• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I found a vagina in Watch Dogs 2 and Sony suspended me (Update: Ban lifted)

q1dJFtb.jpg

Well done ++

The ban extension is ridiculous. Everyone should tweet that pic @yosp (or whatever his account is and complain).

Of course this is going to be news. Its a pic taken from a game on the PS4 console. If anyone is to blame, its ubisoft (and sony)

Cubas

Update:

I got an email 30 minutes ago telling me that my ban is now 1 month because of a violation today. Bare in mind that I was banned yesterday and have not been able to make any new uploads since the ban and the only thing I'd uploaded in months was the single image this thread is about.

I'm really disappointed right now.

Lol Sony. At least this will give them some pretty bad PR.

-griffy-

Banned

Because it's kind of gross and doesn't really need to be there?

Like, there are two separate issues at play here.

1. Sony bans a user for sharing a screenshot with nudity

2. Watch Dogs 2 has an explicitly rendered vagina on this character model for no discernible reason

Justinh

Bare in mind
Was this intentional?

Seeing as OP hasn't done anything since his initial ban, it has to be because of these, right? (oh, there's a GI article, too) I mean, I guess we don't really know, but if it is true then that's some heated dogshit.

The more I think about it, the more I feel the initial ban was dumb and it just spotlighted how sharing on PSN really needs tweaking so that you can "age-gate" or spoiler-tag (I don't know, can you do this? because you should), or whatever your posts. I mean, yeah... you can buy a game on their network that they're selling, and get banned for using a feature of a game console to share from that game. Seems shitty to me, and super-shitty that they're doubling down on it after it got attention.

KingBroly

Banned
Update:

I got an email 30 minutes ago telling me that my ban is now 1 month because of a violation today. Bare in mind that I was banned yesterday and have not been able to make any new uploads since the ban and the only thing I'd uploaded in months was the single image this thread is about.

Sony's CS continues to be atrocious.

How did something like this even get past the ESRB?

Boke1879

Who makes the decision that Vagina is bad, but a headshot in Call of Duty is okay?

If Sony doesn't want children viewing the screenshots or videos from M-Rated titles, then they should spend money to develop a content-filter as part of their parental controls.

OP's content was captured using Sony's tools from a game approved by Sony to be published on their closed system. This seems to be an unjust banning. OP is being deprived of the service he purchased on the basis of a long-form contract created and designed in bad faith with the intention of circumventing legitimate legal review and counseling for each customer.

If it's in the game, it's in the game. I rest my case.

I see what you're saying and I agree but sex is still a weird thing here in this States at least. I don't think we've moved past the hot coffee shit from San Andreas.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

ogbg

I guess someone at Ubi is getting fired, lol

I remember WD1 had an unusual amount of sexual content for a AAA game also, particularly in those side quests where you hacked into someone's TV or something. Those French Canadians don't really match with mainstream US culture I guess. The difference is nobody played the first one.

I guess someone at Ubi is getting fired, lol

I remember WD1 had an unusual amount of sexual content for a AAA game also, particularly in those side quests where you hacked into someone's TV or something. Those French Canadians don't really match with mainstream US culture I guess. The difference is nobody played the first one.

A vagina on a woman is sexual content

Plasma

Banned
Notice that after 15 pages no one has chosen to directly post the image on this forum. They have chosen to instead make the photo one click away for those that wish to see it. What is stopping these people from directly posting the image to NeoGAF? Do they fear a forum ban, or are they simply respectful to the content others may want to avoid?

GAF has it's own rules for sharing nude pics, as far as I know Twitter allows it. So again if Sony don't want those images getting out there on that platform they should be talking with Ubisoft not banning users over posting it.

Eolz

Update:

Sorry but...
#4theplayers

Hope they'll cancel it somehow, awful from Sony.

7roject28

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but does anyone else remember when Fox News accused Mass Effect of having fully rendered frontal nudity?

I haven't heard of Fox or any other news source criticizing video games in a long time. Either the medium has gained far more acceptance or I'm just not looking enough.

Anyway, terrible of Sony to not only uphold the ban but to lengthen it as well. Makes you wonder what you can get away with sharing from games that isn't sexual in nature.

Haha, I remember seeing that. They were like, You can do anything you want in that game. Have sex with anyone you want. Then I bought the game and was like, you fucking liars.

Was this intentional?

Seeing as OP hasn't done anything since his initial ban, it has to be because of these, right? I mean, I guess we don't really know, but if it is true then that's some heated dogshit.

The more I think about it, the more I feel the initial ban was dumb and it just spotlighted how sharing on PSN really needs tweaking so that you can "age-gate" or spoiler-tag (I don't know, can you do this? because you should), or whatever your posts. I mean, yeah... you can buy a game on their network that they're selling, and get banned for using a feature of a game console to share from that game. Seems shitty to me, and super-shitty that they're doubling down on it after it got attention.

On Xbox's feed, content gets filtered if a user is set as under 18 or under a 'child' setting. The "Parent" account can filter content based on "Adult" "Teen" "Child," and so the feed filters out content based on the appropriateness of a game.

http://www.howtogeek.com/255049/how-to-enable-parental-controls-on-your-xbox-one/

Once you're a "parent" account though, you have to filter content yourself if you don't want it. The default is that you see anything that one of your friend's shares.

black070

lol Sony, what a terrible year for them, everything they have done this year pissed me of or disappointed the hell out of me, it's incredible how disrespectful they can be with their fan base too, I'm not saying arrogant Sony is back but it's far for the greatness they were around PS4 launch, it's probably time for this company to get their shit together.

Jim-Carrey-What-the-hell-are-you-talking-about.gif

PetrCobra

Sony's gonna Sony. If all your games are physical, I'd be already deleting the account and selling the console. Maybe also do a chargeback on PSN+ payment or something. No reason to put up with a service that gets you banned from everything (not just sharing other stuff but also fucking playing online) without warning then bans you again for talking about it.

Also, why aren't there stories like this about MS and N? It always seems to be Sony, I swear.

You can shoot women in the head aned that's alright as long as they don't have vaginas
Well... In this case, you shoot a woman in the head and see the now dead woman's vagina. It does seem to be in poor taste.

One month ban is completely fucking ridiculous. I would fight that

Timeaisis

Sony's CS continues to be atrocious.

How did something like this even get past the ESRB?

You can have *some* nudity in M-rated games, but I doubt this would've flown if they found it.

I've said this earlier, but Sony is trying to save face with a ban, since they didn't catch it and Goron2000 did. It's kind of an atrocious policy, and I'm glad we are talking about it.

Top Bottom