• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just got a Kinect for my 360...now what?

Alx

anyone knows how much they buy the xbox one kinect for at gamestop?

I don't know about brick&mortar shops, but you may want to sell it online, the prices are actually quite high now that it's not manufactured any more (quick look at ebay shows second-hand cameras sold between $30 and $80. The USB adaptor is especially on demand, too.

Pejo

This is one of the most unexpected necrobumps I've seen on GAF in quite some time. I actually expected it to be much much older considering the topic title.

Alx

Seriously guys, all your silly attempts at humor feel even older than the necrobump itself. "Throw it away it's shit. Har har I'm so original and on topic !".
now waiting for someone to quote my avatar...

Last edited:

-MD-

Seriously guys, all your silly attempts at humor feel even older than the necrobump itself. "Throw it away it's shit. Har har I'm so original and on topic !".

I don't think anyone is trying to be funny, pretty sure everyone is serious.

Alx

It's even sadder if you're serious. What's the point of spitting your bile now, for hardware that's been out of production for several years ? Some guy asked an honest question 6 months ago about "vintage" stuff, and you find it relevant today to ignore the question but pile on said stuff ?

LilJoka

Kinect is really cool. I play one of those games it has, quite good, can't remember the name. Have fun with your new purchase.

Journey

Banned
Personally what I think was worth buying:

Dance Central - Excellent game, best of Kinect
Kinect Disneyland Adventures - Underrated and pretty good
Fantasia Music Evolved - Excellent game
Gunstringer - Fun game
Child of Eden - Excellent with or without Kinect, but best experienced with Kinect.
Fruit Ninja - This game was designed for swiping, works perfectly with Kinect.
Kinect Party - Fun with the kids
Yourshape Fitness Evolved - My favorite workout game
Just Dance 2014 - Not as accurate as Dance Central, but fun in parties.
Kinect Sports - Great game

Last edited:

Gideon_128

Kind off off topic but a friend asked me if Skype still works on the 360. Anyone know?
I don't believe Skype was ever on 360 only X1.
JVdKCi2.jpg

Happy Action Theater by Double Fine (eventually updated and re-branded as Kinect Party) is by far the greatest interactive kids game ever made, and it's not even close.

This game was running 24/7 at my house for years and my wife still gripes about the lack of it on X1 to this day.
This^^

GuessWho

If you want to exercise, try your fitness evolved. Lost so much weight and really did get in great shape. I really miss that game.

If you want to exercise, try your fitness evolved. Lost so much weight and really did get in great shape. I really miss that game.

I feel like there's a large part of the casual market Microsoft missed out on with the lack of fitness games and Dance Central.

Dance Central was always the go to game for people at parties. I know people love to shit on the Kinect, but Dance Central had absolutely insane widespread appeal.

Top Bottom