

ogbg

Update:

I got an email 30 minutes ago telling me that my ban is now 1 month because of a violation today. Bare in mind that I was banned yesterday and have not been able to make any new uploads since the ban and the only thing I'd uploaded in months was the single image this thread is about.

I'm really disappointed right now.

That's shocking. I guess maybe it's because of this post? Can they even link you?

Tovarisc

Perhaps they didn't like it that he twittered about it and talks about the ban on GAF. Polygon etc. are reporting on it too, so it got a little bit bigger.

It does seem to be some kind of late extra punishment.

If said outlets and maybe new ones like Kotaku pick up on this extension then story will become even bigger than it already is.

OmegaX0

People are ignorant of the technology and services they use and don't consider who's going to view their published images.

You mean like Sony who didn't implement an age gate for the sharing of M rated content in a game they approved to be sold on their platform?

newsguy

That's shocking. I guess maybe it's because of this post? Can they even link you?

I have to say, if the longer ban has anything to do with this post and the subsequent articles, the OP has a VERY strong case against Sony. None of these things should affect any of the TOS since he is not doing it on PSN.

ogbg

I have to say, if the longer ban has anything to do with this post and the subsequent articles, the OP has a VERY strong case against Sony. None of these things should affect any of the TOS since he is not doing it on PSN.

Yeah. It's also pretty stupid of Sony too. It's like they never heard of the Streisand effect

Update:

I got an email 30 minutes ago telling me that my ban is now 1 month because of a violation today. Bare in mind that I was banned yesterday and have not been able to make any new uploads since the ban and the only thing I'd uploaded in months was the single image this thread is about.

I'm really disappointed right now.
Not even the PlayStation Store!? That's beyond shitty.

If I was the OP I'd be livid.

What a pathetic course of action on Sony's part. I haven't touched my PS4 in over a month, I'm sure I could get by not playing it for another. Maybe I should share that image too.

Riposte

I didn't realize that so many people are obsessed with necrophilia.

imo, Sony did the right thing, stuff like that must be banned. Just because you can doesn't mean you should – any adult person should realize this.

Is this stanning for Sony or the natural conclusion of "male gaze in videogames" argument?

Shock32

did you share it through the PS share button? When you do that it posts in into the what's new section. Maybe people saw it there and reported it or something.

Muffdraul

This doesn't seem that weird to me. If a little kid is playing WD2 and sees nudity, that's on his parents. But someone who has the game take a pic of the nudity and then shares it outside the game where anyone can see it, yeah sorry but I can understand why that would be an issue.

thejpfin

What a shitty extended ban, that report says "You won’t be able to access online multiplayer".
Does that mean that your paid playstation plus membership is now useless? Whatta hell sony.

This doesn't seem that weird to me. If a little kid is playing WD2 and sees nudity, that's on his parents. But someone who has the game take a pic of the nudity and then shares it outside the game where anyone can see it, yeah sorry but I can understand why that would be an issue.

But why can a little kid see shared media of an M-rated game on PSN? Sony is the one who should prevent this.

Interfectum

That's not the whole issue though.

He got a 1 week ban for it, posted about it on GAF, Sony email him and extended his ban to 1 month.

mdubs

Banned
The extension of the ban is completely unacceptable. Absolutely disgusting behaviour by Sony to retaliate this way.

Shock32

Gemüsepizza;224562228 said:
But why can a little kid see shared media of an M-rated game on PSN? Sony is the one who should prevent this.

Aren't they though? by banning accounts. If I was in the same situation as OP I would not use the PS share button because it posts it into the news feed. It's not worth the risk take a potato picture or something then upload it to twitter.

What Sony should do is implement a system when you take a video or screenshot there's an option to make it 18+ so only PSN accounts that are 18 and over can you view it. So some kids account with parental setting doesn't show up in their feed..

On one hand, it shows how fucked up America's priorities are when people don't bat an eye to gratuitous violence, but flip their shit over video game pussy.

On the other hand, this situation is hilarious. (Not the whole ban thing, that's definitely bullshit OP.)

KJRS_1993

I think this is hopelessly stupid.
They cannot be seriously banning a player for using a button on the controller, to take an image of a game that Sony have allowed to be released on their system.

Ridiculously stupid.

Interfectum

On one hand, it shows how fucked up America's priorities are when people don't bat an eye to gratuitous violence, but flip their shit over video game pussy.

Yeah that shit is always funny/sad.

"Here's a video of me blowing someone's head of into bloody chunks!" [Retweet by Sony!]

"Here's a picture of a digital vagina." [BANNED!]

B.O.O.M

This is that Chili discrimination story level of mismanagement by Sony..holy shit. What a shitty way to handle a situation. They deserve all the shit they get for this

Muffdraul

Gemüsepizza;224562228 said:

If it was an accident I might be more sympathetic, but this guy deliberately shared a pic of a gaping vag where anyone can see it. If Sony's TOS say "Don't share any dirty pics or else" then, welp, there it is.

hamchan

Whoa, Sony extending a ban in what seems like petty vengeance for something that wasn't even done on PSN, seems like even bigger news than the nudity ban.

FStop7

Banned
I don't understand why people are defending Sony. Why does Sony have any interest in what appears on OP's twitter? If he used his phone camera to take the picture off the screen and posted that to twitter would Sony still be justified in banning him?

Are you new to this website?

Yeah that shit is always funny/sad.

"Here's a video of me blowing someone's head of into bloody chunks!" [Retweet by Sony!]

"Here's a picture of a digital vagina." [BANNED!]

It's actually a digital vagina of a dead hooker spread eagle. So violence AND nudity. Still shitty for them to extend the ban.

Interfectum

I think it's more likely it was re-reviewed the next day and decided the ban should be longer (not that I agree with it at all).

I can't imagine a situation where that would be acceptable in a business/consumer relationship. They already told the paying customer the ban length, to go back and extend without any other action from the customer is just fucking crazy to me.

Top Bottom