• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have a phone interview in half an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
im kinda nervous.. never had one before.. its actually for some recruiting agency.. they contacted me last friday..

do they usually ask technical questions over the pone? how long do they usually last?

any quick tips?

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Depends on what position you are applying for...

One thing with phone interviews - it's very hard to judge the feedback you are getting from the interviewer. Also, you should try to avoid dead-air by keeping the conversation going...

SickBoy

I've never had any problems with phone interviews. They've gone as well or maybe better than in-person interviews because you're in familiar surroundings...

The only time it's ever been weird is when I was in a phone interview and about four or five other management types were invited to sit in on speakerphone...

EDIT: JUst make sure you're relaxed and feel comfortable with chatting... showing a bit of personality... not a bad thing, IMO.

Dilbert

Justin Bailey said:
It helps to smile when you talk, people can tell even over the phone.
Yeah. I think the gist of what I recommended in the other threads is to act exactly like it's an in-person interview while on the phone. It's a good way to make sure you're using your active listening skills.

Particle Physicist

well.. that went well. i guess. i somewhat fumbled a little bit with a question or two.. but it was pretty cool overall. thanks for the advice guys..

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
awww :( We should have tried something new! You type their question and GAF responds... now there might be some trouble with timing... but you could pass that off as you being mildly retarded :).

Particle Physicist

TheQueen'sOwn said:
awww :( We should have tried something new! You type their question and GAF responds... now there might be some trouble with timing... but you could pass that off as you being midlly retarded :).

:lol.. maybe next time.. and it would probably have to be on irc.. for quicker responses..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom