• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have red hair, I can say ginger. You can't.

While the premise of the thread was too antagonistic, I can't help chuckling at the thought of reds (is that the correct term? or is it oranges?) going around saying "mah ginga".

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Thinking about it, can gingers red hair people even play Dark Souls? Or do they do a pyromancer lvl 1 run without upgrades? Isn't this a big barrier for them to overcome?

Also, can anyone think about a red haired game character that wasn't soulless or a soulsucking demon? I'm drawing a blank.

TrainedRage

Banned
Thinking about it, can gingers red hair people even play Dark Souls? Or do they do a pyromancer lvl 1 run without upgrades? Isn't this a big barrier for them to overcome?

Also, can anyone think about a red haired game character that wasn't soulless or a soulsucking demon? I'm drawing a blank.
You just made the list.

Edit: Yes, 'we' have a list.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
You people are always stirring trouble. Damn gin.. punks.
I mean.... Your not wrong. But watch it bud!

http://omgfacts.com/the-violent-history-of-red-hair/
In Biblical times, Judas the betrayer of Christ was often portrayed as a redhead. That was intentional, as a way to “other” him from Jesus’s remaining dark-haired apostles while also sneaking in subtly anti-Semitic stereotypes. That portrayal — perhaps more than any other — has influenced the perception of redheads as villains around the world.

Basoes

so where did we stand on the normal hair but red beard? I fall into this category, a light toned ginger?

so where did we stand on the normal hair but red beard? I fall into this category, a light toned ginger?

Sounds like the ginger equivalent of vitiligo. I don't know where your privilege falls in this case. It depends, red beard will likely mean that you're more privileged than those with red hair, but less privileged than those with red body hair. It goes on visibility, as gingerness is based on visible signals of gingerness and to the public ginger body hair just isn't treated as ginger. That might be its own silent discrimination and suppression of red power.
I would guess it would depend on the bushiness of the beard, the tone of redness and if you shave it often. People might just be thinking you've eaten tomato sauce or ketchup and spilled it on your beard, that falls into obvious fake gingerness and people will still view you as non-ginger and a lot of them will be appalled if they think you're doing Redbeard.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
My grandmother was English and had flame red hair. My pubes and beard have ginga hairs scattered throughout - I would guess maybe 30% are ginga. How many oppression points do I get?

Sounds like the ginger equivalent of vitiligo. I don't know where your privilege falls in this case. It depends, red beard will likely mean that you're more privileged than those with red hair, but less privileged than those with red body hair. It goes on visibility, as gingerness is based on visible signals of gingerness and to the public ginger body hair just isn't treated as ginger. That might be its own silent discrimination and suppression of red power.
I would guess it would depend on the bushiness of the beard, the tone of redness and if you shave it often. People might just be thinking you've eaten tomato sauce or ketchup and spilled it on your beard, that falls into obvious fake gingerness and people will still view you as non-ginger and a lot of them will be appalled if they think you're doing Redbeard.

Oh, god. The last line. LMAO

TrainedRage

Banned
I totally expected a thread full of pretty red heads :(

26220802763832b198925d17bceea7d7--story-inspiration-writing-inspiration.jpg

beautiful-brave-freckles-gentle-Favim.com-4057252.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

1.5% IS NOT ENOUGH..... REPRODUCE, MY GINGER BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

TrainedRage

Banned
^---------------------------------------- F*** You Guys! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrr. Make me so mad.

I ain't no Problem Child : Starring the Late Great John Ritter

zumphry

Banned
what if a non-redheaded child with cancer only had 3 weeks left to live and their last with to the make a wish foundation was to be able to say 'ginger' just once. are you telling me its not okay for a non-redhead to say ginger in that instance?

Burn it! Thinking about it, can you even burn gingers or are you just making them stronger? Isn't etherizing someone inherently to gingerize them? Problem Child 4: Mah Ginga we're burnin' souls now.

TrainedRage

Banned
what if a non-redheaded child with cancer only had 3 weeks left to live and their last with to the make a wish foundation was to be able to say 'ginger' just once. are you telling me its not okay for a non-redhead to say ginger in that instance?
Fuck that kid. If its wrong its wrong, that's the logic.

TrainedRage

Banned
Burn it! Thinking about it, can you even burn gingers or are you just making them stronger? Isn't etherizing someone inherently to gingerize them? Problem Child 4: Mah Ginga we're burnin' souls now.
That's for us to know...

When the sun touches our skin, we get points points from God, normies call them freckles, but they don't know the true meaning.

Last edited:
The only time it is acceptable for a non-redhead to say "ginger" is if, on Christmas Eve, as you just picked up the only present you could afford for your wife, a redheaded pseudoalbino covered in freckles mugs you and steals the present.

As he is running away, in all his Ron Howard-esque assholery, you can turn and yell, "You ginger!"

Last edited:

Fbh

My sister and two of my cousins have red hair.
I don't have red hair but I have red beard.

Where do I fall in line?

Hahah lol me too.

But you aren't asking the right questions here. Who cares if we can or can't say Ginger. But do we have a soul? Do we have half a soul? What te hell happens when we die ?

TrainedRage

Banned
Hahah lol me too.

But you aren't asking the right questions here. Who cares if we can or can't say Ginger. But do we have a soul? Do we have half a soul? What te hell happens when we die ?
Lol half breeds.
A true ginger never dies; but is reborn as red hairs on the beards of non believers.

Those random red colored pubes you have..... That's my great, great grans.

Last edited:
- image removed -

mask_eric_stoltz.jpg

Are all these gingas related?
(word of advice, this place is only for us of red hair pigmentation, our soulless constitution allows us not to be baited, which this clearly is)

-image removed-

How's it hanging? That's some pretty dark humor there mate, would be careful 'bout that 'round these parts. Or is the punchline that at least she won't get wet? :eek: Yikes, that's pretty edgy even for these parts.

Last edited:
Yeah, let's not turn into /pol/. We can joke about modern identity politics without being disrespectful towards those who have suffered during the worst of racial prejudice.

Yeah, let's not turn into /pol/. We can joke about modern identity politics without being disrespectful towards those who have suffered during the worst of racial prejudice.

That'd be one thing, if said post wasn't an attempt at disruption of a topic that clearly went into jolly fun instead of its antagonistic origin, by going for the *shock factor*. More so, the humor is multi-layered (if anyone spotted it) and self-conscious, so hardly /pol/ material and hardly disrespectful.

That'd be one thing, if said post wasn't an attempt at disruption of a topic that clearly went into jolly fun instead of its antagonistic origin, by going for the *shock factor*. More so, the humor is multi-layered (if anyone spotted it) and self-conscious, so hardly /pol/ material and hardly disrespectful.

I just wouldn't have acknowledged the bait. Granted, I think the use of Emmet Till and a lynching photo as bait is disrespectful in and of itself, but responding to it in a mocking way just brings you down to that same level.

Just ignore it. No reason to sink to their level.

Top Bottom