• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I found out my uncle died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odoul

And I really don't feel torn up. At least not right now. It's always been like that for me. When my grandmother's and aunt died it wasn't until months later where it hit me like a TON of bricks.

I loved the guy. He had problems, but I believe he was really trying to change. He died in a prison infirmary. He had 7 months to go. I know he really wanted to get his shit together, but his past stumbles caught up with him.

Is he in hell? Is he in heaven? Is he lying on a coroners table waiting to go in the ground? I don't know but I truly hope he's found some peace.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
bad luck man that sucks. What did he die of?

the whole heaven hell thing is probably not something to concern yourself over.

Odoul

Liver cancer.

Healthwise I'm fucked. Heart problems and high blood pressure on my dad's side. Kidney and liver problems on my mom's side.

And as far as an afterlife. I was raised as a Witness, who preach noone goes to hell, heaven isn't really somewhere you go when you die either.

I'm really not sure if I believe in a God or what. I do know I'm personally terrified of dying.

jenov4

My condolences...

How old was he if you don't mind me asking?

And its never too late to change your lifestyle, you can certainly decrease your chances of getting heart disease, cancers, etc etc. You'd be surprised of what can be prevented with a proper diet and excercise.

karasu

You have my condolences dude. Don't drive yourself crazy wondering if he's in a heaven or a hell, it isn't really for men to decide.

I never cared much when any of my uncles/grandparents died... I don't know if I'm just cold or what, but I was never a "family guy" really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom