• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I hate Carth Onasi.

I just started up KotOR again.

I'm literally five minutes into the game (after the introduction) and I want to kill him. But I'm light side.

:(

Who else hates him?

GhaleonEB

Tom the Enchanter said:

I'm literally five minutes into the game (after the introduction) and I want to kill him. But I'm light side.

Who else hates him?
I killed every character I could in that game. Dark Side FTW.

Gigglepoo

Tell me about it. The worst part? I never got a chance to kill him. The bastard ran away! I spit on his future grave!

GhaleonEB said:
Surely, it is. However, in the first playthrough of games, being evil leaves me with pangs of guilt. In the second playthrough, I am free to hate all the characters and laugh at the misery I can cause.

GhaleonEB

Tom the Enchanter said:
Surely, it is. However, in the first playthrough of games, being evil leaves me with pangs of guilt. In the second playthrough, I am free to hate all the characters and laugh at the misery I can cause.
I felt guilty for a few hours. Then I met this helpless old lady getting mugged, and my true nature emerged. Destiny called, and all that.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
GhaleonEB said:

:lol yup. so ****ing bad ass when you start offing em all towards the end. what, you dont want to join the darkside? feel my saber bitch!

Eh, Carth was alright. It's been a long time, so maybe I would be less tolerant if I went a second go through.

Me...light side all the way baby...with a dash of darkside powers for good measure.

JayDubya

Banned
Draft said:
it's ok. Everyone hates Carth Onasi.

Women gamers (my wife included) love him. He is pretty much the most revered male "romancable" NPC ever. He has (HAD, I hope) a legion of fangirls. No, I'm not making this up.

This is not exactly an illustrious list, and it is entirely from Bioware because insofar as I know there haven't been any major jRPGs with female main characters and optional romance sidequests / dialogue.

His dialogue from a male Revan perspective is just lame and whiny and annoying, and the character has little redeeming quality. But then again, Bastila comes off pretty bad in the female game, so it breaks even, I think.

If Revan is female his dialogue and your response options are like 1000x better.

Avalon

MaddenNFL64 said:
I made Zaalbar kill Mission... good times :).

Honestly. I thought KOTOR was a decent game at best... but damn, that was one of the most evil thing I ever did in any western RPG. Gotta give credit to Bioware for that one. I actually felt pretty bad afterwards.

Carth always reminded me of Sean Casey...

06caseyseanstudioplusgw5.jpg

carthmg3.jpg

It is uncanny. You know, they call Sean Casey "The Mayor."

Kittonwy

Banned
Tom the Enchanter said:

Who else hates him?

I don't hate him, I finished the game on the light side, but then I didn't particularly like the characters in KOTOR.

Top Bottom