• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just noticed that Bob's Burgers is the number one most watched show on Hulu

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
They over took South Park. Congratulations to them. Not sure what would have caused a spike in watchers. There aren't any new episodes out.

Popular Last Month:
1. Bob's Burgers
2. South Park
3. Rick and Morty
4. Family Guy
5. Adventure Time
6. Seinfeld
7. Amazing World of Gumball
8. American Dad
9. Golden Girls
10. Law and Order: SVU

can someone pm me a Hulu account/pw? I swear I won't do anything nefarious I just have to watch the new season of twin peaks.

EDIT fuck you EBF what does that even mean

Iceman

They over took South Park. Congratulations to them. Not sure what would have caused a spike in watchers. There aren't any new episodes out.

Popular Last Month:
1. Bob's Burgers
2. South Park
3. Rick and Morty
4. Family Guy
5. Adventure Time
6. Seinfeld
7. Amazing World of Gumball
8. American Dad
9. Golden Girls
10. Law and Order: SVU

Just as an aside, congrats to my acquaintance/new friend Mike MacMahon, who happens to write for Rick and Morty (head writer), was at Fox at the beginning of Bob's Burgers run (although I don't think he had a direct hand in the show), and started on South Park. No wonder he's so sought after right now.

Lombax

Banned
Ok I am not throwing shade here. What am I missing in regards to this show!? I have made it well into season 1 and it never clicked.

Help me out here GAF. Again not to be a dick but when does it get good?

Bob's Burgers is one of the best animated shows, bar none.

Louise is a fucking savage.

And thank heaven Rick and Morty is above Family Guy. Still under South Park but, baby steps.

MIMIC

Banned
I didn't watch it on FOX, but I've been watching on and off ever since Adult Swim added them to their 10-11pm line-up. It's pretty good.

Yeah I'm not a fan which is crazy because I love most animated shows.

I tried to watch this show (again) earlier today. Just can't do it.

Ok I am not throwing shade here. What am I missing in regards to this show!? I have made it well into season 1 and it never clicked.

Here's a copy paste I made a few years back regarding Bob's, since I watched the first season and initially hated it, so much so that I felt embarrassed watching it. But Gaf's praise lured me in for a second shot and now I'm so huge a fan that it finally filled the void KotH left behind:

Once the characters grow on you, everything just clicks. While the humor isn't identical to KoTH, the writing, story and characters are some of the strongest ever to grace the fox block. Character dynamics and the small moments they share together is both where the humor and charm shine with Bob's.

I recommend starting with Burger Wars (should have been the first episode), then Spaghetti Western and Meatballs. Then give Burger Boss and Bad Tina a shot from season 2. If those don't hook you then maybe the show isn't for you. Hulu has Season 4 available too, lots of strong ones in that set. These are just my recommendations though, I'm sure others may have different eps you should start with.

Phased

Golden Girls at 9th. I'm a fan but still a bit surprised.

Is Hulu a subscription TV for older people?

Golden Girls is amazing, and most of the jokes hold up really well to this day even for younger generations. The only thing I can see going over peoples heads are the old references in punchlines sometimes, but overall it's just as funny today as it was in the 80s and 90s and it warms my heart to see the show has so much life to it these days.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member

The first season is hit or miss, I think. But once it hits "Art Crawl" the show starts hitting its groove. Season 2 is better, and Season 3 is phenomenal. The last half of season 3 probably has 5 or 6 of my favorite episodes of the entire series.

Deepwater

the show is oddly relatable and conscious when you analyze it, but effortlessly quirky and down to earth. It's one of those shows where the dialogue is the shining star, and Gene is the MVP in that regard.

joe2187

Banned
Bobs Burgers is popular because it hits that Niche that Simpsons used to have and nobody wants to watch new simpsons anymore.

GCX

Golden Girls is amazing, and most of the jokes hold up really well to this day even for younger generations. The only thing I can see going over peoples heads are the old references in punchlines sometimes, but overall it's just as funny today as it was in the 80s and 90s and it warms my heart to see the show has so much life to it these days.
Golden Girls rarely relied on current topics for its humor which is why it's still as good as ever. Good humor and great performances never get old.

Of course there are a few episodes like the one where Rose dreams about ending the cold war which are a bit weird nowadays.

Top Bottom