• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

i know theres not many of you here...but to people who dont like nu-sony style games, which series do you find the most boring to play?

which?

• God of war

• Uncharted

• Tlou

• Spiderman

Results are only viewable after voting.

ACESHIGH

Banned
I know it may be news to neogaf... but people can dislike Sony games.

as a pc only gamer I have bought HZD because it had a really low price when it was first put on sale. And because I'd love them to bring bloodborne and others to pc.

Still haven't played the game more than a couple of hours. Much to the fanboys dismise the Sony exclusive template is a thing for the most part.
Not a fan of their Ubisoftian AAA exclusives. I'd love them to port the smaller stuff though.

Last edited:

Shmunter

All those games are a must play for any legit lover of gaming, except Spider-Man.

It’s just not as good as the Arkham games, for me at least

Last edited:
Man, some of you really hate TLOU 2. Even to the point where you ignore all the other interesting titles developed (even in part) by Sony 1st party studios.

The only other title that comes close to that description is the GOW reboot. So now makes two titles.
So two titles is enough to generalize an entire catalogue of titles in that way under "nu-Sony"?

Do you want me to list? I could or you could google and come to the realization that basically the entire PS first party catalog is a story driven third person action adventure where you walk a lot.

I haven't played TLOU 2 yet and I don't see that changing in the near future. I'm planning on getting GOT, love Sucker Punch so much.

You forgot the crafting mechanics. Oh! And the bow.

How could I ever forget that shit. Pause every encounter to craft 10 arrows, yay! That completely killed my enjoyment of HZD, I hope they streamline it for the sequel.

Man, you guys can make sex sound boring as well:lollipop_tears_of_joy:. If anything Sony's formula is about full immersion with minimal HUD, extremely high quality production and storytelling, extremely solid build with very low glitches or none at all, and wonderful lore.

They are few levels above the industry, they are the fucking GOAT.🐐

Glad to see you back Bo my man :messenger_heart: swear I wasn't trying to start shit on your turf, just felt like that was a question worth answering. There is some obvious value to Sony's first party studios, nobody is crazy to deny it. However, there's no need to act like there isn't a very well defined mold. If you enjoy it, then you'll be in heaven because you'll get it in spades.

supernova8

Banned
Uncharted was neat the first few times but it’s enough already. Linear story tubes pushing you from action set piece to climbing set piece to cut scene just gets dull for me.

I dunno we haven't had many Indiana Jones-type movies for a while since that Alicia Vikander Tomb Raider movie, so I actually enjoyed it. Would definitely play it again in 4K120 if they ever released it on PC :p

tsumake

A game’s technical prowess generally fades with time, so it will be interesting to see how these “immersive” games will be held ten years from now.

Nethernova

Nah not attacked mate, but it's kinda weird how some people (not necessarily you) raise the fanboy argument each time they read some criticism on any Sony exclusive.

Like they can't understand how people can have different tastes or something. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

And if someone has an agenda based on shilling any company for free... Please lads, revise your priorities in life because holy fuck, that's sad.
I’ve owned every single Sony system since the ps1 from *launch day* apart from the ps1 so these “lol Xbotssss post history check it bahahahaha get help” posts don’t phase me in the slightest lol. They are cute.

i own all consoles usually except I didn’t own the last gen Xbox shrug 🤷🏻‍♂️

But I own Sony systems for slightly different games like gran Turismo various exclusive jrpgs/Japanese games and I actually really liked horizon so I’ll be grabbing the sequel

The games in my op bore me to death though 🤮

Loope

It's another Xbox fanboy thread. Console war business as usual.

Because when you have zero exclusive to play, the competition must suck in some way too. You must find a way.

It's like they think they can change the praises those games received or diminish their value. Alas, no they can't.

It's a strange illness actually. It would be more productive to either ask for exclusives on your own platform or just buy a PS4 / PS5 like everybody else.
You mean like both Sony and MS fanboys like to pretend Nintendo games are just for kids or that the immense amount of pc exclusives don't matter because they are mainly strategy games etc.?

I actually don't find those games interesting at all, they're good games but not for me and i've tried some of them at some of my friend's houses (they all have sony consoles), just like i don't have much interest in MS Halo or Gears. The only Sony exclusives that interest me is Demon Souls, Bloodborne, GT and Ghost of Tsushima. MS, waiting for Avowed and Forza games. Is not that far out there that people won't like those games without having some ulterior motives, in my example i just can't stand cutscenes, it is annoying, i get having some sparse ones throughout the game but if there are more that two in a one hours game session, it just irritates me.

They're not bad games though, far from that actually, that's why so many people love them.

93xfan

Banned
Spider man, surprisingly. Love insomniac and loved Arkham Knight and really like Spider-Man as a character, but found the gameplay to be not too much fun. Story seemed great though

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Uncharted. First was good, second was amazing, and the third one was a chore to play through. Haven't played 4 yet and I've had it for awhile.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
GoW. As a long time fan or the original I barely made it past the fight with the little meth head guy Baldur in the beginning. Completely ruined the series from a gameplay standpoint. I want to land a huge number of combos in crazy battle arenas, not stare at kratos back while he tends for his son.

Spokker

When it comes to boring walking and talking, FF7: Remake blows these games out of the water.

You may think I'm impatient or hyperactive and just want action. No sir, I watch baseball and enjoy it, and FF7: Remake was boring as hell when they forced you to slow down incessantly to pad out Midgar.

RedVIper

Banned
What's a Sony-styled game? Their exclusives cover a ton.

Ghost of Tsushima, Ratchet and Clank, Spider-Man, Wipeout, Astrobot, Bloodborne, Killzone, MLB The Show, God of War, LittleBigPlanet, The Last Guardian, Persona, Dreams, etc.

I guess if you ONLY care about online bro-shooters, you're lacking for PlayStation exclusives, but just about everything else is covered- not even counting multi-platform games.

I mean I like a lot of them, but their biggest games this generation are all third person action adventure games.

Uncharted is actually well structured at its core and fun - thanks Amy - the rest on the poll are crap. God of war 2 is the only good god of war, new gow is trash.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Glad to see you back Bo my man :messenger_heart: swear I wasn't trying to start shit on your turf, just felt like that was a question worth answering. There is some obvious value to Sony's first party studios, nobody is crazy to deny it. However, there's no need to act like there isn't a very well defined mold. If you enjoy it, then you'll be in heaven because you'll get it in spades.

Yup, I think it's mostly tied to the limits of PS4 as well, to squeeze much more quality out of so little in both graphics and animations. You know the more stuff in screen the more sacrifices you'll do for both, along with AI which isn't great anyway in last gen overall. They are adding more different games now if you watch, but that formula is just top tier and only need new stories and setups. Just look at how silly the animations are in CP2077 because it's using the cheap 1st person view.

There are very few games that can get closer to PS Studios in terms of quality, if anything 1st person view games are extremely lazy and shortcut solution for devs and yet I don't see people bitching about them ;)

Last edited:
There are very few games that can get closer to PS Studios in terms of quality, if anything 1st person view games are extremely lazy and shortcut solution for devs and yet I don't see people bitching about them ;)

To be fair, a lot of people complained about EVERY game being first person in the previous gen and I actually miss some of those like The Darkness or Singularity. Heck, I'd kill for a new FPS Red Faction.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
To be fair, a lot of people complained about EVERY game being first person in the previous gen and I actually miss some of those like The Darkness or Singularity. Heck, I'd kill for a new FPS Red Faction.

You see, it's more of a preference than a problem with Sony games. Most of those who love Sony's big hitters are 3rd person view fans, like me. Although I like some 1st person view games, but in general I prefer 3rd person view much more ;)

Eimran

This is highly game dependent but if I have to choose I'd say uncharted simply because of UC4. That game was.
1) walk and enjoy the scenery 2) climb and platform 3) shoot 4) repeat

-MD-

I bailed on Spider-Man after like 90 minutes, just mind-numbingly boring gameplay.

Swinging was fun for like 3 minutes.

Chukhopops

God of War was pretty good, probably the best I have played in the list. Didn’t play TLOU2 and I’m not in a rush, will do it eventually when it’s cheap. But Uncharted 4 really broke me, it was the game that made me realize I couldn’t stand this formula anymore of just walking in a straight line, solving the occasional puzzle and shooting stuff.

In the beginning of it there is a part where you see Nathan Drake doing mundane stuff like working and being at home and I started thinking, who gives a fuck really? Nathan Drake was just a goofy guy who searched for treasure and joked around, but ND couldn’t be satisfied with that and had to make it a narrative experience somehow.

Uncharted 2 and 3 were great because of the set pieces, the helicopter crashing and causing the building to collapse, the train sequence, the lost city at the end of the game, all those mind blowing moments. UC4 has a little bit of those moments lost between a ton of walking and talking and climbing and I consider it the biggest disappointment between Mirrors Edge Catalyst and Crackdown 3.

Aion002

Given those options I pick TLU, it is an amazing game, but compared to the others, for me, it's the weakest.

Also, Days Gone>>>>>>>>TLU.

Iced Arcade

If those are a list of bad games... You got it pretty good.

Myself personally I never cared for the uncharted series, but that doesn't mean it's a bad series

RoadHazard

Gold Member
All of them are brilliant, but I'd put Uncharted at the bottom of that list. Loved 1-3, had a good time with 4, but now I feel done with it.

HE1NZ

Banned
Both Uncharted 4 and God of War 2018 were very boring. Can't say the same about previous games in the series. Didn't play Last of Us 2 or Spider.

VertigoOA

Banned
I only loved Bloodborne and God of War.

I think Naughty Dog makes cookie cutter popcorn garbage of no substance.

And Horizon was mediocre.

Yes I’ve played all of them more or less... I did pass of Spider-Man, TLOU2, Ghosts and Days Gone in the end.

Ghosts looks up my alley but I’ll get it when it’s severely discounted to like 20 bucks

Last edited:

itsArtie

"Sony style games" ? It's not like they have 1 style. Whatever style they choose, they produce a masterpiece.
But if I'm voting the most boring one out of the 4 mentioned, I'll choose Spiderman since I don't like his no kill rule so I get bored easily.

Top Bottom