• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just had a Gamer Day.

Slo

Being a married homeowner with two kids has put a serious hurting on my "me time" over the last 4 years. Being the slavedriver that she is, my wife insists that I "get up before noon and go to work" and "pay attention to my kids". Consequently, my gaming time has been drastically reduced since my bachelor days. But this weekend was different. My wife took the kids out of state to her mother's place for a night, and left me to fend for myself. I had absolutely nothing to do, and no responsibility. No lawn to mow, no projects to finish, no homework from the office. Nothing but 24 hours of pizza, beer, and videogames. And it felt good! Over the course of the day I played approximately 14 hours, stopping only to sleep, grab another slice, or to take a piss. I was the laziest man on in the country, if only for one day. In my Hutt-like state, I managed to plow through 3 planets in KOTOR and took a severe beating in many-a-game of UT2K4.

After I had properly glutonized myself and couldn't play another minute, I pryed myself off the couch and off to bed.

So when was your last Gamer Day?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Everyday is gamer day for the single, part-time worker lazy-ass college student. (Insert Nelson laugh). ;)

cvxfreak

I haven't had a good gaming day since I plowed through Sonic Adventure DX last year. Glad to see you enjoyed yourself. ;)

BeOnEdge

Banned
the last 2 weekends before this one were gamer weekends for me finishing up riddick. i barely play during the week any more. just too tired from work.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I was just down in Siesta Key a couple weeks ago and basically had a "Gamer Week". I finished a ton of games (not just up until the endings but actually CONQUER) and had a blast. I obviously spent time on the beach, but when I wasn't outside I was gaming. Loved it!

DCX

DCX
Next week is going to be my " Gamer Week " i haven't had one since i've been living in my new apartment...i will soon though.

DCX

Birbo

Lucky bastard! I'm also a homeowner with one kid and one more on the way. Can't remember the last time I had a gamer's day. My wife is a teacher and is off work for the summer so by the time I get home from work, she's ready for someone else to watch my tazmanian devil-child for a few hours.

puck1337

I sure could use a Gamer Day. Just bought a house and a cheap but decent 5.1 setup, but haven't had any time to use the freedom yet, what with a job and wife.

Slo

puck1337 said:
I sure could use a Gamer Day. Just bought a house and a cheap but decent 5.1 setup, but haven't had any time to use the freedom yet, what with a job and wife.

Yeah, I'm specifically avoiding making home theatre purchases because I don't want to watch my equipment become obsolete without getting any real use.

CVXFREAK said:
I haven't had a good gaming day since I plowed through Sonic Adventure DX last year. Glad to see you enjoyed yourself. ;)

I wouldn't call that a very good day ;)

Sonic Adventure was great, but the GameCube DX version blows.

spangler

I teach high school and, as such, have the summers off. I am also blessed to not have any children and a girlfriend who works all day. As you can imagine, I've had quite a number of "gamer days" these last few weeks and anticipate many more in the weeks to come. The only real problem with so much free time is the constant temptation to drive around town spending too much cash on more games/cds/books and stuff. Budgeting is my best friend over the summer, but the desire to let the cash flow free remains.

Ranger X

Last gamer day was yesterday! I did replug my N64 and SNES and had a blast with Mario 64 (shit man, once again i felt how superior to Sunshine this game is). After that i finished the hell out of Castlevania Dracula X and tried to finish also all 3 Ninja Gaiden on my Ninja Gaiden Trilogy cart. Well, i didn't finished all Ninja Gaidens... too tough for the amount of beer and fatigue i had at this point...

Iceman

I rarely get a good gaming day in but last friday a few friends came over to my place bringing with them a projector. Xbox on the wall. We played multiplayer Halo, Crimson Skies, Medal of Honor, etc. between 8pm and 2am (then watched Pitch Black) all on the far wall of my living room. 12 foot by 9 foot multiplayer goodness.

We're doing that again soon. oh yes.

Slo

spangler said:
I teach high school and, as such, have the summers off. I am also blessed to not have any children and a girlfriend who works all day. As you can imagine, I've had quite a number of "gamer days" these last few weeks and anticipate many more in the weeks to come. The only real problem with so much free time is the constant temptation to drive around town spending too much cash on more games/cds/books and stuff. Budgeting is my best friend over the summer, but the desire to let the cash flow free remains.

Damn you.

ge-man

I work and go to school over the summer, but the weekends are fairly free so I do get to have my gamer days frequently. This past weekend was Four Swords again. Also, after reading the JSR appreaciation thread I dug out my copy and played through that. This upcomming weekend I need to get my butt in gear and rent Riddick.

SickBoy

I've put a surprising amount of time into KOTOR in the last 2 weeks. Largely a huge weekend session on the weekend before last. I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 31 hours in now. Scary.

It's definitely the most gaming-intensive stretch I've had in quite some time. And I almost never enjoy RPGs :)

-SB

Slo

SickBoy said:
I've put a surprising amount of time into KOTOR in the last 2 weeks. Largely a huge weekend session on the weekend before last. I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 31 hours in now. Scary.

It's definitely the most gaming-intensive stretch I've had in quite some time. And I almost never enjoy RPGs :)

-SB

Where are you at SB? I'm at about 35 hours, play darkside. I'd be more specific but I don't want to spoilerize you.

suikodan

Funny thread, I was about to write a similar one.

I live in an appartment but just bought a house for november. I made a budget for me and my gf and found out that I wouldn't have much money for gaming anymore.

Right now, I don't have any budget because I don't have much to pay for (only the rent and some other little stuff, my gf pays the food) so when my stuff is cleared, I can buy anything I want.

But once in the house, my budget will be tight. So for those who bought a house, did it impact your gaming habits? Are you buying more/less games because of that?

Can't wait though, I'll have lots of room for my gaming ;)

The last 10 days have been gamer days for me, summer job hasn't started yet, parents left for vacation, what to do? Well have a lan party of course! I've been lanning in my garage for about 10 days now playing most diablo 2 and quake 3 :>

Stryder

I guess the last couple of days have been 'gamer days' for me.

On Sunday we had a LAN at our office, there were about 20 of us there (I work in a call centre) and games played were BF:Vietnam, UT2k4 Onslaught and Alien Swarm (god that mod is fun!, but god your teammates can get annoying >:[ ) and Command and Conquer Generals : Zero Hour.

All yesterday was the first day I've had since starting uni which I've had completely off (I just finished mid-year exams) and it was great, I played Riddick, as well as Naruto 2 on the cube, and then started Planescape: Torment on the PC (finally I have time to play this!), it was great, I look forward to a couple more days just like this later in the week.

SickBoy

EDIT FOR THE EXCESSIVELY SENSITIVE: The least spoilery spoilers you've ever read follow.

Slo said:
Where are you at SB? I'm at about 35 hours, play darkside. I'd be more specific but I don't want to spoilerize you.

I just landed on my last planet, playing light side.

I went: Taris (duh), Tatooine, Wookieville, Fishland and I saved just after landing on Korriban.

It's been a lot of fun, and I'm thinking that at some point in the future I'll go through it again dark.

-SB

Slo

I did the planets in a different order, but I've just finished my 3rd planet as well. And I just got the spoiler of all spoilers dropped on me. Good times. Good times. :)

Top Bottom