• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have red hair, I can say ginger. You can't.

Probably not a good idea to not make assumptions about the lives of other people.

I grew up poor as shit, black, in Baltimore in the 90s.

No need to play oppression Olympics to make the cliché, centuries-old "argument" that black people aren't actually oppressed and just complain too much. I question the instinct that makes you feel like assuming that I actually have an easy life, and I don't have legitimate things to be upset about or feel I'm treated unfairly. If there was a subject that was sensitive to you because of the hardships you or your people have faced or continue to face, I would respect that. All I ask is that you do the same, in acknowledging and respecting the fact that both historically, and to this day, black people have remained an oppressed people and the n-word is used to denigrate us further.

Most people in normal American society, that aren't racists, don't really have this problem that so many on the internet seem to have, where they get so furious at this word making black people upset when white people use it.

I would think the history and social context speaks for itself and would make it obvious why this is the case, and to many people it is! But alas, neoGAF is not like "many people".

Being poor doesnt even come close to being oppressed by the soviets. Nice try troll

Exactly, so pretty much everyone on the internet partaking in these debates in just an entitled ingrate... Unless you happen to be in you 50s or older at least...

edit: also creamy, nsfw dude...

No. I already pointed out in that same quote one way the legacy continued, as well as the prolonged woes from it being in place for so long.

A lot of people on voat and the bore have tried to say they are me, and I am a troll. I've never been on voat.

I guarantee you, I am the genuine article.

I was banned from Era for calling out transphobic posters by name at a moment when that was uncalled for and inflammatory.

I'm close to 90% sure you are someone from the cow boards, and probably are also Lime.

CreamCream

Banned
Maybe a black person should not have asked a white person to read a word black people do not want white people to read.
lol you're bringing up the Kendrick lamar case, which I never even mentioned, in a thread full of people mocking black people's history with the n-word.

CreamCream

Banned
Being poor doesnt even come close to being oppressed by the soviets. Nice try troll
I'm not trolling.

I would be perfectly willing to go into detail about the nature of how black people are being oppressed by systemic racism in the inner cities, if you care to know.

Again, I'm not playing oppression Olympics and trying to pin one struggle against another. I'm just saying that black people's struggle is our own, and I think it should be as respected as anyone else's. I've never denigrated you, your culture, your struggle in anyway. Do I not deserve the same courtesy?

I'm close to 90% sure you are someone from the cow boards, and probably are also Lime.

Not sure what you mean by "cow" boards, sorry. And so many people call me Lime. I don't know if I even ever read a single Lime post.

You can think what you want.

Last edited:
lol you're bringing up the Kendrick lamar case, which I never even mentioned, in a thread full of people mocking black people's history with the n-word.

I bring up the Kendrick Lamar case because it inspired this topic - this is all just making fun of what that case represents.

Nah, CreamCream CreamCream is a troll, plain and simple. To deny that is to deny history, and you don't want to be on the wrong side of history, do you?
I don’t mind it lol. I’m just saying what another forum labels a poster shouldn’t be relevant here. Gaf staff is capable of determining what’s what here.

Last edited:

CreamCream

Banned
I don’t mind it lol. I’m just saying what another forum labels a poster shouldn’t be relevant here. Gaf staff is capable of determining what’s what here.
Thank you. Yes, I was a prominent era poster. And I also posted on the bore. But the truth really is that some people, I don’t know how many, have such a problem with me that they like to go on voat and the bore and pretend to be me and be a troll. I’m not a troll.

Everything I say is my honest to god truth.
Dismissing someone as a troll, making assumptions about their life and that they are privileged to dismiss their arguments.... ironic for you guys, you have to admit.

Cybrwzrd

Banned

I'm not willing to offer up that level of forgiveness. Same reason I kill wasp nests on my house before they get big, so I have less annoyances in my life.

cr0w

Old Member
They labeled themselves, no one had to do it for them.

One thing's for damn sure though, GAF's post count is about to go way the fuck up, since CreamCream CreamCream somehow manages to post twice every second. Maybe they're not a troll, maybe they're some master of interdimensional shitposting.

Last edited:

CreamCream

Banned
Forgiveness? I wasn’t aware they had a history here. Seems to be a new account.
I was a very empassioned poster. What many here would call an SJW in the truest sense of the word.

But for some reason instead of taking me in good faith and believe that everything I say is genuine and how I feel, it’s easier and simpler for them to accuse me of being a troll. Or just pretend to be me and say “I’m a troll.”

I was a very empassioned poster. What many here would call an SJW in the truest sense of the word.

But for some reason instead of taking me in good faith and believe that everything I say is genuine and how I feel, it’s easier and simpler for them to accuse me of being a troll. Or just pretend to be me and say “I’m a troll.”
Did you have a previous account here?

bitbydeath

People here trying to say this is “satire” not trolling, to make it sound less shitty, I guess?

But what exactly are you “satirizing”? The way black people react to the n-word? Sorry that the reaction to a damaging dehumanizing slur, created by their oppressors and given to them after their entire culture and identity was stripped and beaten out of them, replaced with only that word as their sole identitify. Less than human. An object, a tool.

If a red haired person asked that I not say ginger around them, I wouldn’t. And I certainly wouldn’t mock them for expressing the discomfort, pain and trauma that comes from something like, I don’t know, over 400 years of nothing but oppression, for example. I wouldn’t do this, because I don’t know what’s it’s like to be a redhead, so I’d have to be a real asshole to think I can be assured that the thing they think is a big deal, isn’t actually a big deal, so I’m not an asshole for mocking it.

It’s really easy to turn everything into a joke if you pretend context doesn’t exist.

People who respond to this post by going “I don’t know what you’re talking about. This thread is about the slur ginger!” , are just proving my point that they refuse to be empathetic.

You should be empathetic to the victims and only the victims, not those who scream victim but have no physical perpetrators. It doesn’t matter if you’re a red head, woman, or black etc.

They’re just causing more trouble because they want to be treated ‘special’ when that is hurting the cause and people should actually be treated like everyone else.

Playing the victim all the time or saying X can’t say Y is childish behaviour and not the right way to go about healing things.

Hence the satire.

Last edited:

CreamCream

Banned
You should be empathetic to the victims and only the victims, not those who scream victim but have no physical perpetrators. It doesn’t matter if you’re a red head, woman, or black etc.

They’re just causing more trouble because they want to be treated ‘special’ when that is hurting the cause and people should actually be treated like everyone else.

Playing the victim all the time or saying X can’t say Y is childish behaviour and not the right way to go about healing things.

Hence the satire.
The “satire” appears to be denigrating ALL black people for being uncomfortable with white people using the word, and some posters have expressed as much.

I get the feeling you guys believe that only a very small amount of black people get legitimately upset about it.

BANGS

Banned
Black peoplr are still being oppressed systemically and denigrated to this very day. This is a fact.
Not in America, or most western 1st world nations for that matter...

I’m sorry history is so uncomfortable to you. But this is my history.
No it's not. You weren't alive then. You're standing on the graves of those that actually faced oppression and spitting on all the hard work they did to make sure you were born free. You are judging yourself by the color of your skin rather than the content of your own character. Sad...

Also don't speak for me, I'm very comfortable with my history...

bitbydeath

The “satire” appears to be denigrating ALL black people for being uncomfortable with white people using the word, and some posters have expressed as much.

I get the feeling you guys believe that only a very small amount of black people get legitimately upset about it.

If people feel that strongly then it should be ruled as a swear word that nobody SHOULD say. They can still say it like any other but they shouldn’t. And again it should apply to everyone otherwise that too is racism.

CreamCream

Banned
Not in America, or most western 1st world nations for that matter...

No it's not. You weren't alive then. You're standing on the graves of those that actually faced oppression and spitting on all the hard work they did to make sure you were born free. You are judging yourself by the color of your skin rather than the content of your own character. Sad...

Also don't speak for me, I'm very comfortable with my history...
Clearly you have some lapses in your history. There are many sources readily available that show how black people are being currently oppressed by systematic racism.

In the same way that you guys love to tell liberals that being mean and dismissive to everyone who disagrees with you makes them dig in their beliefs further, perhaps you should try another method of uplifting black people that doesn’t involve ignoring and downplaying how they are treated, assuming it’s not happening just because you don’t live it, and thus accusing those black people of being over sensitive, or just liars.

There has literally never been a single point in America history where black people, or any minority of course, has been “equal”, and systemic racism, as well as the very casual racism such as in this thread, is just going to keep on going if you continue to plug your ears and close your eyes and go lalala like so many do.

CreamCream

Banned
If people feel that strongly then it should be ruled as a swear word that nobody SHOULD say. They can still say it like any other but they shouldn’t. And again it should apply to everyone otherwise that too is racism.
It isn’t a rule anyone decided that black people can say it and whites cant. It’s iust what happens after you know, hundreds of years of white people using it to insult and oppress us, and that be the identity we are forced to have, it makes sense that the word is going to stick in our community.

Plenty of normal people don’t have any trouble understanding and respecting this, and they certainly don’t get mad about it.

bitbydeath

It isn’t a rule anyone decided that black people can say it and whites cant. It’s iust what happens after you know, hundreds of years of white people using it to insult and oppress us, and that be the identity we are forced to have, it makes sense that the word is going to stick in our community.

Plenty of normal people don’t have any trouble understanding and respecting this, and they certainly don’t get mad about it.

Who’s getting mad? I’m just saying you can’t fight racism with more racism.

Holding grudges for events that took place before you were born is silly. You can’t change it.

CreamCream

Banned
Who’s getting mad? I’m just saying you can’t fight racism with more racism.

Holding grudges for events that took place before you were born is silly. You can’t change it.
It’s not “holding a grudge”.

That seems to be the thing people are having trouble understanding. When white prople say it, it genuinely upsets us because it was used by white people to oppress us for hundreds of years and still is. It “triggers” (yes that’s right) a reaction. That isn’t holding a grudge.

bitbydeath

It’s not “holding a grudge”.

That seems to be the thing people are having trouble understanding. When white prople say it, it genuinely upsets us because it was used by white people to oppress us for hundreds of years and still is. It “triggers” (yes that’s right) a reaction. That isn’t holding a grudge.

Whatever you want to call it.

Holding resentment for events that took place before you were born is silly. You weren’t alive then, those events have nothing to do with who you are today.

Do you really think most white people look back on it like that was the golden years?

We’re in a different time.

CreamCream

Banned
Whatever you want to call it.

Holding resentment for events that took place before you were born is silly. You weren’t alive then, those events have nothing to do with who you are today.

Do you really think most white people look back on it like that was the golden years?

We’re in a different time.
We are in a different time, but not that different. Black people are not treated equally in our society, today. They never have been.

Those events have a lot to do with who I am today. I am a black person. This affects literally every area of my life. Being blind to color is only going to make it worse if you keep ignoring reality.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

We are in a different time, but not that different. Black people are not treated equally in our society, today. They never have been.

Those events have a lot to do with who I am today. I am a black person. This affects literally every area of my life. Being blind to color is only going to make it worse if you keep ignoring reality.

I’m all for equality and believe everyone needs to play a role in it.

If everyone were blind to colour you wouldn’t have racism. You wouldn’t have those feeling sorry about themselves which perpetrates it and you wouldn’t have people hating a specific group. Everyone would get hated equally.

CreamCream

Banned
I’m all for equality and believe everyone needs to play a role in it.

If everyone were blind to colour you wouldn’t have racism. You wouldn’t have those feeling sorry about themselves which perpetrates it and you wouldn’t have people hating a specific group. Everyone would get hated equally.
I agree. A fantasy world like that sounds nice.

It really is a shame that black oeople being vocally (key word) upset about racism makes people more racist.

Zog

Banned
Black peoplr are still being oppressed systemically and denigrated to this very day. This is a fact.

And you do realize many black people’s parents and grandparents, you know the people whose livelihood determines their childrens, were alive during that time right?

Stop being obtuse.

I posted many images showing the different ways in which the n-word was used against us over the years. It was deleted by a mod. If you have trouble seeing how that’s relevsnt to this discussion, I don’t know what to tell you.

I’m sorry history is so uncomfortable to you. But this is my history.
This shit is never going to end is it. You are going to forever be complaining about racism.

Maybe everyone should stop using it. If you can't defang the word then kill the word.

Last edited:

pr0cs

What if I identify as a red head? I mean, if you look at me I'm more auburn color but my mother has red hair and my grandparents are clearly red heads. My closest friends are all red heads and they don't mind that I use ginger terminology in jest.
It's complicated, I just don't know how red is red enough, I worry that if people look at me they will say I'm not a redhead and simply shouldn't use the word at all.

Help?

CreamCream

Banned
This shit is never going to end is it. You are going to forever be complaining about racism.

Maybe everyone should stop using it too. If you can't defang the word then kill the word.
As long as racism continues to systematic oppress black people, yes, I will continue to complain, debate, argue, educate on, and fight it until the day I die.

Also can you say with 100% honesty, that every single black person on the planet suddenly tomorrow all decided that we were never going to say the word ever again and it was never uttered by another black person ever that white people would stop using it to insult us? Or that systemic racism would stop?

If you say you believe this, you’re either a liar or very naive. Really, it’s white people’s word. They started it. Doubt they’d ever give it up.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
What if I identify as a red head? I mean, if you look at me I'm more auburn color but my mother has red hair and my grandparents are clearly red heads. My closest friends are all red heads and they don't mind that I use ginger terminology in jest.
It's complicated, I just don't know how red is red enough, I worry that if people look at me they will say I'm not a redhead and simply shouldn't use the word at all.

Help?
You must take this long journey yourself my child. It will be a hard one, full of "fiery" insults and weird looks. But if you prevail, you will become one of the enlightened. This is a path you must walk alone my child. God speed!

bitbydeath

As long as racism continues to systematic oppress black people, yes, I will continue to complain, debate, argue, educate on, and fight it until the day I die.

Also can you say with 100% honesty, that every single black person on the planet suddenly tomorrow all decided that we were never going to say the word ever again and it was never uttered by another black person ever that white people would stop using it to insult us? Or that systemic racism would stop?

If you say you believe this, you’re either a liar or very naive. Really, it’s white people’s word. They started it. Doubt they’d ever give it up.

Black people wouldn't stop saying it, neither would white people.
It will likely be said a lot less on both sides though.

Zog

Banned

So it's never going to end. Not sure why white people are bothering to try and appease black people, it's a no win scenario.

Last edited:

CreamCream

Banned
So it's never going to end. Not sure why white people are bothering to try and appease black people, it's a no win scenario.
It’s a shame that equality and fair treatment isn’t considered a win to you, but I’m glad not everyone shares your belief.

Unfortunately so much damage has been and continues to be done to black people, and so many people ignore it or believe it doesn’t exist that I agree with you it will never end.

This thought, among others, keeps me from wanting to have children.

CreamCream

Banned
Ok stop bullshitting.
I’m not bullshiting. Kids kind of suck and The responsibility commitment is obviously reason number one but it would be a lie if I said I wanted to have to deal with making sure my child understood the realities of race in this country and that they will be treated a certain way because of the color of their skin.

My mom tells me she’s thankful for my lighter skin and disarming speaking voice.

I would LOVE to raise my child to be colorblind and not see race at all, but that would be like telling them Santa Claus exists. And they would quickly realize I was lying.

Last edited:
I’m not bullshiting. Kids kind of suck and The responsibility commitment is obviously reason number one but it would be a lie if I said I wanted to have to deal with making sure my child understood the realities of race in this country and that they will be treated a certain way because of the color of their skin.

My mom tells me she’s thankful for my lighter skin and disarming speaking voice.

I would LOVE to raise my child to me colorblind and not see race at all, but that would be like telling them Santa Claus exists.

Lol, okay so you are a troll then. Good spot to that one poster.

CreamCream

Banned
I understand that the realities of racial injustice can be difficult for many who don’t live them to comprehend or empathize with, so they seem to reflexively assume the person on the other side is a liar, disingenuous, so that they don’t have to wrestle with the challenge of considering the weight and power of the things they say, especially if it means they might have to change something about themselves.

I know you guys know about that, dealing with people from the other place.

But I swear on my life that everything I’ve said here is completely genuine and I’m perfectly willing to talk to anyone about it on Discord or Skype or a phone call or FaceTime or whatever where voice and seeing a person’s face and their sincerity can do what text can’t.

I have a serious anger problem and I’m trying hard to express myself in Waays where I can still passionately deliver my feelings on these topics but I don’t get so heated that people will immediately dismiss me because I insult or yell at them. I would figure everyone here would appreciate that considering how you guys talk all the time but being completely polite and genuine seems to be leading to the same dismissal.

The truth is that yes there are plenty of young black people who do not want to have children because of the realities of how black people are treated in America.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned

Indeed. I highly recommend deploying the new ignore function. Not only does it hide posters posts, it also hides any quotes attributed to them as well.

Last edited:

CreamCream

Banned
I guess ignorance is bliss. I’m definitely used to it but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t really frustrating. A lot of people here don’t want to listen.

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
I guess ignorance is bliss. I’m definitely used to it but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t really frustrating. A lot of people here don’t want to listen.

...and you don't want to listen. Nothing white people do to condemn racism will ever satisfy you. It's a fool's errand.

I don't know what else you want, people are banned from most forums and social media for making racists comments. Celebrities who do it lose their career and most people in the real world seem to publicly condemn racism. I think the last few years have seen more condemnation of racism than I have seen in my 4 decades alive. It's never enough though and it never will be.

Top Bottom