• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I got an RTX 3080 but I am now having frametime issues in Warzone that I did not have with my 1080.

Kenpachii

U bought a GPU from a new architecture day one and expect to not encounter issue's.

Practically nobody has drivers ready yet for those cards.

Also lol at console gamers acting like there shit tier 60 fps at 33ms is somehow better then 12ms worse points.

GHG

it is onlyWarzo

9900KS OC to 5.1. I tried removing the OC
Gigabyte Auorus Elite Z39
GIGABYTE Gaming OC 3080
Just bought new ram yesterday to try and fix it. 32GB Gskill Trident Z 3600
Corsair RMx 850

Latest drivers are the only ones that work with new cards

That system shouldn't have any issues at all in getting the most out of that card.

Have you double checked the basics like making sure it's seated properly, the power connectors to the card are properly connected etc?

Beyond that, check the bios settings. Make sure the PCIe slot is running at full speed x16 bandwidth.

Is it just this game you're having issues with or is the problem across everything you try and play?

Kenpachii

Just check if u got the same issue in all your other games then u know its something else other than drivers. Then just wait or complain on the nvidia forums so they probably release new drivers next week with fixes. If the issue stays in other games its probably something with your hardware such as a wonky power supply could also create this issue. To diagnose that underclock the gpu and see if the problem goes away. Other then that wait for new drivers.

Njocky

Banned
Ignore the large spikes, those are from entering the menu. I was lucky enough to get ahold of an RTX 3080, but I am having issues with frametimes in Warzone. I have pretty much a constant 125 locked FPS but the frame time constantly fluctuates between 6ms and 12ms and it is super noticeable.

I had a 1080 before and it played much smoother at 90 fps and I had no noticeable issues. Locking with RTSS or NVCP makes it smoother until there is a blip and it causes larger spikes upwards of 50ms so that isn't an option. I tried a fresh Windows install, updated my bios but that didn't work. Any ideas? I am uploading a 5 min clip with the live statistics.

87ZoAzq.png

Wow I'm impressed by what PC gamers are regularly going through to have an acceptable user experience after having forked the equivalent of 4 next gen consoles on one component. Higher frame rates and better draw distances are good but damn. The game play loop is the same and if I get 4k60 on most games on XSX (still a big if), hard for me to see what justifies the pain. I haven't reinstalled windows since windows 98.

Rbk_3

The console children in here...

Because yes, every console made has always been perfect and never, ever, had any sort of issue whatsoever.

FOH.

Yes, I bought XB1 and 360 at launch. Both were absolute shit shows. A new generation brings issues.

I just want to figure out if it is something in my system or an issue on Activison/Nvidias end.

Rbk_3

That system shouldn't have any issues at all in getting the most out of that card.

Have you double checked the basics like making sure it's seated properly, the power connectors to the card are properly connected etc?

Beyond that, check the bios settings. Make sure the PCIe slot is running at full speed x16 bandwidth.

Is it just this game you're having issues with or is the problem across everything you try and play?

As I mentioned, regular multiplayer i fine. I can lock it to 140fps with RTSS and have a perfect frametime. This seems to be just in the
Warzone mode.

RDR is also good. I haven’t tried anything else yet. I am going to chalk it up to drivers. I found a guy on Reddit with a 2700x having the same problems so it is happening it seems with Intel and AMD.

Kenpachii

As I mentioned, regular multiplayer i fine. I can lock it to 140fps with RTSS and have a perfect frametime. This seems to be just in the
Warzone mode.

RDR is also good. I haven’t tried anything else yet. I am going to chalk it up to drivers. I found a guy on Reddit with a 2700x having the same problems so it is happening it seems with Intel and AMD.

2000 ryzen series is riddled with framepace issue's. Wouldn't spend it another second of your attention on that guy.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
it is onlyWarzo

9900KS OC to 5.1. I tried removing the OC
Gigabyte Auorus Elite Z39
GIGABYTE Gaming OC 3080
Just bought new ram yesterday to try and fix it. 32GB Gskill Trident Z 3600
Corsair RMx 850

Latest drivers are the only ones that work with new cards
This is more than fine for the GPU. You need to wait for a little while mate till everyone figures their shit out

I've seen players hit 150+ playing Warzone on high settings using a 3080

GHG

Warzone mode.

If it's just warzone and not happening in other games then it's more likely an issue with the game running on the 30 series cards. Probably worth reporting it to the developers and nvidia and seeing what they say.

Edit: You are running the game from an SSD right?

Last edited:

Rbk_3

If it's just warzone and not happening in other games then it's more likely an issue with the game running on the 30 series cards. Probably worth reporting it to the developers and nvidia and seeing what they say.

Edit: You are running the game from an SSD right?

Samsung Evo 970 Nvme

Rbk_3

This is more than fine for the GPU. You need to wait for a little while mate till everyone figures their shit out

I've seen players hit 150+ playing Warzone on high settings using a 3080

I can hit over 150 but it isn’t a stable 150 and just magnifies these frametime issues.

HTK

Banned
You guys are like nagging Jehovahs' showing up at your door to try to convince you to thrash all your stuff and go to the mountains to wait for a pickup by a UFO. No one wants to hear it!

No... I'm a PC gamer myself and I'm just pointing out things I hate about the platform. Things like this happen all the time and some people may not like to be a google researcher/troubleshooter.

HTK

Banned
Console-only gamers don't even know what frametime is.

That's fine...? Not sure what your point here is. My point is simple, some people just want to play games and not be bothered by occasional troubleshooting between games....

But but frametime 😂 I know dis

RoboFu

One of the green rats
No shit I had the same type of issue with a Vega 64. The problem was that one of the cables that came with the Corsair psu was missing a pin that the gpu needed that the previous gpu didn't.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Did you do a fresh install after installing your 3080? Did you connect 2 pcie cables to your gpu, not daisy-chain it?

This is an important point. If you have a RTX card with two 8-pin plugs, you must use two separate PCIE power cables. That's the only way to give the card the power it needs. If you've connected a single PCIE power cable with two 8-pin plugs, the card will get only 150w from the power supply and that's not enough.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

Rbk_3

This is an important point. If you have a RTX card with two 8-pin plugs, you must use two separate PCIE power cables. That's the only way to give the card the power it needs. If you've connected a single PCIE power cable with two 8-pin plugs, the card will get only 150w from the power supply and that's not enough.

I initially had it daisy chained but after posting my setup on Reddit, they pointed that out and I put the 2nd one in. Still happens with 2. And I did the fresh install after getting the 3080

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
PC gaming.

So you bought the hottest new shit, and even though you're getting 120+fps, frametime fluctuates enough that you have to tinker instead of play

it doesn't matter what title you just downloaded, you're all playing the same gpu tools

i guess it's like car guys...spend all your time tinkering and talking specs, but you have to do wierd rituals while driving just to keep the engine going...when you finally get everything running, you still might explode on your way to 7/11 to get cigarettes
This guy is an idiot...

I play pc games all the time and have zero issues. One person having a problem doesn't mean everyone has problems.

Btw, 'memba RROD? I 'memba! Only those without sin can cast the first stone...

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
I'm just pointing out things I hate about the platform

The guy just had an issue with his computer and just want some help to solve it, so why the fuck do you keep going on and on about your OH I'M SO IMPORTANT right to keep whining?

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: HTK

JimboJones

And people wonder why most games prefer consoles (for what its worth, I for some reason enjoy getting stuff to work right on PC, Avengers for example was giving me weird Resolution issues that I fixed, the only game I've never fully been able to sort out was The Divison 2)
Well that's the thing, you can fix these issues most of the time with a bit of work. Now Bloodborne on PS4, tell me does that still have frametime issues 🤔

Knightime_X

Vsync?
Maybe locked 125 is incompatible with your monitor.
Try something that matches better.
What is your monitor's refresh rate?

HTK

Banned
The guy just had an issue with his computer and just want some help to solve it, so why the fuck do you keep going on and on about your OH I'M SO IMPORTANT right to keep whining?

You triggered? Because it sounds like you are.

My fault I didn't realize we were PC tech support, I'll keep it to a minimum.

SCB3

Well that's the thing, you can fix these issues most of the time with a bit of work. Now Bloodborne on PS4, tell me does that still have frametime issues 🤔

Pro with Boost mode ;)

Thats 1 game I wanna see if the PS5 improves things on with its PS4 mode

Very amateur thread for a PC user.

What resolution, in game settings, your settings in NVCP were used? Many games at ultra settings have highly variable framepacing at high fps especially in poorly optimized non competitive game modes like in cod warzare. Maybe you're hitting cpu ceiling at ultra settings in some areas of the map that you didnt noticed on a weaker gpu before. Do you get same framepacing issue in Counter strike or other proper competitive games?

Rbk_3

Very amateur thread for a PC user.

What resolution, in game settings, your settings in NVCP were used? Many games at ultra settings have highly variable framepacing at high fps especially in poorly optimized non competitive game modes like in cod warzare. Maybe you're hitting cpu ceiling at ultra settings in some areas of the map that you didnt noticed on a weaker gpu before. Do you get same framepacing issue in Counter strike or other proper competitive games?

1440p, mostly low settings with high Texture resolution. Same exact setting I had no issues with on my GTX 1080. I even tried locking at 90fps like I had on the 1080 and the issues still happen there.
Again, I don’t have these issues in regular multiplayer, so I would assume CS would be fine.

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

I don't expect it to fix it, but you could try the NVCP low latency mode settings, previously called pre-rendered frames. I'd normally point the finger at this (particularly Ultra) causing your issues but "On" might help change rendering behaviour.

Report it to Nvidia if you haven't already.

1440p, mostly low settings with high Texture resolution. Same exact setting I had no issues with on my GTX 1080. I even tried locking at 90fps like I had on the 1080 and the issues still happen there.
Again, I don’t have these issues in regular multiplayer, so I would assume CS would be fine.
Could simply the bad nvidia driver. If you intalled an OC utility that comes with the card try removing that first. [even something like mouse customization app can cause big frame spikes. Razer is notorious with their horrendous synapse app]

Its a good idea to check dpc latency as D Damian black mentioned. Use > LatencyMon 7.00

Bolivar687

Banned
I would just try not to worry about it. Frame times are an artificial talking point manufactured by Durante to deflect from AMD's Hawaii and Fiji cards having better value than their Nvidia equivalents.

There's a reason no one talks about it anymore.

Rbk_3

So I fixed it by lowering texture resolution from high to normal. That puts vram usage down from 5300mb to 4000mb.

Last edited:
So I fixed it by lowering texture resolution from high to normal. That puts vram usage down from 5300mb to 4000mb

Sounds like a game/nvidia issue but yes theres no reason to play warzone with high res textures anyway. No competitive mp should be played with max settings anyway.

Top Bottom