• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have SO MANY games I need to beat:(

I don't know how to do it. I have a mix of RPGS, SRPGs, Platformers, etc. I've been playing FFVII and I'm now at the The Temple of the Ancients. Call it blasphemy, but while I think it's ok, it's not near my favorite RPG. FFIX is still my fav. Anyway, I don't suppose you guys have any tips on how to beat all my games?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Stop buying games and force yourself to play one game at a time

I have a huge backlog too but I don't really care if I don't beat them all cause at this point, it feels like a chore to do so. I'll play any game that I feel like that will give me a good marginal satisfaction rather than confining myself to one game

SKluck

Banned
KOTOR, PGR2, Crimson Skies, Top Spin, Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, and a couple budget xbx games, I haven't played for more than 3 hours, combined.

And I bought them about 8 months ago, some with the TRU 3 for 2 deal in the fall.

Yeah I suck.

Xizk

I recently beat Zelda:WW after I had been stuck on the Tri-Force hunt for almost a year.
And I still haven't beaten Metroid Prime...

Other games in my backlog is: Beyond Good & Evil, Shining Force for the GBA, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Vagrant story.

I never get the motivation to start playing most of my Singleplayer games. I think they are good games but still It feels like a chore playing them.

Bowser

Yeah, I've decided to just rent "one-and-done" games, like platformers (except for games that I really liked, such as Metroid Prime) and focus on buying multiplayer games (sports, Super Monkey Ball, etc.) because I get more enjoyment out of them with the added bonus of playing against friends instead of just the computer.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get the urge to beat as many games now. but I do get the urge to pick a favourite and never stop until that one is done, I've done that with monkey ball, doing it with monkey ball 2, possibly f zero GX, but racing has never been my forte (and its really freakin hard), HALO on legendary single player, Mario sunshine, Zelda TWW and currently in the middle of fire emblem.

I don't really buy that many games anymore, just Nintendo releases and good Live games.

Matlock

Banned
If I don't really want to beat a game, I trade or sell it. :p

Here's to hoping I can beat Ico, Psi-Ops, and Mark of Kri before Tales of Symphonia takes over, tho.

I have a bunch of games I need to beat too. Let's see: Metroid Prime, Final Fantasy Tactics, FF:TA(probably won't though, I did not like it), Mario and Luigi, FFX2, and KOTOR(I just started it tonight).

darkiguana

yoshifumi

Banned
i finally got myself caught up as far as beating all the games i own is concerned. unfortunately there's about a dozen games that i want to buy right now.

Pimpbaa

I don't understand how people can not finish games they like. I finish every game I get. Then again I am very selective about what I buy. Are you guys like buying every game you see or something?

Matlock

Banned
Mr. Lemming said:
I've given up on beating games.

I mean... I haven't beaten Luigi's Mansion yet, and I like the game a lot.

It's only like a four hour game, man. Just give it some love, and it'll give you love back.

Ramirez

I've knocked out Ninja Gaiden and Pandora Tomorrow in the past 2 days,so I'm making progress :D

I'm like 12 games away from finishing my live season and have over half of my MVP games played,I don't think I'll finish it though,cuz once NCAA hits I know thats all I'll play,heh.

stonedwal

Trying to push through the last few bits of my backlog at the moment - still 29 games to go, but it's a bit discouraging when you're trying to finish a bunch of games and they're all 30 hour collection fests or RPGs.

Hopefully it won't get this bad again, as I am buying fewer games than ever before.

yacobod

Banned
i need to complete

maximo vs the army of zin (almost there)
shinobi
the mark of kri (almost there)
ico (havent started yet)

hopefully finish all of them before the onslaught of ncaa and madden

they will take up entirely too much time

shibbs

Meh, i got lots of games i have to beat aswell, although i did finish half-life, PGR2 and Metroid prime lately.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
I'm thinking I'll never finish Adv Wars 100%

I've finished the main Campaign mode, but there's still Adv Campaign, heaps of War Room maps to complete and my rank still isn't maxxed out. It's such a huge game in terms of the amount of time it absorbs.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm in an equally confused place, gaming-wise. I have a lot of games I have not finished, some I've barely touched. I used to finish every game I bought as a child. Maybe it's a combination of being jaded, having more money so purchases hold less "investment" for me (i.e. the game have less value..I don't feel I have to get everything I can out of it), plus simply having less time now. I find myself drawn toward shorter, simpler games now - like Wario Ware etc. Maybe Nintendo was on to something with that whole "short but sweet" vibe they had going on in the first gen of GC software..

etiolate

Banned
This is the first time I've had a backlog of games to play and beat in my life. I think it ruins or taints you as a gamer. You don't spend the time to really understand and explore a game, because you can just move on to another game. It's like having a lot of friends but no close friends.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I just got back from a long vacation in Siesta Key (Florida) and I brought some gaming with me...

Sure, I spent plenty of time outside on the beach...but I also got a lot of gaming in and it was, quite frankly, the best gaming I have done in a very long time. I was actually compelled to not only finish the games I had with me but also master all aspects of them. I finished a whole slew of games and it felt great!!

Of all of the games I brought with me that I had not completed prior to leaving, Mario Sunshine was the only one that I still didn't finish. I tried to play it, but I really dislike the few missions that are left for me...

Oddly enough, my two most played games were Megaman Network Transmission and Sonic Heroes. MNT is actually very good but quite difficult (well, mostly a handful of the bosses). Of course, they can all be finished with good strategies...but they were not immediately obvious. The fact that I had no gamefaqs or anything really made it more satisfying to beat them (Brightman and Elecman were particularly difficult).

Sticking to one game until it is truly finished really IS the way to go!

Top Bottom