• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I havent used Xbox live in 4 years. Will my old account still exist?

BA005

I used to have an Xbox with a live account. But I havent used it for a long time. I'm soon about to purchase a 360, so would like to get back onto xbox live.

But I have no idea what my old password was, or even my address at that time, or what email address I registered with the account.

But it's my username that I want to keep. Do you think I need to contact MS about this?

Has anyone been through the same thing?

Many thanks for taking the time to look ar my question.

Everdred

No, it won't. There is a period of time of inactivity that they completely block the gamertag. I believe its 1 year. I don't know if they still do it, but back in the day before 360 they did. I know this because my original gamertag is blocked. Even though I know all the information for it and they refuse to unlock it.

I'm afraid you may have to create a new gamertag. strange_booj is correct, they do lock inactive accounts, however. You can get them to activate them again if you talk to the right person and have all the details relating to the account.

Unfortunatly for you, because you don't remember the password or e-mail connected to the account this will not be possible.

This is also a problem for myself, though slightly different. The gamertag I use is my 3rd choice. 1st and 2nd choices for my gamertag were created by people that no longer use Xbox Live. So those gamertags are locked rather than deleted which means nobody else can use them.

tirant

ukresistance said:
I'm afraid you may have to create a new gamertag. strange_booj is correct, they do lock inactive accounts, however. You can get them to activate them again if you talk to the right person and have all the details relating to the account. Unfortunatly for you, because you don't remember the password or e-mail connected to the account this will not be possible.

This is also a problem for myself, though slightly different. My current gamertag is basicly my 3rd choice. 1st and 2nd choices for my gamertag were created by people that no longer use Xbox Live. So those gamertags are locked rather than deleted which means nobody else can use them.

I will call later today. I still have my old details (name, credit card number), but that account never had an e-mail connected to it.

Top Bottom