• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just watched GitS2 and my head hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddman

I didn't like it as much as the original. I appreciate some of the ideas being explored, I just didn't find myself entertained throughout. The ending was cool...

Teddman said:
I didn't like it as much as the original. I appreciate some of the ideas being explored, I just didn't find myself entertained throughout. The ending was cool...

Wow, must have really sucked then considering how bad GitS was.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Honestly, I enjoyed the original more, probably because it at least balanced its more cerebral moments with some fairly cool action sequences.

While GitS2 was incredible visually (and the behind the scene stuff is certainly worth watching), several parts of the movie were, frankly, boring.

aoi tsuki

The series "suffers" from the same as well, usually dealing more with sociopolitical intricacies, but the action balances it out. It's worth watching episodes again to get the finer details that you miss the first time.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
aoi tsuki said:
The series "suffers" from the same as well, usually dealing more with sociopolitical intricacies, but the action balances it out. It's worth watching episodes again to get the finer details that you miss the first time.

Yeah, but the shows are so short that they can't really afford to go off on the little philosophical rants that the movies do. SAC has those moments, but it tends to have plenty more action / fan service from the Major as well. Great show, although it seems to be waning in the later episodes (I'm watching the American release DVDs as they are released).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom