• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just want to talk games, man

Viale

Golf Story or Stardew Valley?

Damn I didn’t know the elephant game already launched ... I want it too :(

Golf story if you want a game with a story and an ending. Stardew if you could see yourself getting into it. I tried getting into stardew, and it was a little overwhelming, so I need to try again. If you've gotten into that kind of game before though then I'd recommend that. Get golf story too though eventually if you decide against it.

Also, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but could someone dm me/post the link to the gaf discord? Not sure where I'd find it otherwise...

psyfi

Banned
hey dude you've always been really nice and cool, but right now this kind of rhetoric is being used to silence a whole lot of important criticism

please reconsider your dismissiveness

Trickster

Well look. All the batshit insane people are actually leaving. Let them go someplace else and resurrect their politics-laden SJW tribunal.

As for those who stick around...talk about games you say? Then let's talk about games!
I got really excited about the Xbox BC announcements. Internal 1080p! If you own the discs, you basically get a free HD remaster. It's crazy to what lengths MS went for this. Compare this to the $15 PS2 games on PSN that are "mildly" upgraded/upscaled. And then they're enhancing 360 games for the X. Give me some of that crispy clean Oblivion.

You have 0.02 post per day, like shit you want to talk about anything lol

Crom

I saw gameplay of it idk man I'm just not feeling it

I was the same but I bought it anyway. Having a lot of fun with it and it surprisingly has more depth than I expected. The Treehouse footage had me down on the game but I am enjoying it

psyfi

Banned
I'd love to talk about video games, but here we are once again talking about evilore being an abusive megalomaniac

shit's getting old man

The Dude

hey dude you've always been really nice and cool, but right now this kind of rhetoric is being used to silence a whole lot of important criticism

please reconsider your dismissiveness

Hey man, Im simply busting some balls...I'm not going to sit and just follow the crowd in something I have no first hand knowledge of, so to me... It is what it is. I hope nobody got assaulted but Im not one to just judge someone over situations where there are always 2 sides to every story. Ultimately tho I don't want to know or care to delve into other people's business, I use this board for casual chat and that's all I care about in my current position.

I'm not a lawyer or a judge, so this is beyond my care or knowledge therefore I am just not going to take a stance and go rip into someone

Here's my main question tho and this a serious question, those who obviously have major issue being here and are lecturing others for doing so... Why are those people still here? Shouldn't everyone who's saying to leave be gone already?

But that aside it's just a game forum to me, long as it's here for game chat I'll be here

The Dude Abides. Glad to see you are still here, I like your threads. To me GAF is a gaming forum first and foremost. Sure off-topic well got out of hand but the gaming side generally is where the great discussion was occurring. Let the courts or whoever decide what occurs with what is happening currently. If that leads to the actual demise of Neogaf so be it. But if this forum is still alive I will still use it as a gaming news resource.

The-Big-Lebowski-The-Dudes-Sweater-1-1050x568.jpg

Yeah, Gaming discussion is transforming into Off topic

The Dude

The Dude Abides. Glad to see you are still here, I like your threads. To me GAF is a gaming forum first and foremost. Sure off-topic well got out of hand but the gaming side generally is where the great discussion was occurring. Let the courts or whoever decide what occurs with what is happening currently. If that leads to the actual demise of Neogaf so be it. But if this forum is still alive I will still use it as a gaming news resource.

Spot on dude, i totally abide with that

Tareskog

I want to talk about how we are gonna kill Nazis and the KKK in the new Wolfenstein game but no politics pleaze.

I hope there will be different ways to complete missions like in The New Order. Where you could stealth through missions or go guns blazing. Or if you tried to stealth and got discovered you could quickly adept to the situation instead of the mission failed. This is what they kinda missed with Old Blood imo.

wvnative

I'm playing the new order right now while I wait for origins on friday. Fun game, but hoping the new colossus makes some improvements.

Would like the ability swap crouch and melee buttons.

Hitscan bullets are bullshit imo.

And can we please pick up ammo automatically?

Also is the old blood any different or essentially the same game?

I'll go wherever there's quality content and discussion. Whether that's here or somewhere else doesn't matter to me. Maybe it will be both - you're not limited to visiting one forum.

It's a personal matter between 2 individuals and once more details were revealed it became quite clear it should have stayed that way. At the end of the day what someone does in their personal life is none of my business. I'm not their friend or relative, I don't have to like them as a person in order to enjoy a product/service they are providing. At some point in your life you will be financially supporting people and organizations you don't like or agree with. Bought a Bethesda game recently? Trump's brother is on the Zenimax board of directors.

If people want to leave that's fine, I'm not judging. Follow your moral compass. But for those antagonizing the people still here - why?

petran79

Banned
Browsing GAF all these years taught me that the gaming industry is full of misogynists, sexual predators, racists, alt-rightists, corruption etc.

I should either stop gaming or reading GAF

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I'm playing the new order right now while I wait for origins on friday. Fun game, but hoping the new colossus makes some improvements.

Hitscan is my biggest pet peeve in modern games. IMO its a terrible form of "shooting". Projectile ballistics systems are fairly easy to set up and make shooting feel so much better.

Indie devs, if you must please purchase pre-made ballistics systems from unity and UE4 asset stores. Most of them are dirt cheap, like less than a dinner, and work great!

Browsing GAF all these years taught me that the gaming industry is full of misogynists, sexual predators, racists, alt-rightists, corruption etc.

I should either stop gaming or reading GAF

If that is how you truly see gaming then I feel sorry for you.

The Dude

Yes I don't have the energy or care to worry about other people's problems, I just work, spend time with my wife and family, game and talk games.. That's just me and my enjoyable simple life

It's pretty similar, though it's got it's differences. It's much more "streamlined", for lack of a better term, with fewer cutscenes and plot stops than TNO and a more focused narrative that scale-wise would probably just be one or two missions in TNO. Whether or not that's an improvement is up to you, though honestly I feel like the quality of the writing and storytelling is much higher in TNO, though I like TOB's more intimate scope.

Gameplay-wise it's more or less the same, minus the futuristic laser weaponry. Instead of cutting open grates the new gimmick is a pipe that BJ can use as a melee weapon and traversal tool. They add a new enemy type that wasn't in TNO
zombies
which results in some neat imagery and scenarios in the back half of the game. But otherwise they don't change much that was in TNO.

PBY

Banned
Yes I don't have the energy or care to worry about other people's problems, I just work, spend time with my wife and family, game and talk games.. That's just me and my enjoyable simple life
That's called privilege.

It sucks to be called out that way - but it's the truth.

Dan1984uk

Banned
I've pretty much just been playing Destiny 2, next few weeks will be busy though what with the Xbox X due soon, assassins creed origins, mario, and Wolfenstein, going to be a fun few weeks.

Hey man, Im simply busting some balls...I'm not going to sit and just follow the crowd in something I have no first hand knowledge of, so to me... It is what it is. I hope nobody got assaulted but Im not one to just judge someone over situations where there are always 2 sides to every story. Ultimately tho I don't want to know or care to delve into other people's business, I use this board for casual chat and that's all I care about in my current position.

I'm not a lawyer or a judge, so this is beyond my care or knowledge therefore I am just not going to take a stance and go rip into someone

Here's my main question tho and this a serious question, those who obviously have major issue being here and are lecturing others for doing so... Why are those people still here? Shouldn't everyone who's saying to leave be gone already?

But that aside it's just a game forum to me, long as it's here for game chat I'll be here

Well put, dude. Far better than I ever could. Of course it's sad to see a community fracture like this but I hope everyone finds a place they're most comfortable in.

I am so hyped for Mario Oddyssey it hurts

I know! I haven't been this hyped for a Mario game since Mario 64. Now I just need to find the time to play it on top of South Park and Evil Within 2.

The Dude

That's called privilege.

No it's called I simply don't interject myself into other people's dirty laundry. Which seems to be something a handful of people on the net can't help to do. Other people's business is not my business

That's called privilege.

You can't be serious. He just said he likes to spend time with his family and in his free time he enjoys gaming and somehow that makes him privileged? You don't even know anything about his life yet you're throwing out some big accusations.

Salz01

Well said. Good job. My sentiments exactly.

I want to talk about how we are gonna kill Nazis and the KKK in the new Wolfenstein game but no politics pleaze.

From what I've seen lately it seems like "I just want to talk games, man" is the latest replacement for "please stop talking about politics, games have never been political in any way shape or form/I want people to stop talking about this because I never learned to ignore topics I don't like."

Oh wow, have you seen the latest tweet from Bethesda's account? They keep taking on those Nazis.

"Can we not? I just want to talk games, man. Also why is Bethesda being so mean to Nazis? Can't we just respect them for once? I'm really invested in defending Nazis for some reason.

Oh wow, have you seen how diverse this game's cast is? I don't think we've seen a main character like this befo-

"Ugh I just want to talk about games, man."

Game developer sexually harasses women in the industry/says horribly racist things.

"What does this have to do with anything? I just want to talk games, man.

Top Bottom